Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Of course for after fairly big storyline update...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I was literally just thinking (like a second ago) that what if we could get little outfits and/or little collars, etc. for our pets and/or mounts?! I think it would make them soooo much cuter than they already are (if that's even possible )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
I was literally just thinking (like a second ago) that what if we could get little outfits and/or little collars, etc. for our pets and/or mounts?! I think it would make them soooo much cuter than they already are (if that's even possible )
NOOOOoooo! No and no again! One of my worse peeves is seeing pet owners "dress up" their pets in stupid, "cutesy" outfits! Pets are animals, not people and certainly not dolls! ( I'm not including those who add a coat for cold weather when taking a pet outside. )
Imagine trying to design an outfit for any of our pets in this game - and the animation required to keep those accessories on the animal while its performing its attack animations! Not to mention the coding necessary.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
NOOOOoooo! No and no again! One of my worse peeves is seeing pet owners "dress up" their pets in stupid, "cutesy" outfits! Pets are animals, not people and certainly not dolls! ( I'm not including those who add a coat for cold weather when taking a pet outside. )
Imagine trying to design an outfit for any of our pets in this game - and the animation required to keep those accessories on the animal while its performing its attack animations! Not to mention the coding necessary.
XD I see this all the time in the snobby, rich neighborhood near me. I don't like the idea either, but I wouldn't mind having little collars for my little critters.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
fine...x scoffs x I guess I can see why some people wouldn't like that.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Did you just say that pets are not people? Would you like to say that in front of my cat? (i dont dress him up i just love him more than my family and friends) (and no we're just friends)

btw sorry kiley i agree with the rest of what *anecorbie said

*anecorbie - yeah i'm not friends with you in-game i've only seen you like 3 times so idk if i'm supposed to say esperanza or the names of your other pirates that i forgot

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Did you just say that pets are not people? Would you like to say that in front of my cat? (i dont dress him up i just love him more than my family and friends) (and no we're just friends)

btw sorry kiley i agree with the rest of what *anecorbie said

*anecorbie - yeah i'm not friends with you in-game i've only seen you like 3 times so idk if i'm supposed to say esperanza or the names of your other pirates that i forgot
My opinion is that pets are better than people ( why would they want to be one of us ). BTW, I'm sure your cat ( or any cat ) believes he is vastly superior to us primates .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
fine...x scoffs x I guess I can see why some people wouldn't like that.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. This just irritates me to see these poor, suffering animals. And you can tell they're not happy by how they walk and use their tails.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of using pets as dolls, although I can see how that might appeal to some people. anecorbie has already mentioned some of the big issues with coding. You'd also need to make the clothes dye-able so they'd match the various pirate outfits. Collars I can almost see; it's just one thing, doesn't need any particular changes to the animation of the pet (well, unless the collars are huge, I guess). I'm thinking this is a ton of work for relatively little pay-off for either KI or the players.

If they do give us collars, they'd better darned well add a leash so I can keep my pet close to me during a battle unless I decide to let if off the lead.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
On a slightly similar note. Can we make it so Nausica is both a mount and companion! :D she would be one of the most epic mounts in the game! :D and you dont even have to design anything new.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
On a slightly similar note. Can we make it so Nausica is both a mount and companion! :D she would be one of the most epic mounts in the game! :D and you dont even have to design anything new.
I don't think Nausica would like that; it would only make a common "horse".

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here is a question or two,

How will we put a leash on an undead pet ?

That's kind of awkward, since these are once living things.

How could we cuddle the Cthulhu, if that become a pet someday ?

That's one pet not to mess with.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
I don't think Nausica would like that; it would only make a common "horse".
Lol well now your going into Centaur lore. And there are instances where they allow it. The harry potter ones feel as you suggested but even then Firenze allowed. As well as Chiron and from greek mythology who made the exception from time to time. And who's to say Nausica isn't on that level of friendly terms with her captain. :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Lol well now your going into Centaur lore. And there are instances where they allow it. The harry potter ones feel as you suggested but even then Firenze allowed. As well as Chiron and from greek mythology who made the exception from time to time. And who's to say Nausica isn't on that level of friendly terms with her captain. :D
But not as an everyday thing, those occasions were 'special', Harry was in danger in the Forbidden Forest and need to leave the area fast. As you pointed out Chiron was making an exception.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
I'd rather see better dye options for mounts and pets. Are there any dyable pets, anyway? I don't know... I haven't been on in a while. I've also not got every single hybrid or as many as I do on my W101 characters. I've lost count or forgotten how many I have in W101, but in P101 I remember that I only have 1 hybrid that I was trying to get a better (If not higher) pedigree than before.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
How about instead of Nausica, it's either a male centaur or a female centaur with Nausica's last promotion's coding, and graphics?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
you worded this topic as "of course after a big storyline update"..makes me wonder if you are scared to share your ideas thinking people gonna immediately shout book 15 on it? O.o
people should NEVER feel like their ideas would be "only cool if.." >.<
c'mon pirates POSTING is what lets the developers know what else you want to see happen..some stuff is easier for the side coders to create..pretty sure the "world or book 15" coders are in there own little area whereas their might be other areas for the housing requests, pet requests, power requests, neat stuff etc.. too many chefs will ruin the soup as they say, coding is delicate therefore easier to accomplish perfectly if broken up in groups in my opinion, anyways...
soooo.. if ya have a neat idea.. post it! don't be shy or feel you need to pre-adjust people's dispositions on it.
stormy jen silver
p.s. I think having a dyeable flag/saddle on a mount is a cute idea..and if a pet is maxed being allowed to add a pretty thing to their person be cute as well :) easiest area on a pet though might be its feet :/ sooo mittens on an octopus? or boots on a kitty? XD lol every other area on most pets is taken up, depending on the pet, but keep posting your ideas! creativity should always be encouraged!