Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To Much Gold????

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 18, 2009
Well apparently, I have found myself with to much gold. I am at 100K and I cant sell anything because of too much gold. This wouldn't be a problem to counteract if there was a bazaar like place or if I could preview houses to buy. Well, this seems to be a problem also because since I can't sell anything, my bank is filling up, and I don't want to start losing items. Any tips to lose gold, like throw it off a cliff?

Community Leader
An easy way to use your gold I found in the past is to either buy companion points in any tavern, or buy a new ship better than the current one you own.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Community Leader
I run into this a lot with my high level pirates.

I have ended up buying housing items from the crown shop quite frequently just so I dont "lose" gold.

Nearly all housing items currently in the crown shop can be purchased with gold.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Level all your companions to lvl 50 with training tomes (if you are lvl 50), collect every ship in the game avaible, by each of the two avaible houses in the crownshop with gold (buccaneer's den costs 100,000), buy housing decorations. If you have too much decorations, all the ships, all the avaible houses, and all your companions are at level 50, I would strongly recommend you to buy a bunch of more training tones regaurdless of your companions' levels to prepare for the next world so that when you reach the next level cap, all of your invested tomes can help you move your companions to their next cap as well.

You can roughly buy 18 training tomes with 100,000 gold.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
WickedSkies on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
Level all your companions to lvl 50 with training tomes (if you are lvl 50), collect every ship in the game avaible, by each of the two avaible houses in the crownshop with gold (buccaneer's den costs 100,000), buy housing decorations. If you have too much decorations, all the ships, all the avaible houses, and all your companions are at level 50, I would strongly recommend you to buy a bunch of more training tones regaurdless of your companions' levels to prepare for the next world so that when you reach the next level cap, all of your invested tomes can help you move your companions to their next cap as well.

Thanks for the tips. Now I can try to prepare my swashbuckler for the next world ROFL.

Community Leader
WickedSkies on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:

Note that you can not buy more than 10 training tomes at a time. You can hold more if you get them through quests or find them, but you can't buy past a surplus of 10.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
i think there should be no gold limit i keep farming friar sand for gold and i get to the gold limit and i'm really mad fix this please

Community Leader
herobrine029 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
i think there should be no gold limit i keep farming friar sand for gold and i get to the gold limit and i'm really mad fix this please
I would guess that they'll increase the gold limit for the when the next world is released.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Developer
herobrine029 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
At the same time, many others have mentioned that it is impossible to keep all their companions trained up and that gold is too hard to come by!

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
My companions are all at 50, I have the ship I want and I have a house (but I am not too fussed about houses), and I have also hit the gold cap. At least give me the option of transferring it to another character on my account or putting it in my bank.