Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Classes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Hey Pirates, I just wanted to know what you guys thing the best class on Pirate101 is. I hear many different opions from friends. Tell me waht you think. I think they are all even in someway.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
swashbuckler you have quite powerful attacks and when you boost your weapon dam with strength, agility and attire you have really strong attacks.

when your attacker attacks you most of the time you dodge it and about 25% of the time you block.

i chose it cause i love duling especialy when you are a pirate.

Ensign
Aug 03, 2010
Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Captain
May 02, 2009
Taco727 on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
Hey Pirates, I just wanted to know what you guys thing the best class on Pirate101 is. I hear many different opions from friends. Tell me waht you think. I think they are all even in someway.
I made all 5 classes and have fought along all of the (excpet Privateers for some reason) and they all seem exceptionally well so here is the best class in Pirate101:

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Ensign
Jul 17, 2012
I love privateer. you get more companions and have the highest base health in the game.you also get some awesome stat boosts from privateer only gear. if you choose privateer I would use training points for witchdocter because then all you do is attack and heal from behind while your buccaneer and swashbucklers hold the front line. it is also good for fights like the sumo wrestler in the valley of the golden monkey because you can use gunpowder barrels on him and not get damage until he gets close. you will also have a wide range of healing spells.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Taco727 on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
Well if you want mega good attacks but low hp and def i recomend witch doctor , privateer if you want good heals, swashbuckler for dodging a lot, and musketeer for ranged attacking, plus buccaneer if you perfer a warrior based class

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Ok ive played all 5 classes to level 25 or higher and completed the game with seashbuckler and musketeer so far. Swashbuckler is my favorite overall due to the combat abilities and musketeer is by far one of the highest powered classes in the game, who else can do 800 plus damage to multiple targets and set traps that deal awesome damage before you ever get touched. Witchdoctor is fun with all the spells and summons skellies to help you in combat. Privateer is also a great class for those who like to sit back and improve your companions stats and watch them do all the work. Buccaneer was my least favorite so underpowered and misses alot of attacks to do poor accuracy, not to mention no heals and no abilties other than critical hit or small debuff to mob. So choose wisely and most of all Have Fun.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
I think the best classes are because Swashbucklers almost never get hit in higher lvl fights and witionh first strike and riposite it's very hard to hit them. Privaters are great for aiding their allies with healing and inspiration spells.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
bronzcup on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
I like the and classes.
My main is a and secondary is a lol.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 47
Helpful Luke Nelson - Level 14

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
No one says musketeer? Muskeeters are awesome at max level. Great AoE damage, almost never miss (ver handy end game feature) and the ability to shoot behind protection, i have seen musketeers do more damage than swashbucklers with the AoE shots, and thats at max around 500 damage (critical would double it). Musketeer forever!

Dead eye Luke, Level 50

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Dead Eye Luke on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
No one says musketeer? Muskeeters are awesome at max level. Great AoE damage, almost never miss (ver handy end game feature) and the ability to shoot behind protection, i have seen musketeers do more damage than swashbucklers with the AoE shots, and thats at max around 500 damage (critical would double it). Musketeer forever!

Dead eye Luke, Level 50
I hope you read my post i mentioned musketeers as one of the highest damage output classes in the game check my post 2 above yours and youll see i mentioned musketeers. They are awesome indeed I have completed the game with swashbuckler first then musketeer second. Personally i chose the outrageous fortune as my weapon of choice cause it has the 20% armor strikethrough. The ending gun was weaker i thought. At one point or another i steered away from agility gaining gear and went with more damage mods ie: +4 damage on a piece of gear cause thats the equivalent of 20 agility. On my swashbuckler i do the same thing, even though my agility is much better, my musketeer still does way more damage overall. After a certain level lets say 25, you rarely get hit at all most of the damage goes to your companions or pets anyway so why not just boost your damage up as much as possible and sit back and enjoy.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
i can give you 3 reasons i love

1) STRONG.

2) they wield spears, which are m favorite weapon on pirate101.

3) their teacher's a hammerhead shark.... which is cool.

4) their 1st companion is my brotherly bull ronin

(i know i wrote 4 (just how much i love !)).

Lucas Jackson level 10

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
I say Buccaneer since they are the best class for soloing.They tough and they can withstand more attacks

-Jacob Underwood lvl26 buccaneer.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I like witchdoctor myself. I am level 36 on my witchdoctor and it has been a LONG time since anything managed to kill me. I also recommend farming Johnny Ringo in Cooper's Roost to get the Wrangler's Ring from him. It gives a Valor's Shield talent and the ring is for Witchdoctor's only. That talent has saved me or a wounded companion many many times. In Beta I played a buccaneer and a privateer and found both of those died more often with my play style. I haven't done much on my musketeer or swashbuckler, so can't really answer for those.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2012
I personally like swashbuckler more than other.
But all the classes are equal.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Personally, swashbucklers () have the best damage. My level 5 swashbuckler did 109 damage with a normal attack. Swashbucklers also give you the most companions. If you want more chance to win though, Privateers () can heal you, your crew, and other people in the same battle as you. They also have powers where you can make your crew more willful, accurate, dodgy, and drop bombs on your enemies.If you want to preserve your life and block you enemies from attacking you, chose musketeer (). Buccaneers () are OK if you want more clothing and weapon options. Witchdoctors () on the other hand have the least attacks and just isn't my preference.

Sensible Timothy Aldridge level 24
Daring Melissa Aldridge level 10
Darling Shelby Aldridge level 2
Pretty Isabel level 5

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In part, that depends on how you define "best". How much damage they individually cause? How much fun they are to play? How effective their overall effectiveness is (that is, your character + his/her crew).

I can tell you that if any of my pirates were looking for a partner to team up with - they would look for a privateer!

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
I think ()swashbucklers are the best

heres why...

1. they can hide from the enemy for a good sneak attack (which increases their damage)
2. they poison the enemies that inflict them multiple turns
3. they are light on their feet which gives them the ability to run VERY far on the battle field (never run from a swashbuckler)
4. able to jump over obstacles
5. they are one, of the 5 classes ,that attack most damage

there r lots of reasons a is the best class,
but these reasons r the most basic 2 me

- lvl 50 swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
Ensign
Oct 22, 2011
I think that musketeers is the best class because you can attack from long ranges and you use guns.

Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
I think the best class is the one you're having the most fun playing.