Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Scarcity of Humans - Explained!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I don't think humans are rare as much as we haven't found them yet. But since anu.aks replace the rolls of humans in alot of places so humans are really as common as everything else. But what's been on my mind is predator/prey relationships in the spiral. Like gortez is a gorilla and gorillas eat some types of smaller monkeys. Though I'm sure the races would have veganed out or they would be considered cannibals.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Also with everything we've seen and all the enemies we've fought it doesn't suprise me that there are only a few dozen other humans in the known spiral. Remember everything from fighting off sharks on skull island to killer plants in monquistans to the undead that roam everywhere to the monsters in aquila, and it will become clear as to why there are so few of us. The others have established empires which for some reason we have failed to do making us vulnerable.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
I've been enjoying the "speculations" in this post, but many of you haven't taken in account the many adult humans found in Skull Island. Also, there are quite a few younger pirates we meet who aren't orphans:
Blood Shoals - Young Alex who asks us to find the dagger he "borrowed" without his father's permission.
Flotsam - Young Jack Kennit whose uncle sends us to find him.
Jonah Town - Terry Lee, Katherine Flay's cabin boy ( he might be an orphan or he might not, it isn't said ) btw there was an old comic called "Terry & the Pirates" the main character was named Terry Lee, nice easter egg by KI.
Skull Island - ( swashbucklers will remember this one ) Simon Smith ( the guy outside of the Brawlin' Hall ) sends us to find his niece, Penelope.
Well there you go, mates, young pirates who aren't orphans!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
A good place to start is see how our parents die
1.Mutiny, I don't think every human is a captain of a pirate crew bjt kt sure has probably killed some humans
2.Sky Squid, who knows what tragedy happened here, numerous humans could have died fighting for their lives
3.Armada, Although not every human was a pirate captain I think it's safe to say that alot more humans are pirates thus dying by the armada's hand in their attempt to make piracy extinct
4.It sounds like it's happened alot in the spiral but I wouldn't call it the cause of alot of human deaths
5.Storm, it doesn't seem like it's happened alot in the spiral but once again, I doubt alot of humans have died this way

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I actually now think that there weren't that many of us to begin with. Wizard101 says that the humans came from a world that doesn't believe in magic and it's not skull island because we have witchdoctors there so the wizards and some pirates (of course some humans have to be born in the spiral by natural causes and not be cast off to the spiral) came from Earth and I have evidence to support this by stating that there is an unlabeled world with no passages connected to it (or on any orbit)in between darkmoor, aquila, and krokotopia. I think this may be earth because we don't have interdimensional tunnels connected to worlds ruled by humanoid animals.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Pirate101 fan on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
I actually now think that there weren't that many of us to begin with. Wizard101 says that the humans came from a world that doesn't believe in magic and it's not skull island because we have witchdoctors there so the wizards and some pirates (of course some humans have to be born in the spiral by natural causes and not be cast off to the spiral) came from Earth and I have evidence to support this by stating that there is an unlabeled world with no passages connected to it (or on any orbit)in between darkmoor, aquila, and krokotopia. I think this may be earth because we don't have interdimensional tunnels connected to worlds ruled by humanoid animals.
This is exactly what I was referring to my earlier post. That humans in the Spiral are like the Telmarines in CS Lewis' Narnia.
Humans are not native to the Spiral, but are pulled through individually or in small groups from Earth. The humans that are pulled through are then stuck in the Spiral and so end up living on Spiral worlds, eventually giving rise to human families that don't even know the Earth exists. The rarity of humans in the Spiral could simply be due to such a low population and complete lack of a human home world.

(But again, I do hope that we find a human home world, even the Telmarines in Narnia had their own country, Telmar, before invading the country of Narnia.)