Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Understanding Weapons Stats

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 28, 2010
I have a question about weapons and their hit value.

I currently have equipped the Grande Armee Frostlock which has a hit value from between 56 to 94. The gear I have equipped shows the weapon stat to be 84 to 122. It uses the following:

Agility +11
Shooty Weapons +2
Shooty Weapons +6
Born Warrior +5
Kids Doubloon Patch +3
Livseys Ring +1

My question is, why am I hitting sometimes only in the 60's for damage... Shouldn't I be hitting for a minimum of 84 damage? Is there a glitch in the game that isn't taking the gear into account for hit damage?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
From your stats and equipment, I see a total of +19 damage altogether, added to your minimum of 56 from your shooty weapon. That is about 75. I will say that you sometimes hit in the 60's because of mob's resistance (since I think all shooty weapons are magical in damage).

Remember, it takes 5 agility points to add +1 to your Shooty/Stabby damage.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2011
You need to factor in the enemies armor rating that i where the damage loss is coming from

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
CoopKoda on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:

I currently have equipped the Grande Armee Frostlock which has a hit value from between 56 to 94. The gear I have equipped shows the weapon stat to be 84 to 122. It uses the following:

Agility +11
Shooty Weapons +2
Shooty Weapons +6
Born Warrior +5
Kids Doubloon Patch +3
Livseys Ring +1

My question is, why am I hitting sometimes only in the 60's for damage... Shouldn't I be hitting for a minimum of 84 damage? Is there a glitch in the game that isn't taking the gear into account for hit damage?
This may also depend on the amount of armor protection on the enemy unit you are battling. If they have a significant amount of armor then it may reduce your damage.

Good luck!

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
The target also has modifiers that come into play.

Armor reduces the damage received (somehow - have yet to see any explanation of how precisely it affects damage) as does resistance - though in this case, as a gun, it should be affected by Armor.

Also, KI posts in other threads have indicated that there is also a comparison of stats involved in the damage calculation: That as an agility weapon, if you attack a target with high agility, you will not damage it as badly as if you had attacked an enemy with say, low agility but high strength. KI has not been overly explanatory about how this works. I know there is an ability comparison for powers, so perhaps the other KI posts were trying to refer specifically to powers, not to regular attacks.

Alas, the combat mathematics have been kept relatively hush-hush for some reason. As far as I've been able to tell, attack stat comparison also comes into play for determining chance to hit, not just accuracy and dodge as those stats indicate. But that's just how it seems to me from testing/playing.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Depends on how much resistance or armor the enemy has. This can bring down the effectiveness of your weapon hit (darn!)

Developer
CoopKoda on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:

Agility +11
Shooty Weapons +2
Shooty Weapons +6
Born Warrior +5
Kids Doubloon Patch +3
Livseys Ring +1

The damage value you see on the weapon gives you the usual average, but it does not include anything about the target you shoot at, and there are lots of factors at play:

You can critical hit, but you can also fumble. It's pretty rare, but you'll know a "dud" hit when you see it. (Although they don't have slo-mo cinematics like the critical hits-- although that would be pretty funny. "Ohhhhhh nooooooo, that was horrrrrrrible....")

Sometimes you'll shoot targets that have a high Resistance, but their Resistance roll can be low or high.