Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yule Trogg Bug

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I bought the new Yule Trogg for my Witchdoctor and noticed that every 4th hit or so, even though the animation would happen, the enemy's health bar was not visible and when it popped up again, no damage had been registered.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
I bought the new Yule Trogg for my Witchdoctor and noticed that every 4th hit or so, even though the animation would happen, the enemy's health bar was not visible and when it popped up again, no damage had been registered.
I bought 2 and I'm seeing the same thing.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Yes , I just bought the Yule Trogg as well . Was working fine for awhile , then halfway thru the fight , as stated above , the animations would play , but 3 attacks in a row that would have been successful , did no damage at all...so it died lol

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Hi Tlakin,

Is your witchdoctor 50 by chance?

I was wondering how many epics the frog gets and how many talents it gets.

Administrator
Hi! We'll be fixing the Yule Trogg's attack animations soon in an upcoming patch to the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Can I add to that the Yule Trogg somehow doesn't have it's unique voiceovers? Will you give the Yule Trogg his voiceover, too?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
eveque67 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Hi Tlakin,

I talked to my mom, who bought the Yule Trogg (at level 48) and my friend who also bought the Yule Trogg (at level 50) and they both said that you do NOT get to teach him any epics whatsoever. Just talents.

I would really, really buy him simply for the novelty of it, but knowing that you'd have a companion with simply a single epic (vengeance strike) really does not motivate me to buy that thing. He'd simply be sitting in the lower end of my companion list (which at this point is 20+ companions long) collecting dust.

What might have made this companion much more of a novelty is if he had some kind of idle emotion where he'd make a snowball and throw it at a pirate or something. Or if he made a snowball and threw it a mob in the battlefield hitting for an extra 10 or so damage.

But other than it's looks, there is nothing special about that Yule Trogg. A shame really.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
eveque67 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Hi Tlakin,

My witchdoctor is level 50. The Trogg comes with vengeance strike, but he doesn't get any others.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Hi! We'll be fixing the Yule Trogg's attack animations soon in an upcoming patch to the game.
Sounds good! Thank you! Even if he isn't very useful at endgame, my Witchdoctor is lvl 13 and is finding him very useful . . . when his attacks count!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Trimond297 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Can I add to that the Yule Trogg somehow doesn't have it's unique voiceovers? Will you give the Yule Trogg his voiceover, too?
I was hoping you could hear little sleigh bells in the background when he attacked!