Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pirate101 is kinda losing the pirate theme

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
after i beat skull island i didn't feel like a pirate ( the skyways barely helped )

the story for map was ok too

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
zachshock on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
after i beat skull island i didn't feel like a pirate ( the skyways barely helped )

the story for map was ok too
I just wanna say that you'll feel like a pirate soon. In real life there the spanish pirates, the english pirates, the chinese/japanese pirates, and many more. I mean wouldn't you want to try to be all of them in a game based around pirates? Also they have plenty of jokes that will sometimes get you not feeling like a pirate, like the Stupendor-X.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
noahdd on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I just wanna say that you'll feel like a pirate soon. In real life there the spanish pirates, the english pirates, the chinese/japanese pirates, and many more. I mean wouldn't you want to try to be all of them in a game based around pirates? Also they have plenty of jokes that will sometimes get you not feeling like a pirate, like the Stupendor-X.
True but cowboy pirates? After some time i became used to this but at begin i honestly admit that i was not convinced... i mean, steamers/cowboys/bison-natives they not enter usually in piracy themes ^^...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Clownsanity on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
True but cowboy pirates? After some time i became used to this but at begin i honestly admit that i was not convinced... i mean, steamers/cowboys/bison-natives they not enter usually in piracy themes ^^...
Well in Wizard101, the same thing happens. After Wizard City, most of the worlds loose their "wizard-y themes" and follow their own paths to the story. I don't really see that as being anything wrong. Why not be exposed to different themes? Plus Blind Mew stated in "A few story questions..." in A Pirate's Life log, that Cool Ranch was their first world of development and they wanted to implement it in this game. All the other worlds kinda centered around it. Besides, to me some things, are those "about time" themes in my mind (like the Western themes and dinosaurs). While your background is that of a Pirate, you're entering Cool Ranch more as a vigilante or a desperado. Some dark figure with a dark past lookin' to do some justice. I think fits with the middle point of the game.

One other thing, these worlds won't always follow, exactly, the piracy theme but the story line definately will. Also piracy has to do a lot with crime on ships so anything that deals with crime and can be put on a ship goes and Cool Ranch backs a mega punch on that note lol.

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I have to agree about the whole cowboy thing. And frankly, MooShu isn't much better, Chinese pirates notwithstanding. I want to look like a (stereotypical) pirate in (stereotypical) pirate gear. So either I'm wearing underpowered equipment and utterly helpless in a ship I like, or I'm dressed like a silly samurai on an even sillier ship with downright stupid sails that block my view of what's in front of me.

At least my swashbuckler managed to find gear that makes him look like a highway man. Once I get out of the old west, though, the cool 18th century look I want to cultivate will be lost.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Well chinese/japanese piracy have a sense since it was (and in some case it is!) real, well anytime personally i love the game so i would play it prolly even if there would be a barbie world .

Ensign
Dec 27, 2008
Pirate: One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a soverign nation.

Players need to think outside of the box on this one. I feel that there are some players that are going to look at the pirate definition as being of the Hollywood type that everyone is accustomed to. But then think about what would a pirate be like in a different world. That is the type of theme that Kingsisle has portrayed in Pirate101. When you are in a different world, the type of "Pirate" changes with what the theme of the world is. It is a very creative way to keep the game extremely interesting.

Ensign
Feb 06, 2010
Hold onoto the gear you like the look of until they add the item appearance swap feature like in Wizard...I assume its coming eventually?