Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Types of Hit Added

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
Hello All:

I noticed a new thing today. The critical hits appear to splash up on screen now. I have seen Mega, Super, and a few other words indicate that the critical hit animations (which occur whether or not you use the critical strike attack) would play. It is a good thing to see the splash occuring.

I wondered why the critical hits needed to be called mega or super though. A critical hit is a super event and should just be called a critical strike. I like the improvement but what is the difference? I love the Bison Champion stomp.

Administrator
Hi! Just wanted to clarify here . . . there are three levels of Critical Hits:

• The first level of Critical Hit will show the word "Super."
  • The second level of Critical Hit will show the word "Mega."
  • The third level of Critical Hit will show the word "Epic."

These will progressively do more damage the better the level of Critical Hit.

Thanks for bringing this up!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Hi! Just wanted to clarify here . . . there are three levels of Critical Hits:

• The first level of Critical Hit will show the word "Super."
  • The second level of Critical Hit will show the word "Mega."
  • The third level of Critical Hit will show the word "Epic."

These will progressively do more damage the better the level of Critical Hit.

Thanks for bringing this up!
Thanks for clarifying those Jack.

Having been a wizard for years, I would have thought it Super, Epic, then Mega (since Mega is after Epic in wizards.... at least pet training wise)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 14, 2010
I just had the fun time of experiencing this in cool ranch while "trying" to finish the tax relief quest. Wow I was shown the door and in a hurry. As I went from tower to tower the chance of the enemy having a new hit became higher and higher. Finally at the north tower it was every round from every bad guy. I am hoping this was a glitch and not part of the game from now on. If it is to be the new style of playing maybe changing the damage rating down or have this a quest that only a higher levels can complete? Anyways, it seems like it can be a great way to play as long as we are at least giving a chance to lose with our dignity intact? :-)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
OfxSaint: ""Having been a wizard for years, I would have thought it Super, Epic, then Mega (since Mega is after Epic in wizards.... at least pet training wise)"

I understand what you are saying, but I think the terms are in a more correct here than in W101. The order is a little strange in Wizard I suspect because they didn't have all of the terms for new levels of awesomocity worked out from the start, so they have to keep thinking of new ones. I always look forward to seeing what they come up with next! (And my wizards are falling behind... all that piratin' that's going on, don't you know?).

-Michael

Ensign
Jan 20, 2009
To the OP:

Keep in mind that there is plenty of blending in the damage ranges, so it's possible to get a Super that is greater than a Mega or even a low Epic damage roll.