Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Cosmetics

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 16, 2013
1)This is a rehash of an older idea I've found from Itsamemar104. I'm really craving a new hairstyle, and I'd like to be able to change it up whenever I'd like. The wigs I've found so far aren't really usable in my opinion for a character who just wants a regular new hairstyle; nothing extravagant or goofy. So I'd like to give my vote of suggestion to having a Hairdresser vender.

2a)Also, I like that accessories have been added since I've last played, but I'd like to see more variety in the options. I know we have the main pirate theme, but I don't think that means everything has to be simple earrings and eyepatches. We're pirates! We should have lots of jewels and gems to show off from our conquests. I mean we're in the business of treasure, right? I'm very aesthetic naturally as an artist and designer, which is one of the reasons I love this game (the art and world design is beautiful!), and I'd like to see more development in the variety of cosmetic choices for our pirates. And 2b) To tie into that, sometimes I feel the overall design of much of the clothing feels very male-oriented. With my poor choice in hairstyle and many of the outfits I use to boost stats, I feel that my girl character looks very male. There's nothing wrong with a tomboyish style, and I know there are some definite feminine outfits, but I wish that there were more options in the feminine arena :).

Thanks guys

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
bri932003 on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
1)This is a rehash of an older idea I've found from Itsamemar104. I'm really craving a new hairstyle, and I'd like to be able to change it up whenever I'd like. The wigs I've found so far aren't really usable in my opinion for a character who just wants a regular new hairstyle; nothing extravagant or goofy. So I'd like to give my vote of suggestion to having a Hairdresser vender.

2a)Also, I like that accessories have been added since I've last played, but I'd like to see more variety in the options. I know we have the main pirate theme, but I don't think that means everything has to be simple earrings and eyepatches. We're pirates! We should have lots of jewels and gems to show off from our conquests. I mean we're in the business of treasure, right? I'm very aesthetic naturally as an artist and designer, which is one of the reasons I love this game (the art and world design is beautiful!), and I'd like to see more development in the variety of cosmetic choices for our pirates. And 2b) To tie into that, sometimes I feel the overall design of much of the clothing feels very male-oriented. With my poor choice in hairstyle and many of the outfits I use to boost stats, I feel that my girl character looks very male. There's nothing wrong with a tomboyish style, and I know there are some definite feminine outfits, but I wish that there were more options in the feminine arena :).

Thanks guys
I agree with your statement that new hair styles could be a good way to get players to use their favorite hair styles and show off their best creations to their friends.

I think your second point about gems Is a cool idea too. I don't see why Wizard101 has the use of gems and it was too complicated for me too understand and that was mainly why I quit wizard101 when pirate101 came out because it was getting too complicated. If KI can elaborate on this idea of yours and make it more simplex than wizard did, I think it could be a great thing to add into the live game

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
But which one of us do you "like?".................

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would like to see more "girly" options, I'm tired of seeing most of my pirates look like boys ( especially my Privy; who is wearing Rooke's complete outfit, cover her face and hair and she is indistinguishable from a boy in the same outfit. )
A simple gown like Mustang Sally's surely would be simple to add, and may I suggest better wigs that don't make us look like a hedgehog or an escapee from a punk band? Since W101 has some very attractive wigs, why not make use of those?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
I would like to see more "girly" options, I'm tired of seeing most of my pirates look like boys ( especially my Privy; who is wearing Rooke's complete outfit, cover her face and hair and she is indistinguishable from a boy in the same outfit. )
A simple gown like Mustang Sally's surely would be simple to add, and may I suggest better wigs that don't make us look like a hedgehog or an escapee from a punk band? Since W101 has some very attractive wigs, why not make use of those?
What happened to but.... "Buccaneers need to look tough......?" I made the comment she looked lovely. Ya love it and ya know it!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
I agree! Wigs would be an amazing thing.

I also agree with the more female like clothes. Especially Buccaneers and Privateers. I have the moo manchu items on my pirates - and my buccaneers look like they're male... you can't even see hair on some of the clothes. I don't stitch (I can't afford crowns) so I can't make them more feminine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
What happened to but.... "Buccaneers need to look tough......?" I made the comment she looked lovely. Ya love it and ya know it!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
That wig ( The Interloper ) doesn't suit everyone, you must admit it would be completely wrong for Esperanza, though its good on Bess. I just want some more choices.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fragmentedheart on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
I agree! Wigs would be an amazing thing.

I also agree with the more female like clothes. Especially Buccaneers and Privateers. I have the moo manchu items on my pirates - and my buccaneers look like they're male... you can't even see hair on some of the clothes. I don't stitch (I can't afford crowns) so I can't make them more feminine.
For stitching purposes, I always use KingsIsle trivia games; go to the top menu bar under SHOP and click on "earn crowns" . Complete 10 quizzes and earn up to 100 crowns every day!

Ensign
Nov 16, 2013
Unfair Angel on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
I agree with your statement that new hair styles could be a good way to get players to use their favorite hair styles and show off their best creations to their friends.

I think your second point about gems Is a cool idea too. I don't see why Wizard101 has the use of gems and it was too complicated for me too understand and that was mainly why I quit wizard101 when pirate101 came out because it was getting too complicated. If KI can elaborate on this idea of yours and make it more simplex than wizard did, I think it could be a great thing to add into the live game
Thanks for the response Angel! I've never played W101 so I'm not sure how gems work in that game but I agree that cosmetic options don't need a whole system or grand meaning behind them; just something to liven up the game and grant more incentive to players who enjoy both battles and designing their characters :).

Ensign
Nov 16, 2013
Yes, I agree totally! I find myself admiring the outfits of female characters, especially Bonnie Anne. Though, this topic has made me notice that there aren't too many pirate female characters to even point out..but I have seen three new characters since playing last year and they are all girls! So good effort to KI on that aspect (although as a musketeer lvl 54 I still only have 3 female characters in my ranks).

But I digress: I think adding new choices for hair and clothing could bring an exciting and fresh change to the game, not only for the female demographic, but for everyone! As we know, there are many different types of players. On the side: Some people like decorating their houses, some are for PVP, some are for farming, some are for pets, some are for all those and more, but there also exists the consumer who likes customizing their pirates and need more options to do so (especially more female-oriented ones)!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
That wig ( The Interloper ) doesn't suit everyone, you must admit it would be completely wrong for Esperanza, though its good on Bess. I just want some more choices.
It is good on Bess.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i must agree with everyone here.. if we had more choices it would be more fun..
i personally love mustang sally's dress and would combo that with some nice wiz MB styled heels and the halo wig or "Frozen" style wig from wiz crown shop..not for every day certainly but even sometimes i would like to dress up with the holidays coming soon as well holiday house parties and such..
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
I would definitely enjoy the use of new hair styles. The hairstyle I chose is getting a bit old, and switching it up wouldn't hurt. I think most players would like more chances to customize their pirate, without making a new character.

Fair Sailing.