Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which School Is The Best In Skull Island?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
Witchdoctors are awesome they steal health! they are kinda weak but their spells are awesome! I Am Charming Caroline Ainsley In Pirate101 I am A level 46 Witchdoctor Add Me I will Be IN Skull Island at 1:00 See Ya In The Skyways

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Swashbucklers, they may not be the toughest pirates, but they do such destructive damage.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
There is no best school - all schools have their pros and cons.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
masterryan1969 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
There is no best school - all schools have their pros and cons.
That is very true swash do the most damage but have low health, bucc have lots of health but not as much damage and not dodgy, musketeer are very accurate but don't do a lot of damage and are easy to hit because they are not dodgy, witchdoctor do a good deal of damage and have strong spells but have the lowest health than any class and are not dodgy, and privateer has plenty of hp but don't do as much damage as swash.
I personally think swash is the best but privateer would be second
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 60
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
i agree with master.

Classes for the most part are fairly balanced it just comes down to how you play your char and how you build your char.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I'd say if there were a battle with one Privateer and 3 Buccaneers. Privateers rely on their companions to do most of the damage, but when you have a lot of other players that are already strong, and the Privateer makes them stronger, any battle will be simple, in my belief.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 62

Captain
May 13, 2011
like yan said, theres no best. buccaneers have good defense, but low offense. witchdoctors have low damage and accuracy, but can attack many enemies at once and buff others while debuffing enemies. musketeers have low damage, but their skills can attack many enemies at once and they can place traps to help keep their distance. swashbucklers can hit a lot and bring an enemy down quickly, but can also break quickly. privateers have low damage like a buccaneer, but can buff and heal their allies, making them count more on companions than other classes do

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
like yan said, theres no best. buccaneers have good defense, but low offense. witchdoctors have low damage and accuracy, but can attack many enemies at once and buff others while debuffing enemies. musketeers have low damage, but their skills can attack many enemies at once and they can place traps to help keep their distance. swashbucklers can hit a lot and bring an enemy down quickly, but can also break quickly. privateers have low damage like a buccaneer, but can buff and heal their allies, making them count more on companions than other classes do
when you start adding talents from card giving gear this tunes it a bit more so. I play a buck, though i have trained all the swash talents + a few WD's and just rouse from the private trainer :-) very very good setup for me. I am farming this one map its all guns so what do i do? I use 3 gun companions duck holiday, bonnie and billy the kid. I put on armor to boost them not really me. 3 big juju and one snake one so i am boosting their agi stat +400 over the base they seem to always burst fire and do specials its so sick. it works better than me trying to go in and do anything if i become it i just use hide card. dont even need to move. map goes SO FAST this way :-) now its not going to work always but for the couple maps i am doing it works. Like on Zeena's battle it works well too.

cheers.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
I think the swashbuckler because I am a swashbuckler and they have a lot of special moves

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctors have low damage?

i think you mean low dodge unless you have played with some ill equip WDs. WDs have low health low accuracy low dodge high damage some of the longest ranged skills

I can hit over 2k (super hit 1k with a normal hit) with just one hit don't think any other class can hit that high with just a single hit (not a single skill)

Still thou like others have said classes are as close to being balanced as i have seen in any mmo in awhile.

It really comes down to how you play vs the enemy and how well your equiped and what you equiped youself with.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
After playing the game a fair amount, and having members of every class somewhere between levels 35 and 59, I have to say I think KingsIsle did an excellent job balancing them. I still think buccaneers may be a little underpowered compared to swashbucklers (the two most similar schools), but if they are weaker, they aren't by much. I also enjoy playing all five schools.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 07, 2012
ahoy

i think the best pirates are the buccaneers cause if you have the tree blocking damage you are almost invinceable and with the increased strenght plus turn the hide wow it will be a very destructive damge

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
the school I think is best is witchdoctor I think its best because you can summon steal health charm enemies and slow an enemy. The other reason why I think its great is because you can solo most of the game with it and I played a witchdoctor in beta and it was really cool and fun I solo the game with it in beta and I did the exact same thing that I did in beta .see ya next time in the spiralromantic rebbeca ivring.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
They al work together to sow chaos amongst the Spiral.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
It depends how you like or want to play.

If you want to kill enemies quickly, be a Swashbuckler. (Be warned, you'll have low health!)
If you want to be strong and take lots of damage, be a Buccaneer. (Be warned, your damage will be lower!)
If you want to attack from afar and use a gun, be a Musketeer. (You'll have trouble when your bemuses get close-range!)
If you want to use hoodoo spells and have a wide variety of powers, be a Witchdoctor. (Not all the powers are strong!)
If you want to heal your teammates and yourself, be a Privateer. (You can't attack very well, though!)

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Quentin Atherton on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Swashbucklers, they may not be the toughest pirates, but they do such destructive damage.
I resent that. A buccaneer does do less damage, but only by 20%. So Turn The Tide 1 would make Buccaneers do the same damage as Swashbucklers. I have seen someone who was a Swash, same level, do about 40 more damage than my Buccaneer. Big whoop.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
I think wichdocters are the best u can cast spell from far away and stuff it's good for battle

-dark ivy west lvl 18 (wichdocter )

Captain
May 02, 2009
All schools have their strengths and weaknesses.

1. Buccaneers have high health and lots of damage (my level 60 Buccaneer does almost the same amount of damage as my level 65 Swashbuckler), but terrible accuracy. What's the point of all that damage if you can't hit?
  2. Musketeers have lots of powers and health, but terrible dodge. If a mob is relentless enough, it could wipe out a musketeer in a few rounds
  3. Privateers have lots of buffs, good stats, but terrible attacks. They can only use bombs and whatever power that their gear gives, so if it was a privateer with no powers versus an enemy with full health, the privateer is dead.
  4. Swashbucklers have excellent dodge and a great deal of damage, but poor health. If they went up against a Witchdoctor with Mojo Echo 2+, they'd be dead in no time.
  5. Witchdoctors have a bunch of powers, and health, but lack in everything else (except Will), they don't have the greatest accuracy, nor the best dodge. They can survive a little while, but without those powers, a witchdoctor wouldn't stand a chance against any class.
So, they're all the best, yet they're all the weakest class. Each and every class is capable on taking down each other and their selves.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
coolster50 on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
All schools have their strengths and weaknesses.

1. Buccaneers have high health and lots of damage (my level 60 Buccaneer does almost the same amount of damage as my level 65 Swashbuckler), but terrible accuracy. What's the point of all that damage if you can't hit?
  2. Musketeers have lots of powers and health, but terrible dodge. If a mob is relentless enough, it could wipe out a musketeer in a few rounds
  3. Privateers have lots of buffs, good stats, but terrible attacks. They can only use bombs and whatever power that their gear gives, so if it was a privateer with no powers versus an enemy with full health, the privateer is dead.
  4. Swashbucklers have excellent dodge and a great deal of damage, but poor health. If they went up against a Witchdoctor with Mojo Echo 2+, they'd be dead in no time.
  5. Witchdoctors have a bunch of powers, and health, but lack in everything else (except Will), they don't have the greatest accuracy, nor the best dodge. They can survive a little while, but without those powers, a witchdoctor wouldn't stand a chance against any class.
So, they're all the best, yet they're all the weakest class. Each and every class is capable on taking down each other and their selves.
i agree with the witchdoctor part thats why my witchdoctor uses swords unusual for a witchdoctor indeed but spells not much damage like 85-1300 mojo reaver and sometimes they get horrible companions like mormo and sky snake and scorpius maybe not mormo but yeah

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Agreed as usual. all classes have a great advantage but also an Achilles Heel. I would write a list but Pirates in the Sky and Coolster50 made some wonderful ones already. At the end of the day, it entirely depends on how you like to play the game and which class best suites your tastes.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
there is no best school in Pirate101, every school has their good and bad. You just have to pick a class that is good for you.

level 65 swashbuckler