Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

delaying promotion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Yo there!

A quick question: does it make any difference if i promote a companion a lever later than the one when he receive the promotion quest? Example: Old Scratch promotes at 24, does it change something if i promote him at 25?

I am asking this because i usually rise my companions level by 2 at once with a single point and knowing this for sure would let me to save some training point ^^.

Thx in advance

Community Leader
Clownsanity on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
Yo there!

A quick question: does it make any difference if i promote a companion a lever later than the one when he receive the promotion quest? Example: Old Scratch promotes at 24, does it change something if i promote him at 25?

I am asking this because i usually rise my companions level by 2 at once with a single point and knowing this for sure would let me to save some training point ^^.

Thx in advance
As far as I know it doesn't make a difference. I have waited as long as 3-4 levels to promote Bonnie Anne. The promotion will increase stats the same amount no matter when you do it and it will grant the same amount of epics. It's more a matter of how long you want to go with an underpowered crew member. If you don't care, you might as well wait until a few more levels go by, making the quest easier to do anyway.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
As far as I know it doesn't make a difference. I have waited as long as 3-4 levels to promote Bonnie Anne. The promotion will increase stats the same amount no matter when you do it and it will grant the same amount of epics. It's more a matter of how long you want to go with an underpowered crew member. If you don't care, you might as well wait until a few more levels go by, making the quest easier to do anyway.
Perfect thx for the answer! Don't worry about underpowered companions, my questions was just because since at lvl 50 companions will be at 47, i rise them two level at a time (with one point), so 21, 23, 25, etc, it is more efficent , also by clearing every area before to go to next from quests my companions are always at same level of mobs (even higher) .

Community Leader
Clownsanity on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
Yo there!

Thx in advance
Once you receive a promotion quest for a companion, it serves no purpose (other than choice/preference) to hold off pursuing the promotion, the promotions are the same.

I have obtained companions after having reached level 50, and their series of promotions is the same irregardless.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV