Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easter Eggs

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Well, that is interesting. I thought the reference to 'Barleycorn' was more a reference to those jolly 17th C. songs of England such as "John Barleycorn must die" (it is jolly, trust me. Well, sort of...) and "A Little Barleycorn" (definitely jolly)... and because it makes a silly rhyming scheme
Well, even a song such as "John Barleycorn must die" could be a reference to the trial and subsequent pardon of a suspected pirate who happens to have the last name of Barleycorn.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Moo Manchu - Fu Manchu
The Frogfather - the Godfather
Jonah town - the tale of Jonah
treasure of sierra padre (Birgus Latro's promotion) - treasure of Sierra Madre
badges? we don't need no stinking badges - also Sierra Madre
Rooster Cogburn - John Wayne, actor who played that character of the same name
Tyson - either Tyson chicken or Mike Tyson
Sabitini - Rafael Sabitini, author of Captain Blood
Gal with golden gun and her majesty's secret service - James bond movies with Roger Moore
Ol' Fish eye - Adolphus from The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Buster Crab - Buster Crabbe, actor who played Flash Gordon
Lucius Fox - Batman character of the same name.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
gyules8554 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
James Bond is not refered to as M but his boss is so Mycroft Bones is a James Bond easter egg .
Actually, Mycroft bones is inspired by Sherlock Holmes' brother Mycroft. As a matter of fact, Sherlock Bones appeared in Wizard101 during the Marleybone instance while looking for Meowiarty (aka Moriarty).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
Ki-rin might be a reference to Kylo Ren from starwars.
actually Ki-rin is an ancient Asian unicorn.. but maybe the stars wars person was a reference to the kirin?
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Polaris4two on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:
Moo Manchu - Fu Manchu
The Frogfather - the Godfather
Jonah town - the tale of Jonah
treasure of sierra padre (Birgus Latro's promotion) - treasure of Sierra Madre
badges? we don't need no stinking badges - also Sierra Madre
Rooster Cogburn - John Wayne, actor who played that character of the same name
Tyson - either Tyson chicken or Mike Tyson
Sabitini - Rafael Sabitini, author of Captain Blood
Gal with golden gun and her majesty's secret service - James bond movies with Roger Moore
Ol' Fish eye - Adolphus from The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Buster Crab - Buster Crabbe, actor who played Flash Gordon
Lucius Fox - Batman character of the same name.
welcome to the message boards! glad to have you with us :3
stormy jen silver

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
When bonnie Anne says "what an interesting smell they've discovered" in the stomach of Jonah town, it's a reference to the 2003 clone wars in which obi Wan says to Anakin "what an interest in smell you've discovered".

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Pirate101 fan on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
Ki-rin might be a reference to Kylo Ren from starwars.
Nope, the Ki-rin is a reference to the Chinese mythological creature of the same name, also spelt Qilin.
Besides, the Ki-rin of Pirate101 existed long Disney started work on the new Star Wars movie, and I'm pretty sure even before Disney bought out Lucasworks.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
CdeWinter on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Nope, the Ki-rin is a reference to the Chinese mythological creature of the same name, also spelt Qilin.
Besides, the Ki-rin of Pirate101 existed long Disney started work on the new Star Wars movie, and I'm pretty sure even before Disney bought out Lucasworks.
I know that I just thought it was interesting that they had similar names.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Bishop's design is based off the black death plague. If you don't believe me just look up black death on the Internet and go to images and you'll see what I mean.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've been thinking for a bit that Fan Flander's special attack, where she attacks while twirling her swords about an at incredible rate of speed, is possible based on another well known frog. It seems to me, that Fan's fighting style is based a bit off of Kermit the Frog's fencing style from the Muppet's Treasure Island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I've been thinking for a bit that Fan Flander's special attack, where she attacks while twirling her swords about an at incredible rate of speed, is possible based on another well known frog. It seems to me, that Fan's fighting style is based a bit off of Kermit the Frog's fencing style from the Muppet's Treasure Island.
I thought she was copying the Cat pirate?

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
welcome to the message boards! glad to have you with us :3
stormy jen silver
Thank you

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Anyone else get all the old western show references?
Billy the Kid?
Bat matherson- Bat Masterson?
Wild bill?
Duck Holiday- Doc Holiday!
I got such a kick out of that!I thank you Grandpa for making me watch old western shows with you!

And all those Mooshu names.......

Ensign
Aug 15, 2010
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
The gardening quest in florenza makes you eventually go to aquila to fight a TROLL called the GRIEFER.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2010
Peabotz on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Okay, might as well give it a shot.

The quest "Love's Locket Lost".

Nancy McGill.

All I can think about is The Beatles' song "Rocky Raccoon".

Some of the lyrics goes:

"Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil
But everyone knew her as Nancy."

I know the name is slightly different in spelling.
There are so many easter eggs like this in the game. some of them can help us predict what worlds are coming. I hope for a wizard city world :c.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2010
Did anybody get the Chumbawamba reference at the volcano, with the boss Chumba Wumba? They make references to "Tubthumping" when Bonnie Anne says "He gets knocked down, but gets back up again!" Then, Old Scratch says "We're never going to keep him down!" Also, if you beat Chumba Wumba three times, the badge you get is called "Tubthumper.'

Ensign
Jan 14, 2016
lol. The Star Wars reference in Marleybone, when you get to Beachhead. When you get to Beachhead in Marleybone compare the lines that your companions say to what the rebel alliance says when they get to the deathstar.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Port royal = port regal (historically, not, but referring to the movie yeah, it could mean multiple, before I get flamed for assuming this lol)

now if we can just get a jack sparrow companion LOL

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
I died laughing when you go to um somewhere I forget in Valencia and you're in the clockwork armor and the gunny pig is like "aren't you a little short for a clockwork" a deference to "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" I think a unicorn says it two when we are on the library quests to get to lvl 70.

Great minds come from Texas.

Wait do any of our companions say "its a trap!" at any point ....if so MORE STARWARS REFERENCES
and to build on the fangirl geeky-ness I will end it with "I understood that reference!" (good job cap...) and if you got that reference you are in my mind, amazing.

Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
Ninja Phoenix123 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I am sure everyone knows this but I just thought I might say it anyway. All the worlds are based off real countries in real life like Mooshu, Japan some people might say it is China but listening to some companions and characters say Japanese words like Arigato or something like that just gives it away.
Cool Ranch-Old Western times.
Marleybone-London( Big Ben).
Monquista-Spain.
Aquila-Old Greek legends.
Valencia-I don't really remember but if someone told me it would be great.
I believe Valencia is a mix of Italy and Spain. First off, the world is called Valencia which is a place in Spain. The first skyway also houses Seville (or Sevilla) which is also a place in Spain of the same name, Seville. Florence is a place in Italy. Not to mention all those Italian landmarks! And also the crab clans (I laughed so hard at this) are called the Rigatoni and Tortellini clans which are both types of Italian pasta. The third thing is that there is a non unlocked skyway (Valencia part 3 confirmed??) called the Andalusian skyway, and Andalusia is a province in Spain.

Arr, have ye a wonderful time sailing the spiral!

~Nathaniel Lawson

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I thought we should all discuss the variety of clever, and amusing Easter eggs P101! First of all the tale of the monkeys paw is actually a true story by W.W Jacobs. In it an old soldier visits a family to tell them about an enchanted relic called the monkeys paw. It grants 3 people 3 wishes. Another one would be the Magnificent 7. All of them were real outlaws. There was Billy The Kid, who was notorious for stabbing victims in the back while they were unarmed. All the others were real. Lord Nelson was also a real person, a British Admiral! Please feel free to discuss, as I certainly haven't covered them all! Thanks!

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Peabotz on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Okay, might as well give it a shot.

The quest "Love's Locket Lost".

Nancy McGill.

All I can think about is The Beatles' song "Rocky Raccoon".

Some of the lyrics goes:

"Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil
But everyone knew her as Nancy."

I know the name is slightly different in spelling.
Was there any Percy Jackson references in Aquila