Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Fashion of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Here is where we can talk about one of the most important things when changing your avatar: Your Clothes!
Do you love Marleybone's steam punk style? Or maybe the western clothes in Cool Ranch are more your thing?
What is your favorite outfit? What has the best stats? What shoes go best with what hat? Do you have any ideas for new outfits? Post all your thoughts on clothing here! I can't wait to hear what you guys think.

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
TackUpwind on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Here is where we can talk about one of the most important things when changing your avatar: Your Clothes!
Do you love Marleybone's steam punk style? Or maybe the western clothes in Cool Ranch are more your thing?
What is your favorite outfit? What has the best stats? What shoes go best with what hat? Do you have any ideas for new outfits? Post all your thoughts on clothing here! I can't wait to hear what you guys think.

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer
Yay! I've been wanting someone to make this post! And now there is one.

Ooh, I'm in absolute love with the steampunk and military attire of Marleybone, but second to that would absolutely be Cool Ranch. I have this amazing outfit I love for my pirate and she looks so awesome in the CR apparel. I was a little disappointed when I saw no togas for sale in Aquila.

I'd say Aquila needs to have a little more girl-suited apparel, for those who may dislike wearing gladiator gear, though I think it's awesome. Maybe togas or chitons as I think the last is called?

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
My favorite clothes, hands down, are the 18th C. ones! Since a woman's gown is not available (and probably not very practical) I do like my gentleman's suit: breeches, waistcoat, and coat. I love embroidery or braid on the ensemble (I envy Ratbeard his brocade waistcoat), with lace ruffles peeking out from under the coat. I'd prefer to wear stockings (plain, not striped) and shoes with buckles if I could get them. But the cocked hat I have, I really love, as it not only has a plume, it allows me to wear earrings!

I did enjoy the 16th-ish C. doublet I had earlier on in the game, with the small ruffs visible at the sleeve end. I also really liked the MooShu tunic I wore for quite some time, as I felt it had a nice feminine style, and I liked the ribbons (well, ties, but they looked like ribbons).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Skull Island pirate wear was fun. I agree with Anne on loving the 18th century ruffley stuff. I loved the rich look of it. My Witchdoctor just loved the indian princess outfit in Cool Ranch. Such fun. . My Swashbuckler is just as much loving the long coat. Very spaghetti westernish. I loved the dresses with the ribbons in front from Mooshu and the ones with the wrap around the waist that always contrasted beautifully with my two flag colors. Lo Pan's outit is SO intimidating, I love it although I could do without the stick going through my head (What's up with that?), as a sufferer of frequent migraines it just struck too close to home . I love the longer backed Marleybone outfit with the gold ribbons in the back. So Pretty. And I agree with Emma that Aquila needs togas or chitons. The NPC's look so lovely in them. But I do love what I had to chose. The armor is beautiful. I adore the long, laurel crowned cape of one and the beautiful Lions on the short caped one. I would love to combine them for the perfect armor.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I had a thought... Emma, you mentioned somewhere that you liked to draw pictures of your character? We could perhaps draw a picture (or screen shots) of one of our pirates (or more, for that matter) in a favorite outfit, and submit it to KI for the Fan Art. Or, if your mind envisions impractical garments or ones not available in game, our characters could be playing 'dress-up'. (Then Anne could wear an 18th C. gown with silk ribbons and sleeve ruffles... at least for the picture). What do you think? Then we could see each other's creations, and I think that would be fun. I could also use some drawing practice too. Mind you, I will probably have to mail the picture to KI as pictures and email don't always work for my computer.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I had a thought... Emma, you mentioned somewhere that you liked to draw pictures of your character? We could perhaps draw a picture (or screen shots) of one of our pirates (or more, for that matter) in a favorite outfit, and submit it to KI for the Fan Art. Or, if your mind envisions impractical garments or ones not available in game, our characters could be playing 'dress-up'. (Then Anne could wear an 18th C. gown with silk ribbons and sleeve ruffles... at least for the picture). What do you think? Then we could see each other's creations, and I think that would be fun. I could also use some drawing practice too. Mind you, I will probably have to mail the picture to KI as pictures and email don't always work for my computer.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ninja Gear

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
I love to draw my characters, and today I actually got it right! Emma is soon to be a level 35,so it's not long till she'll dress up in the gorgeous Mooshu gear... I love those, so pretty. And yea, that sounds fun! I'd love to, Anne! :D

Ciao!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
I prefer Valencia's steampunk style to Marleybone's steampunk style. Valencia NAILED it with its steampunk looks, even the Armada is totally steampunk. I must admit, the KI developers did an astronomical job with Valencia's style.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2012
Marleybone clothes have good stats (not as good as aquila) and are just very well rounded. During mooshu i could not wait to get all of the ugly mooshu clothes off and get new marleybone gear.

dashing dylan eastman

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I wear a dark cowboy hat with black trim color, a brown trenchcoat with black trim, and black/black Cool Ranch boots. I like the style and it fits my level! It's also helpful to have some extra knives in your trenchcoat.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I love Marlebone and Valencia's clothing and particularly love the items Bishop drops. the Steampunk thing they have going on is wonderful and I hope to see more of it in Valencia.

Impish Omar Undrewood

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Haha! I have thrown down the Art gauntlet (if there is such a thing), and drew and submitted my picture. I was tempted to have Anne playing dress-up in a pretty gown with a beribboned stomacher (and my attention was drawn recently to a portrait of a woman in a 'brunswick' -kind of a long coat- which would be both elegant and practical... could really work for a pirate girl). But I thought for a first picture I would draw Anne in the gentleman's suit she likes to wear: shirt, embroidered waistcoat, breeches, frockcoat, and -of course- a cocked hat with a fancy plume. All in my favorite colors of purple and pink!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Haha! I have thrown down the Art gauntlet (if there is such a thing), and drew and submitted my picture. I was tempted to have Anne playing dress-up in a pretty gown with a beribboned stomacher (and my attention was drawn recently to a portrait of a woman in a 'brunswick' -kind of a long coat- which would be both elegant and practical... could really work for a pirate girl). But I thought for a first picture I would draw Anne in the gentleman's suit she likes to wear: shirt, embroidered waistcoat, breeches, frockcoat, and -of course- a cocked hat with a fancy plume. All in my favorite colors of purple and pink!
I saw it Anne- and it's gorgeous! You're wonderful with art. I just finished drawing Emma in a Valencian fencer's apparel and she looks awesome. I'll submit it later.

Ciao!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
No matter where I am or what i'm wearing i'll always try and find a way to wear my signature black and green tricorn. XD

~Elizabeth, level 15 ~

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Beautiful Madame Anne! I must say I'm impressed. You are just as good drawn as you are writing. Keep up the good work!

As for clothing I would also give a thumbs up for Skull Island regalia. It always annoys me that the cloths look so good, yet the stats are so bad. Oh the irony!!!

By your leave,

Impish Omar Underwood

Nobody expects the Holy Minquisition!!!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Beautiful Madame Anne! I must say I'm impressed. You are just as good drawn as you are writing. Keep up the good work!

As for clothing I would also give a thumbs up for Skull Island regalia. It always annoys me that the cloths look so good, yet the stats are so bad. Oh the irony!!!

By your leave,

Impish Omar Underwood

Nobody expects the Holy Minquisition!!!!
Thank you very much, Monsieur Omar. You are very kind to me. I also very much agree with what you say about the Skull Island style clothes, but I have high hopes for the Valencian clothing that surely will come our way.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe