Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New sounds?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Ok, when fighting sky snakes, and buffaloon, there is now a very annoying sound effect I hadnt noticed before. It literally makes your computer sound like somethings freaking out in the sound system.

The rattling, of the sky snakes, and the fluttering of the buffaloon wings.

Is VERY annoying, ive had friends joining me, and asking me on skype if I hear it because they think their systems are having problems.

Please consider removing these sounds, they do not add any additional ambience, and are simply annoying.

Not just simply annoying, making us turn ALL the sound off annoying. Why spoil the rest of the game with these annoying sounds.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
After doing many of these battles last night, at least buffaloon battles.
I am wondering if these sounds have always been there, but have somehow been flagged to change how dominant they are versus the other game sounds.

The more pirates that join the battle, the more buffaloon there are, and the worse this sounds gets.

Further thought, and I dont think it should be removed, but its volume needs to be adjusted so its not the only thing you hear.

I have done IT work for years, and buffaloon wings fluttering sounds just like an internal hardware conflict with a sound device. Quite annoying at any "volume".

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV