Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easier to Solo or to Team Up?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 14, 2011
Hello all ye' pirates!

I be' wonderin' if ye think it is easier to solo or team up with 'em friends?

I be thinkin' it's easier to solo

-Magnus!

Ensign
Jul 21, 2011
Its about the same if the team is cordinated, it sometimes goes faster. Boss fights where its just to kill one guy def go faster in a group

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Actually, since additional members add monsters, I would think it may be easier to solo as well.

Especially if the mobs are really tough, having extra mobs in the mix can really be dangerous. There is no guarrantee that those extra mobs that have been added by an extra team member will not attack you or your companions.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2011
It depends on if your in a dungeon or not. I like to team up with others in a dungeon and on land. Out at sea, I like to fight solo on shipboard attacks because it is faster, plus I can test out new powers.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Its easier and faster to solo battles, but when with someone else the drops are way better including how much gold you recieve. Every additional player tends to increase the amount of health and the numbers of opponents you are up against. When farming for gold you get way more with someone than by being alone. Ship battles are always easier and faster when with someone than alone, their health doesn't seem to go up the more ships you have upon them but they still seem to drop better.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Most of the game is pretty easy to solo. There are a few quests that make it easier for friends to join you, like the fight with Gortez at the Gold Mine. Ship battles can easily be soloed, but can take forever sometimes, so having someone to pair up to battle ships is not only easier, it's a lot more fun!

Teaming up is great, too. Not only for the additional company to chat with, but for the extra chests for rewards.

I do prefer to solo, however, I always welcome my friends if they have the same quest, like fighting ships, a boss, buffaloons, etc). Plus, I am available to help them if they need it.

Inky India Innsbrook
Musketeer L40
Nautical L36

Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
Much easier to solo! I dread ship battles in congested areas and times; it would be nice if they had the option of accepting or rejecting an add to battle.

Lucas
Level 45 Bucaneer

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
When it comes to broadside combat, I would definitely prefer to have people around. Not only do they help defeat enemy ships so much faster, the skies also become much safer to travel and be in.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This really depends on the individuals or the group of players that are teaming up.

Some classes are great to have when teaming up and make gameplay more fun, although the battles may take a bit longer, but on the other hand, it helps a lot if trying to get drops or you must defeat a high number of enemies, then, instead of a bunch of battles, you only have to do 1 or 2 battles.

Also, if people learn how to do ship battles, it is best to have a team and have everyone attack the ship together. You do not have to board ships to get the nautical, gold, and drops you need, so in ship battles, if people are battling them properly, they are so much better to do with a bunch of friends!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
seasnake on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
Its easier and faster to solo battles, but when with someone else the drops are way better including how much gold you recieve. Every additional player tends to increase the amount of health and the numbers of opponents you are up against. When farming for gold you get way more with someone than by being alone. Ship battles are always easier and faster when with someone than alone, their health doesn't seem to go up the more ships you have upon them but they still seem to drop better.
Additional players DO NOT increase the health of the enemies, just the number of enemies. Not even for bosses. So if you are fighting a battle where the goal is to defeat the boss, having more people is much better, especially since you still get gold & items from the other enemies even if you didn't kill them.

I think that if you are in a group that has good communication you will have a much better time than if you are just with random people. I also think the game is slightly easier with other people, but then again I play 2 accounts and with my wife so we are quite coordinated in our attacks.

Ensign
Sep 14, 2011
Thank you all for your replies!

I'll make sure to check out which one of these tactics is the best.

Right now, I still find it easier to solo.

Especially in Cool Ranch where the enemies shoot a lot (and also damages a lot), and if someone joins; more shooters.

-Magnus.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2011
Arrrrr, it be much easier to solo. Fightn' with an entire army with all o' there crew causes too many opponents to join, especialy in Dungeons

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
I prefer to work with one person, but sometimes its A LOT easier to solo in some dungeons (like Deacon)

Silent Amber 41 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Mar 23, 2011
I say normally its easier solo.however, in many dungeons I like doing them with other people(including the ones like fin),some like in the volcano I do them solo.when in one battle I do not finish the goal I also team up.everything else I am solo(especialy deckside combat).

Ensign
Feb 17, 2011
it really depends what type you are and haw many crew members there are

if your a strong type like buccaner,swashbuccler and muscketeer

solo is easy but...... if you are the other two types then soloing is pretty hard

(i spell bad i know) also have high level crew members will help

i also recamend doing side quests you'll level up in no time!

serena spencers level 12 witchdoctor

marygreenbloom level 56 life

Captain
May 13, 2011
going alone can be boring sometimes. teaming up will force you to plan what to do and not just go leroy jenkins on the boss