Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PLEASE give us a combat log

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2009
All too often damage numbers are displayed out of view of the camera, especially with complex attacks or tall enemies. Please give us a chat-like window that will display the results of combat actions including damage done.

If you don't want to do that, please draw all damage numbers actually in view of the combat camera.

Thanks.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2012
I totally agree. While a combat log would be nice. I would just love to be able to see the damage that my pirate is doing. I can almost always see my companions attack numbers on screen, as a Buccaneer I rarely see what my damage is.
I think the problem is that the camera views in too close.
I also had this problem on my Swashbuckler.
I Really hope they look into this.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2012
Sirap on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
All too often damage numbers are displayed out of view of the camera, especially with complex attacks or tall enemies. Please give us a chat-like window that will display the results of combat actions including damage done.

If you don't want to do that, please draw all damage numbers actually in view of the combat camera.

Thanks.
Agree.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2012
Community Leader
I like the idea of a battle log - but I'd like to see it as an Optional setting, something that could be turned on or off. It could even let you choose whether you wanted damage shown in the main chat box, as separate text bubbles, or both (as we can for regular chat).

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
As a daily player, I'm constantly theorycrafting and putting together strategies for my battles. What I'd love on a combat log would be a five-battle hit log for my team and any other players' teams when they're in my battle. However, it wouldn't count the exact movements of the opposing team, except for in PvP. Also, I would love a MVP and average damage bit, if applicable.

However, with the addition of a combat log, a way to chart the board would be so useful, like the way a chessboard can be charted. It would be announced for each battle before it was added. Here's what I imagine it to look like:

Battle No. 1 - 5 x 5 battleboard
Opponents: 2 Troggy Hunters, 1 Troggy Shaman
PlayerNameHere uses Assassin's Gloom on Troggy Warrior, Troggy Warrior, Troggy Shaman on B2
PlayerNameHere takes 30 damage from B3, B1, and C2.
Troggy Warrior, Troggy Warrior, and Troggy Shaman have been defeated! PlayerNameHere wins the battle!
Avg. Damage: XX
MVP: PlayerNameHere

Please consider something like this!

D.S. Devereaux

Edited later that day: If there was a feature like this, I would imagine it in another section of your player stats. Perhaps another hotkey page? -DSD

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
DS Devereaux on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
As a daily player, I'm constantly theorycrafting and putting together strategies for my battles. What I'd love on a combat log would be a five-battle hit log for my team and any other players' teams when they're in my battle. However, it wouldn't count the exact movements of the opposing team, except for in PvP. Also, I would love a MVP and average damage bit, if applicable.

However, with the addition of a combat log, a way to chart the board would be so useful, like the way a chessboard can be charted. It would be announced for each battle before it was added. Here's what I imagine it to look like:

Battle No. 1 - 5 x 5 battleboard
Opponents: 2 Troggy Hunters, 1 Troggy Shaman
PlayerNameHere uses Assassin's Gloom on Troggy Warrior, Troggy Warrior, Troggy Shaman on B2
PlayerNameHere takes 30 damage from B3, B1, and C2.
Troggy Warrior, Troggy Warrior, and Troggy Shaman have been defeated! PlayerNameHere wins the battle!
Avg. Damage: XX
MVP: PlayerNameHere

Please consider something like this!

D.S. Devereaux

Edited later that day: If there was a feature like this, I would imagine it in another section of your player stats. Perhaps another hotkey page? -DSD
Great idea The game could even track how many times you have been MVP

As a frequent player and a fellow deverux I support you

C.G.Deverux