Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

clothing stats compared to level

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
I was just curious, I am level 15 (witchdoctor) and i just got to valencia. the clothing option in the gold shops is worse than the first outfit your class is given in the chest. I am still wearing level 5 gear and the houngmans robe because the stats are the same or better than what is available.
my question is when does the gear match your area and level? it seems to me this is a ploy to get you to buy the crown gear. without better gear i am either gonna be forced to buy crown gear or lose a lot of battles.. not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Over a good while of playing Pirate101, I have noticed that stats do not increase as dramatically as one may think.

I came to the conclusion that this is an intended mechanic to the game, where your stats simply do not "matter" as much as powers, strategy, or companions.

BUT, another thing, since you are only level 15, you still have a LOT of levels to go before you get to 45+. By that time, you will have equipment with very good stats, I am sure.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Witch Doctor clothing is seriously lacking in the game. There isn't much out there to choose from, unfortunately. Plus, most of it is pretty ugly (mundane).

Once you get to Cooper's Roost at Cool Ranch, the vendors there are better. Crown gear is the best gear a Witch Doctor can get in the game. Don't worry about crown staffy weapons, as you'll be earning L10, L20, L30, etc, weapons through quests as you play the game, and they have the same stats as crown gear.

Be sure to farm or buy gear with damage, will, and resistance. All three would be great, but any combination with two of the stats would work just fine.

I remember in Beta, my Witch Doctor was a L50, but still wearing L35 gear, as that was the best I could get. It worked just fine though!

Hope I helped!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
As I understand it, there are few clothing items that Witchdoctors can wear. Just put it in your Shared Bank for your other Pirates. From what I have read, your experience is pretty normal.

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
thanks everyone. I will probably end up buying the crown gear. i did end up training and i can now wear light armor. this does give me a few more options.