Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Load time

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Anybody else having load issues? Having a ton of issues today. Started with not being able to launch the game. Game launched but didn't show up on screen, shows its running in Taskmanger, was pull it up. Ended the task and tried to relaunch game and got error message: Pirate101 is already running on your computer. (or something very close to that). Told me to reboot computer, did it 3 more times with same error message did not fix problem. Finally was able to uninstall the game and reinstalled it (after multiple attempts). Now the game has been installed and patched and has been stuck on load screen for about 20 minutes. Any ideas?

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Check the computer requirements for the game and make sure that your computer meets them.

When weird things happen on my computer, I defragment the hard drive. If you are unsure how to do this and using Windows 7, click start and search for 'defrag' without the quotes. You can read how to do this and why or just run the program.

When you uninstalled Pirate101, did you use the Control Panel - Programs and Features? If not, I recommend using that to uninstall Pirate101 again (this usually clears Pirate101 from the system), restart computer (clears the computer memory - otherwise there could be some residue left over), and re-install Pirate101.

If those don't work, contact support. I use the Help Menu above (the orange question mark). Include as much information as possible about your computer (ie make/model, operating system, amount of ram, amount of hard disk space available, type of internet access - dial-up, cable, DSL, etc.). It can take up to 24 to 48 hours for them to get back to you.

Good Luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
When you get that also running error bring up the Task Manager again and select the tab: Processes. Go down the list and look for anything Pirate and select it then click: End Process. You will get the warning that if you do this it will affect the running of that program. This is ok since you Want to end all things running for Pirates. Then close the task manager and you should be able to start the game normally.