Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Satyrs in Achaea for the 4 grape juice

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
WOW are these guys powerful. This was the only problem area i encountered in all of Aquila. I basically was down to just me a Swashbuckler and 3 satyrs every battle cause they killed off all my companions really fast which were high enough level all over 60. I had to invis and poison the satyrs stay invised until the poison wears off and re-invis and poison 3 times, luckily i had 3 invis cards and 3 poisons for a total of 13 rounds of poison and 13 rounds of invis. I am amazed at these docile creatures and how they could be so powerful at the point you get them. Im not complaining just amazed, it was a fun battle one i wont forget as i had to use every card in my arsenal to defeat them. No heals makes these guys very tough for swashbucklers, i have one heal a revive on my chest gear and thats pretty much it. Good stuff. I defeated them easily with a privateer and musketeer, solo of course not in a group with another PC. Anyway FYI to all try to defeat these guys with no heals really makes for a challenge.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Dracorro on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
WOW are these guys powerful. This was the only problem area i encountered in all of Aquila. I basically was down to just me a Swashbuckler and 3 satyrs every battle cause they killed off all my companions really fast which were high enough level all over 60. I had to invis and poison the satyrs stay invised until the poison wears off and re-invis and poison 3 times, luckily i had 3 invis cards and 3 poisons for a total of 13 rounds of poison and 13 rounds of invis. I am amazed at these docile creatures and how they could be so powerful at the point you get them. Im not complaining just amazed, it was a fun battle one i wont forget as i had to use every card in my arsenal to defeat them. No heals makes these guys very tough for swashbucklers, i have one heal a revive on my chest gear and thats pretty much it. Good stuff. I defeated them easily with a privateer and musketeer, solo of course not in a group with another PC. Anyway FYI to all try to defeat these guys with no heals really makes for a challenge.
Yea same here I got through the rest aquila good with only a few deaths but those satyrs they were too strong it took me 2 hours to kill them they are too overpowered they can hit three people at a time and with mojo rising they drain your health 50% on the first round it's ridiculous I needed two other people to help me beat the satyrs and even they said when they were doing this they called for help to. And for witchdoctors it must have been a serious hassle because they have witch hunter so KI should at least make it so that the satyrs aren't extremely hard to beat they can keep the other epics.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 62
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Ensign
Sep 10, 2011
Hello, its my first post here but I did finish the game already. The trick with this satyrs is never let your companions and yourself stand beside each other. Their hits travel from one character to another when in the range of its epic attack. So its important to remember spacing and do not crowd in one place. For example, If you attack, try to hit from four different positions. In a 3 x 3 square block, it would be the four corners or the four sides of the central square. This works too with the ophidian sorcerers.

Hope this Helps!
Two-Face Sebastian Finkle L65

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
I just started fighting them and I agree, they are massively overpowered. It's ridiculous.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Dracorro on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
To me i think they're over powered too, but i manage to finish that quest in about 30 minutes, due to me having 4 players there helping me. Silver Griffin Xiriga lvl 65

Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
Simple guys,
1. Spread out your companions.
2. Kill one of them at a time.
3. Avoid any witch doctor spells.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Monsoon Jo on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Hello, its my first post here but I did finish the game already. The trick with this satyrs is never let your companions and yourself stand beside each other. Their hits travel from one character to another when in the range of its epic attack. So its important to remember spacing and do not crowd in one place. For example, If you attack, try to hit from four different positions. In a 3 x 3 square block, it would be the four corners or the four sides of the central square. This works too with the ophidian sorcerers.

Hope this Helps!
Two-Face Sebastian Finkle L65
That is great advise. Congrats on getting through the game so far. Welcome to the message board community. Your kind of wisdom is welcome here, hopefully you have a goofy sense of humor too, then you will fit right in.

Ensign
Sep 10, 2011
Thanks for the warm welcome! I found this game extremely enjoyable as much as I did playing W101.

Just to add, while standing, in front and away from but in the range of a satyr hit, two characters at the same row of squares with a space in between, doesn't prevent damage. Keep moving and position yourself to attack from different sides as described above.

Two Faced Sebastian Finkle L65
Reckless Abe Armstrong L65