Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bundle Companions: Which Is Best?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Contrary to the title, I'm not asking for which Companion is the absolute, indisputable best that cannot be refuted, I'm asking which of the available Bundle Companions is the best to get at the moment? I have the Sagittarius and just got the Monkey, since those were the ONLY two I could find videos on showing their current stats and Powers, but what about the Cutthroat and Dog companions in the other two bundles? Are they worth it or no?

P.S: I so regret not buying that Boochbeard bundle back in the day

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
I ask this from a PvP point of view, by the way, since that's all I'll be able to do here shortly.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Nausica is definitely the best, and I think Hoodoo Cornelius is second best because of his reckless frenzy thing. The companions from the other bundles aren't really special, they just get 1 critical card each and nothing unique.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Nausica from the Empire Bundle. Hands and hooks down one of the best companies in the game. Incredible for PVE and PVP. Hope this helps!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Awesome, so I got the ones that count. Glad to hear the other Bundles aren't really worth it, thanks a bunch for the feedback! Time to finish up and hit the cap so I can redeem her over the cap lol

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
The Best Bundle Companions are this order from best to um okay 1.Cat pirate 2.Nausica,3.Hoodoo Cornelius, 4.Cutthorat and 5.Bull Dog pirate.

Here some Honrable Bundle Companions

1. Red Coat from MB

2. Tiger Shark from SI

3. Banditoad from CR

4. Ophidian Swords Snake from Aq

5. Raven Witchdoctor from Winter Tusk

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
To be honest, Nausica is the only Companion from the Bundles that is any "good", let alone "best". She possesses a whopping four powers, all of them involving moving and attacking, something most Musketeer Companions are incapable of. Centaur's Charge allows her to run alongside your Goronado, Peter Quint, Barnabus, or Buccaneer Captain as they use their own Charge Powers on an enemy, rather than run to catch up like most others.

Hoodoo Cornelius, like most other Witchdoctor Companions, has low Accuracy, low Health, and no Armor. Normally this would make him unviable, but a Privateer Captain has buffs that can fix all of these problems. He deserves an honorable mention, because it's far better to be unique, than to be bland and just-passable. Cat Pirate, Handsome Dan, and the Cutthroat Pirate are all mediocre Companions that don't offer anything out of the ordinary. Even the likes of Batacuda and Dead Mike have something to set them apart from the masses (being a flying Beast for the former, being Undead for the latter).

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I think you should save your money since Nausica and Hoodoo Cornelius are the best bundle companions, end of discussion.
I advise you spend it on crowns since the other companions don't even Compare to Nausica and Hoodoo Cornelius.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Handsome Dan deserves a mention too. He's one of the few companions that can learn repel boarder 3 and relentless (at least rank 2), he also has rouse.

@Monkrink: Care to elaborate your honorable bundle companions? Never heard of those.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Silver Angel on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
Handsome Dan deserves a mention too. He's one of the few companions that can learn repel boarder 3 and relentless (at least rank 2), he also has rouse.

@Monkrink: Care to elaborate your honorable bundle companions? Never heard of those.
Yes Handsome Dan is his name he comes with a Rouse power and can critical quite a lot.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Only bundles worth buying are the Empire Bundle and Admiral Bundle.

Empire for the sweet Nausica Companion (Has and pretty much will stay a lvl 65 staple vs Muskets)
+Hat&Boots are good pick ups

Admiral Bundle for the Robe, it's a sick robe if you're a Buccaneer or a Privateer wanting some more defense options that isn't just a fort (Sometimes having a 2nd shield is a lot more helpful)