Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tribal Pack Impossible

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
Hello I noticed that the tribal pack was posted today so i decided to try it. When i started i had 50000 crowns now i got some very cool stuff out of this deal but really want one of the five companions. I now have 35587 crowns still with no companion. so iI was just wandering is it even possible it get a companion and if so what might the percentage that you get one?

Musketeer Fan #1

Administrator
It's very possible to get a companion!

Basically it's a random loot roll. Some of the uber cool items are very, very rare. Please be aware, with ALL random chances (not just in this game), the odds of winning reset with EACH attempt (so, if you have 1:100 chance of getting the desired item, then each time you roll, your odds are 1:100 - that does NOT mean if you buy 100 packs, you'll get 1).

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
You might want to check it One-Eye. I looked up my account. 84 attempts, 0 companions. I have all the pets, all the mounts (minus the one I accidently deleted) 3 of the weapons and bags and bags of house junk. Of course, all the equipment variable. I had them for some time. But I kept pulling more packs looking for a companion. 84!

I have spoken with several other players who also have all the pets and rides etc. What they ALSO have in common is they also have NO companions. This has left such a bad experience in my mouth it is unlikely you will see any more pack purchases if the odds of a companion are so extremely rare. In all honesty, you should get a companion by pack 10. There are 5 companions and would still take quite a few crowns to get all 5 but jeez.

If it is really "working as intended" you will never see another pack purchase on my account. I truely belive it is messed up for that catagory of items based not only on my extreme number of pulls but couple that with the other players I have spoke with and thier pulls.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2012
The new companions are Epic drops so a very low percentage of drops. i have the buccaneer (Triceratops) and spent about 20k crowns so far. Keep going if you really want it if not its not a deal breaker.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
eveque67 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
You might want to check it One-Eye. I looked up my account. 84 attempts, 0 companions. I have all the pets, all the mounts (minus the one I accidently deleted) 3 of the weapons and bags and bags of house junk. Of course, all the equipment variable. I had them for some time. But I kept pulling more packs looking for a companion. 84!

I have spoken with several other players who also have all the pets and rides etc. What they ALSO have in common is they also have NO companions. This has left such a bad experience in my mouth it is unlikely you will see any more pack purchases if the odds of a companion are so extremely rare. In all honesty, you should get a companion by pack 10. There are 5 companions and would still take quite a few crowns to get all 5 but jeez.

If it is really "working as intended" you will never see another pack purchase on my account. I truely belive it is messed up for that catagory of items based not only on my extreme number of pulls but couple that with the other players I have spoke with and thier pulls.
I 100% agree. If anything, make companions rare, ultra-rare, and the mounts and pets epic instead. I spent 30,000 crowns on nothing but packs and did not get a single dinosaur companion for my swashbuckler. And that was BEFORE I realized that companions and training tomes actually got DISPOSED of if your backpack was full.

I won't buy packs anymore because of companions. If anything, I'd do it for the mounts and or pets, and that will be all. There is no way I will ever spend 30,000 crowns again.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Shiningfantasia on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I 100% agree. If anything, make companions rare, ultra-rare, and the mounts and pets epic instead. I spent 30,000 crowns on nothing but packs and did not get a single dinosaur companion for my swashbuckler. And that was BEFORE I realized that companions and training tomes actually got DISPOSED of if your backpack was full.

I won't buy packs anymore because of companions. If anything, I'd do it for the mounts and or pets, and that will be all. There is no way I will ever spend 30,000 crowns again.
I did the same thing, about 31,000 crowns myself..
I received a bunch of new pets and mounts, but niente on companions.

I even had the warning that my backpack and bank were both full, before the fix.
My bank wasn't even close to being full.
So I lost 399 crowns and a pack.

That was a waste of crowns.

I wonder if there is something in place for reimbursement.

Administrator
Peabotz on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I did the same thing, about 31,000 crowns myself..
I received a bunch of new pets and mounts, but niente on companions.

I even had the warning that my backpack and bank were both full, before the fix.
My bank wasn't even close to being full.
So I lost 399 crowns and a pack.

That was a waste of crowns.

I wonder if there is something in place for reimbursement.
Yes, if you lost items before the fix was in place, it would be a good idea to contact support and explain the issue.

Community Leader
You may want to re-read the article about the pack.
"your Pirate has a chance to gain cool new items like Aztecosaur Companions, mounts, gear and much, much more"

The companions are ranked at Epic along with the 5 point training tome.

It isn't impossible to get, its just that you are most likely going to get items with the common, uncommon, rare, and ultra-rare rank.

It could take the player next to you in the game to get a companion 1 try, and it could take you multiple tries.

I usually only spend a set amount of crowns on packs. For example when a pack first comes out I only spend up to about 5,000 crowns. If I am happy with what I got, I go up to 10,000. But that is when I will usually stop untill I am feeling lucky at a later time/date.

This pack is pretty generous with Mounts and pets, which is very rare on Wizard101, so I am happy. The Jade Anklyasauraus is great.

But yes obviously the companions are the "jackpot" in most peoples eyes for this pack.

Goodluck~

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Brave Alaric Bella... on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello I noticed that the tribal pack was posted today so i decided to try it. When i started i had 50000 crowns now i got some very cool stuff out of this deal but really want one of the five companions. I now have 35587 crowns still with no companion. so iI was just wandering is it even possible it get a companion and if so what might the percentage that you get one?

Musketeer Fan #1
well i got really lucky on a companion i got 13 packs only one companion he's so awesome i hope you get one

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
it's really annoying when we get housing items and not good gear or weapons or mounts please fix this so we have a better chance on mounts gear and weapons level 50

Ensign
May 25, 2009
Just started on Tribal Pack but did not get very far. If the item is no trash, no auction, how do you delete items you do not want. Is there a place to sell household items? Please reply, I want more packs but am all filled up. Thanks

Administrator
Gabrielle myth on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Just started on Tribal Pack but did not get very far. If the item is no trash, no auction, how do you delete items you do not want. Is there a place to sell household items? Please reply, I want more packs but am all filled up. Thanks
Good news! You can sell housing items to any housing vendor, like Mr. Trelawny near the Kraken Skulls Tavern.

Developer
Gabrielle myth on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Go to your dorm room and move some items to your shared bank, and some items to your bank.

For all your furniture items, don't forget to use your Attic storage space.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
One of my friend has one of the companions and hey One-Eyed Jack could you add gifting. My friend wants to give me packs of tribal packs. LOADS OF THEM! I hope I get the mount but all you have to do is just add gifting. That's all I'm asking. I'll make another post on it if you don't see it and I think you're FriendlytheNecromancer on the website you have before getting hired at KI. So please see it and moderator send it to him. Don't we all want gifting?

Community Leader
herobrine029 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
it's really annoying when we get housing items and not good gear or weapons or mounts please fix this so we have a better chance on mounts gear and weapons level 50
Just so players realize there are two sides to every situation...

Its really annoying when I get gear and weapons my level 50's cant use (or wont because its too ugly! WE NEED STITCHING!!) ;)

Since I have somewhat finished the game on several pirates, I find the housing items to be awesome.
These have have motivated me to decorate my house(s) in the game.

Matter of fact, showing my decorated house to a few friends that had been playing pirates and since moved on awhile (playing something else) waiting for new content brought them back into the game and they are having fun decorating!!!

Would really like to be able to let my extra pets/mounts go on my properties like we can in Wiz101, hope we'll be able to do that soon!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 18, 2011
I thought I was the only one having this problem. I don't think anything in this game should cost that much. I mean aren't we already spending enough money. It has really been an eye opener. I mean really should a companion cost as much as a weekend getaway. Bad idea kingsisle.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Just so players realize there are two sides to every situation...

Its really annoying when I get gear and weapons my level 50's cant use (or wont because its too ugly! WE NEED STITCHING!!) ;)

Since I have somewhat finished the game on several pirates, I find the housing items to be awesome.
These have have motivated me to decorate my house(s) in the game.

Matter of fact, showing my decorated house to a few friends that had been playing pirates and since moved on awhile (playing something else) waiting for new content brought them back into the game and they are having fun decorating!!!

Would really like to be able to let my extra pets/mounts go on my properties like we can in Wiz101, hope we'll be able to do that soon!
...to you.

the gear and weopons FOR YOU are too ugly. And that's your opinion.

I think the gear its fine and has it's own uniqueness (and I hope you're a fan of unique things). I will not disagree, having stitching won't kill the game at all. But please, just for future advise, add the IMO to your opinions because I found that a little offensive that you woun't use perfectly fine gear just because its design isn't as appealing to you as some other gear (which is fine. No one's forcing you to use anything you don't want to. And we all have or own opinions. Just some people might take it the wrong way)

As King Axaya said in Azteca "Learn about about a new culture, before you accidently offend someone." (Lol thanks like my favorite line in that world next to the multiple music references)

That is all. Thanks!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Patience288 on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
I thought I was the only one having this problem. I don't think anything in this game should cost that much. I mean aren't we already spending enough money. It has really been an eye opener. I mean really should a companion cost as much as a weekend getaway. Bad idea kingsisle.
I don't know. Are you spending enough money on a game? In my opinion, I think 399c is pretty fair for a pack. If you mean for the overall price to pay for a game, I could never tell you. You determine if you're paying a gourmet dinner, 5 star hotel stay, and a day at an amusement park price for a game.

If you're buying crowns on top of subscription, then I think that was a choice on your part. I pay crowns, period, on Wizard101 because I never liked the idea of not keeping the areas on that game. This also allows me to buy any crown items I thought I wanted. On this game, I got that subscription during the Boochbeard purchase time. I think it was well worth it and, for me, I'd get crowns if I want to because I'd liketo get something. Ok, I'm not mad at all.

This pack was not a bad idea for Kingsisle at all, in my opinion. Could they have added all the items of this pack individually in the Crown Shop? Of course! But that takes up space in the Crown Shop and the individual prices for each of those items (especially the mounts and companions) would be a price most would wince at. A pack allows for multiple items to be won at chance for a practical bargain price (A companion for 399crowns? That's unheard of!) They allow for people to experience the style of a culture, world, or theme we may soon or never go to. The possiblilty of Pirates going to Azteca and getting all these items through a storyline is very, very slim. So a pack gives the player a taste of want else is out in the Spiral without actually going to the world. (Besides I think you'd spend much more on an Expansion to accomodate what's in the Tribal Crew Pack)

In some cases, when I hear and read what people say about this game when comes to paying and playing, it almost sounds like most don't want them to make money at all. I can recognize the differences between the game itself and the buisness sense it self. These are desgners, artists, programers, developers, etc. who all have families and try to make a living, just like you (or your parents if you're a kid/teen like me), doing something they love. I don't see a wrong in that. If all 31,000,000 players (that's both games combined) just stopped buying subscription and crowns, then, yes, Kingsisle will loose money you didn't want to give them and eventually both these games will die. Happy?

But that won't happen because Kingsisle is the leader in Family MMOs. Too many people are pretty content with these game. Now will they all spend a whole lot of cash on these games? No, I doubt it. Will they all make it to every new expansion KI makes? No. But I think KI has made pretty good decisions throughout the time they've been up and have made a very big impacked with in my life as a person. So I don't think people should hate on their follies, nor should we let them stir too far off our course.

-Thanks and no hard feelings or attempts in a full scale war!

Cunning Finning Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
...to you.

I think the gear its fine and has it's own uniqueness (and I hope you're a fan of unique things). I will not disagree, having stitching won't kill the game at all. But please, just for future advise, add the IMO to your opinions because I found that a little offensive that you woun't use perfectly fine gear just because its design isn't as appealing to you as some other gear (which is fine. No one's forcing you to use anything you don't want to. And we all have or own opinions. Just some people might take it the wrong way)

As King Axaya said in Azteca "Learn about about a new culture, before you accidently offend someone." (Lol thanks like my favorite line in that world next to the multiple music references)

That is all. Thanks!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler
why do you find it offensive that they wont use gear they don't like the looks of...i wont use anything i feel is ugly or doesn't match what i already have on either...i wish they would put stitching in, part of my enjoyment in playing is putting together outfits for my characters. i don't think the the IMO to a post is necessary, obviously if they said it, it's in their opinion. don't make a mountain out of a molehill...sounds like you just want to argue.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Question. you guys mentioned 5 companions.
Is there one for every class?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
scurvy scarlet on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
why do you find it offensive that they wont use gear they don't like the looks of...i wont use anything i feel is ugly or doesn't match what i already have on either...i wish they would put stitching in, part of my enjoyment in playing is putting together outfits for my characters. i don't think the the IMO to a post is necessary, obviously if they said it, it's in their opinion. don't make a mountain out of a molehill...sounds like you just want to argue.
No, no, no. Starting any arguements was not my intent at all, thank you very much. Honestly, when I look back on it, yeah I could've just left it alone and moved on and wear and play whatever I want how I like. However, at the time, it just kinda bugged me to call the outfits 'ugly' and I just wanted to add my two cents. That is all. To me, I think the gear looks fine and I probably wouldn't stitch it even if stitching came out. Maybe you would. Fine. I'm cool with that.

I will apologize if I caused any discomfort in my post. I was a little upset and probably didn't need to, as you put it, "make a mountain out of a molehill." So I'm sorry for making a big deal out of another's opinion.

Good Huntin'

Community Leader
stormy hunter zest on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
Yes, there is one crew member of each of the 5 classes.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
stormy hunter zest on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
Izten Kaan (The yellow ptero) is the Privateer.
Chilam Bak (The Skeleton looking turtle) is the Witchdoctor.
Lemba Moonskull (The Purple Dino with a skull on her head) is the Musketeer.
Kawil Doomclaw (The purple Dino with 2 club spikes as weapons) is the Swashbuckler.
Holkun Doomhorn (The Dino who holds a shield) is the Buccaneer.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Captain
May 02, 2009
Pirates o the Spir... on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
Izten Kaan (The yellow ptero) is the Privateer.
Chilam Bak (The Skeleton looking turtle) is the Witchdoctor.
Lemba Moonskull (The Purple Dino with a skull on her head) is the Musketeer.
Kawil Doomclaw (The purple Dino with 2 club spikes as weapons) is the Swashbuckler.
Holkun Doomhorn (The Dino who holds a shield) is the Buccaneer.
I made a song about them. Its really catchy

Community Leader
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
...to you.

That is all. Thanks!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler
For the record, any post on the boards is an opinion. Plus my comment was meant to be sarcastic, in response to someone saying similar things about housing stuff.

I still think the gear is ugly, unique, and ugly.
And the gear I already had is better.

Learn about forum culture before being offended.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV