Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Billy English pistols, crit rate and rifles

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Yo there pirates!

Could you (also maybe a dev!) explain or tell me if there is some difference in critical rate between pistols and rifles? I am asking this because yesterday Billy English guns (Deathdealers with burst fire card) made me crazy, listen at the story:

I was farming as usual earth/fire temple when at a certain point i blurted: Why in the name of the mighty white whale my crown shop lvl 45 rifle does only and quite often 104 damage against terracotta warriors with a Overwatch strike (Santa Rana's hat)? Then i tried my favoured guns, aka Deathdealers and... well... not only with normal hits, beside of some unlucky and rare 64, i did more damage than my rifle, but sometimes also almost TRIPLE damage, 300 and more damage with overwatch and double critical with burst fire, but even without a burst fire i did more damage; so at end i prolly lost some damage on skill usage but i am not sure on this too since seemed to me those demoniac pistols enjoied a lot to crit very often (much more than with my rifle wich can do 300+ damage with a crit if it crits and just once every tot of fights), so here my questions:

1. Are these pistols to have something special or is just my impression after to had need like one hundred fights vs Billy for to have them? In theory my rifle should double their damage with a normal hit and without to need a burst fire shot.
2. Is critical rate from rifle different from pistols in general and in particular with Billy's pistols?

Thx for clarifing, this thing really make me mad .

p.s. Duke of Death lives!!!

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal (and ducks )

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
See, 1187 damage with the 4x trap crit vs fire elemental with those pistols wich with i critted almost 95% of times , never happened with rifle, well must to say that some power did less damage than with the rifle but at end considering overwatch strikes plus burst fires and the ton of crits, seemed to me to do very well, so at end i would say that in any case Deathdealers are awesome pistols, a must for every self respectful musketeer!

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
And again 1280 damage with a trap and 404 with overwatch+burstfire (always against fire elemental) not bad , so at end i would say that rifle does more damage with skills like inferno shot (+ and x hits), but overall Deathdealers seems to perform better with passives and traps.