Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

unfair advantage!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 23, 2009
Okay the boats have an unfair advantage as no matter what level you are, and I am almost 30 nautical, you can only fight one boat at a time. Still I am constantly hit by 2 or more boats all the time during a fight.
But the real kick in the gut is when you are just about to kill the boat and it starts healing and not allowing you to strike, WHATS THAT ABOUT?

Seriously? Once they do that the only thing to do is leave and heal because it wont let you hit it until its COMPLETELY healed! By that time you too weak from your last fight to start another.

Who on Earth thinks this is fair?

Developer
Elder Wizard Sojo on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Okay the boats have an unfair advantage as no matter what level you are, and I am almost 30 nautical, you can only fight one boat at a time. Still I am constantly hit by 2 or more boats all the time during a fight.
But the real kick in the gut is when you are just about to kill the boat and it starts healing and not allowing you to strike, WHATS THAT ABOUT?

Seriously? Once they do that the only thing to do is leave and heal because it wont let you hit it until its COMPLETELY healed! By that time you too weak from your last fight to start another.

Who on Earth thinks this is fair?
It sounds like you tried to pull the enemy ship too far from its designated patrol area.

You've moved so far away that the enemy ship assumes that you're trying to flee, so it goes into "heal mode" and returns to its original location.

If you are out there fighting enemy ships alone, I recommend observing them for a while to watch their patrol area. Then move in close to a spot where you can engage just one ship without another ship getting pulled into your fight-- the ships on the "ends" of the patrol zone are the best choices for this.

Then drop anchor and fire away.

This should solve both your issues.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
It sounds like you tried to pull the enemy ship too far from its designated patrol area.

You've moved so far away that the enemy ship assumes that you're trying to flee, so it goes into "heal mode" and returns to its original location.

If you are out there fighting enemy ships alone, I recommend observing them for a while to watch their patrol area. Then move in close to a spot where you can engage just one ship without another ship getting pulled into your fight-- the ships on the "ends" of the patrol zone are the best choices for this.

Then drop anchor and fire away.

This should solve both your issues.
Is there an advantage to dropping anchor in ship combat? I never really though about it, but now that you mention it, I have noticed enemy ships dropping anchor during combat.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'm nautical level 50 and completely dominate in sinking ships. I've started playing another character and even dominate with the starting raft and other starter ships. I spend gold to equip and understand what I need to do. The game isn't the problem, its getting down how to do ship fights. I find it fun sinking ships.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Uh Ratbeard, there is another unfair advantage going on in Valencia. Somehow, without hitting the ship, the armada ships gain health and the other ship takes damage. Is this one of Kane's tricks or is it just a bug?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Uh Ratbeard, there is another unfair advantage going on in Valencia. Somehow, without hitting the ship, the armada ships gain health and the other ship takes damage. Is this one of Kane's tricks or is it just a bug?
I believe that's a bug as some ship powers don't show any animation at all, only the damage dealt and the health healed. I feel this should really be fixed as soon as possible so the confusion surrounding this goes away.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2009
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Talkin The Plank on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Is there an advantage to dropping anchor in ship combat? I never really though about it, but now that you mention it, I have noticed enemy ships dropping anchor during combat.
I don't think there is an advantage. I do it out of habit so I don't drift anywhere and as a result would have to reposition myself.

Captain
May 13, 2011
the heal mode is kinda annoying. i feel like im going very easy on the enemy ship. "hey, you just go on there and heal to full health so i can pummel you later"