Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggested Changes To The Dungeon Warning:

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
1) Rather than just on and off, how about On, No Sound, Off? I like the warning, but I get very tired of hearing the same warning every time, especially when it is not accurate (Fort Elena says it takes an hour. It took over an hour and a half.)

2) Highlight the time it takes to do the dungeon, and make it accurate. From what I can see it always says an hour, which is not at all true. Some take fifteen minutes. Some take half an hour. Some do take an hour. Some take MORE. Make it accurate! I don't expect it to the nearest minute, that's precise. But it should be to the nearest 15 minutes. Everything else in the warning is exactly the same every time. It is the accurate time that is important, and should change with each dungeon.

3) Remember, that adding more players usually makes combat LONGER, not shorter, so don't say "or maybe less if you bring a friend or three". Although victory is more sure, since you have twice to four times as many animations to get through the actual combat time is LONGER, unless that friend happens to be a heck of a lot stronger than you, and can take out three or four enemies each round.

4) Could there be an option to skip the animations of special hits? After the first ten times, it gets rather monotonous and time consuming. Even just hitting the space bar while it is going on would help, and could speed up the time it takes to do a dungeon tremendously.

5) It isn't always obvious which enemies can be sneaked around and which cannot. Often I have charged into a group that suddenly appeared after a dungeon event only to find that they could have been sneaked around, or spent ages trying to sneak around a group you simply can't. Is there some way that could be made a bit more obvious which is which?

Community Leader
Max DeGroot on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
1) Rather than just on and off, how about On, No Sound, Off? I like the warning, but I get very tired of hearing the same warning every time, especially when it is not accurate (Fort Elena says it takes an hour. It took over an hour and a half.)

2) Highlight the time it takes to do the dungeon, and make it accurate. From what I can see it always says an hour, which is not at all true. Some take fifteen minutes. Some take half an hour. Some do take an hour. Some take MORE. Make it accurate! I don't expect it to the nearest minute, that's precise. But it should be to the nearest 15 minutes. Everything else in the warning is exactly the same every time. It is the accurate time that is important, and should change with each dungeon.

3) Remember, that adding more players usually makes combat LONGER, not shorter, so don't say "or maybe less if you bring a friend or three". Although victory is more sure, since you have twice to four times as many animations to get through the actual combat time is LONGER, unless that friend happens to be a heck of a lot stronger than you, and can take out three or four enemies each round.

4) Could there be an option to skip the animations of special hits? After the first ten times, it gets rather monotonous and time consuming. Even just hitting the space bar while it is going on would help, and could speed up the time it takes to do a dungeon tremendously.

5) It isn't always obvious which enemies can be sneaked around and which cannot. Often I have charged into a group that suddenly appeared after a dungeon event only to find that they could have been sneaked around, or spent ages trying to sneak around a group you simply can't. Is there some way that could be made a bit more obvious which is which?
2) The dungeon warning do say different times. The Presidio says 45min, I believe and I know that the Dead Man's Hand instance in CR says 2 hours. I usually solo instances just because I play at weird hours of the day and no one is around, but I always check and see how long it's going to take before I enter and then keep rough track of how long it actually takes. It seems that, across the board, they take about 15 min less than KI states, for me at least. I do the Presidio in about 30 min, and my first time throught the 2 hour extravaganza in CR took about 1hour45min. This is all circumstantial, of course, but I don't think the numbers are that wrong. Based on your other post, the reason if was longer for you was that you had a friend along. The mission to rescue Sally and Napolinguin was the only one that took me longer than stated . . and it was because I had another person with me.

3) This does seem to be true. The only way another person speeds thing up is if you separate and leap frog each other's battles, which I have yet to fully test in all dungeons or bringing along someone who outlevels the dungeon significantly.

4) I have often thought about this myself. As satisfying as some of the animations are to watch, the option to skip them would be nice sometimes when you're in a hurry!

5) One of the stranger things about P101 and W101 is that a good part of the strategy is avoiding combat, something you don't often see in MMO's. What battles you skip are almost as important as which ones you complete. Usually, I check to see what the next step of the quest is. That's a good indicator as to whether you have to battle it out or try and sneak around. If it says, "Defeat Group of Skeletons" you won't be able to sneak past the skeletons . . unless you have another player there to start a battle with them. Then you can sneak by! Conversely, if the next part of the quest says "Find [insert boss]" there's a good chance you can sneak around whatever obstacles are in the way. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it can be a good indicator at least of which battles you can't avoid.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!