Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remove the NPC ships' "tether"

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
Not necessarily. The Fansite Festival is going on right now and an NXP Scrip farming, ship sinking event is being hosted by Frostcaller and Secrets of the Spiral. It is scheduled for Noon Eastern Standard time on this Saturday April 16th.
Occasional events IMO shouldn't be enough to limit scrip for just sinking
1. It's occasional, it doesn't happen much at all
2.If you live in other parts of the world you can't make it to these events
3. Which brings me to my second point when there isn't an event people board ships, I occasionally do it in ship combat, so why not just lower the drop rates for scrip when boarding vs sinking?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Occasional events IMO shouldn't be enough to limit scrip for just sinking
1. It's occasional, it doesn't happen much at all
2.If you live in other parts of the world you can't make it to these events
3. Which brings me to my second point when there isn't an event people board ships, I occasionally do it in ship combat, so why not just lower the drop rates for scrip when boarding vs sinking?
We certainly disagree on this, don't we?

1. Don't wait for events - start your own. Avery's Court in Avery Realm is full of pirates of all levels, asking for people to help them with Regatta or whatever.
2. see 1 above
3. Boarding a ship begins a "regular" battle, why should it reward any Scrip? If it rewarded lower rates there would still be complaints that's it is not good enough.

If a pirate can't sink ships on their own, in any skyway, then they need to look at their ship, its equipment and technique. Even The Kerberos and The Gladiatrix can be sunk solo.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:

1. Don't wait for events - start your own. Avery's Court in Avery Realm is full of pirates of all levels, asking for people to help them with Regatta or whatever.
2. see 1 above
3. Boarding a ship begins a "regular" battle, why should it reward any Scrip? If it rewarded lower rates there would still be complaints that's it is not good enough.

If a pirate can't sink ships on their own, in any skyway, then they need to look at their ship, its equipment and technique. Even The Kerberos and The Gladiatrix can be sunk solo.
1. Tried that, no one wanted to do either regatta or farm the Aquila boss ships
2.Its a lot harder to try and find people when there are less people on than in America.
3.I doubt there would still be complaints if people can still get scrip and do what they want to in ship combat

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
You've never been in a "wolf pack" hunting boss ships, then, so don't judge from your inexperience. When P101 gets that update, you'll be seeing a lot more hunters.
I really love this game. a lot better than wizard. Well for me anyway. Played other games but keep coming back to this one. Feel the love Kingsisle

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
I don't agree that scrip should be awarded for boarding ( its supposed to be a community activity ) but, yes, I wish that the enemy had full health when we boarded or they boarded. It's boring when their health is in the red zone and one gunnery just destroys them.
I board ships with one or two friends sometimes...it is the pirate way see...helping out fellow pirates

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Willowydream on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:

2. see 1 above

Well I certainly disagree...sinking ships is "regular" and a little boring. Now boarding a ship...going over to enemy ship to fight. that is fun. I like it when you get more damage for boarding the enemies ship Now that is piratin Get scrip for sinking...get a little scrip for boarding the other ship. And you can have others board with you. Helping each other out no matter which way a pirate chooses.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
i just circle the ship kinda like

pretend theres a ship
here
and the other ship is here
and i just circle and circle it like this
wall
wall
see?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nitewalker7180 on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Well I certainly disagree...sinking ships is "regular" and a little boring. Now boarding a ship...going over to enemy ship to fight. that is fun. I like it when you get more damage for boarding the enemies ship Now that is piratin Get scrip for sinking...get a little scrip for boarding the other ship. And you can have others board with you. Helping each other out no matter which way a pirate chooses.
Everyone has their preferences - I like either one. If I'm pressed for time, I go with sinking the ship, but that's because at max level ( pirate & nautical ) my ship is very powerful.
Hmmm, I wonder what ship combat will be like in Valencia part 2?

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Everyone has their preferences - I like either one. If I'm pressed for time, I go with sinking the ship, but that's because at max level ( pirate & nautical ) my ship is very powerful.
Hmmm, I wonder what ship combat will be like in Valencia part 2?
you are right it is preference. I do both...I guess just to have the option of just sinking or boarding the enemy ship for a little scrip would be nice. The only way to earn any scrip at all if boarding would have to be to get on the enemy ship before sinking it. I still board with friends and I sink them if that is what we choose to do