Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Rat Pack gauntlet dungeon idea

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Those of you that know me know that I love the Rat Pack. And since KI is awesome, they added the Rat Pack into the game. I was thinking to myself once, "What if we could fight the Rat Pack again?" So here's my idea:

When the player reaches level 80 and has completed the Rat Pack side quest, they get a Tutorial tip from the Frogfather and a quest called 'Ol' blue eyes is back!'

Frogfather: Pirate, come see me in Gullet. I've a job for you, one which you will be rewarded handsomely for. Don't keep me waiting.

The Frogfather tells you that we underestimated the Rat Pack, and now they're making moves to get revenge on you. He tells you to infiltrate their hideout in Scrimshaw and make them and offer they can't refuse. The hideout is a gauntlet dungeon and here are the battles:

Floor 1: Defeat Bogart's Boggarts. A little play on words based on Humphrey Bogart and Boggarts form Harry Potter. They look like Ebon Specters.

Floor 2:
Defeat Humphrey Bogart w/ his Boggart henchmen

Floor 3:
Defeat Joey Bishop. The same Wharf rat squirt we see in the Rat Pack side quests w/ Wharf rat henchmen

Floor 4:
Defeat Bandoleros! (Reference to a western movie starring Dean Martin and Jimmy Stewart) They look like mustang Gauchos from CR.

Floor 5:
Yum floor

Floor 6:
Defeat Martin Dean w/ Bandolero henchmen

Floor 7:
Defeat Peter Lawford( Wharf Rat that looks like Milo Greytail after last promo) w/ wharf rat henchmen

Floor 8:
Defeat Bo Jangles (Crab Hermit, this fight is only one enemy with a lot of health, like Disklos. Reference to one of Sammy Davis Jr.'s signature songs.)

Floor 9:
Defeat Sammy Davis w/ normal crab hermit henchmen

Floor 10:
Defeat Humphrey Bogart, Joey Bishop, Martin Dean, Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis, and Frankie Blue Eyes. ( Maybe Frankie could say "You Dirty Rat!" in his famous Jimmy Cagney voice when you meet him)

Badge ideas for completing the dungeon a certain amount of times:
  • Best of the Best
  • King of the Road
  • Ocean's Twelfth?(going with the nef. 6th badge theme)
  • The 8th Hood?
Got any questions/comments? I'm not good at explaining my ideas so if you don't understand something, let me know and I'll elaborate.

I think it would be really cool if KI could implement this, or something that would bring the Pack back into the game at least for a while.

~Fearless Finnigan

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Fearless Finnagan on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Those of you that know me know that I love the Rat Pack. And since KI is awesome, they added the Rat Pack into the game. I was thinking to myself once, "What if we could fight the Rat Pack again?" So here's my idea:

When the player reaches level 80 and has completed the Rat Pack side quest, they get a Tutorial tip from the Frogfather and a quest called 'Ol' blue eyes is back!'

Frogfather: Pirate, come see me in Gullet. I've a job for you, one which you will be rewarded handsomely for. Don't keep me waiting.

The Frogfather tells you that we underestimated the Rat Pack, and now they're making moves to get revenge on you. He tells you to infiltrate their hideout in Scrimshaw and make them and offer they can't refuse. The hideout is a gauntlet dungeon and here are the battles:

Floor 1: Defeat Bogart's Boggarts. A little play on words based on Humphrey Bogart and Boggarts form Harry Potter. They look like Ebon Specters.

Floor 2:

Floor 3:
Defeat Joey Bishop. The same Wharf rat squirt we see in the Rat Pack side quests w/ Wharf rat henchmen

Floor 4:
Defeat Bandoleros! (Reference to a western movie starring Dean Martin and Jimmy Stewart) They look like mustang Gauchos from CR.

Floor 5:
Yum floor

Floor 6:

Floor 7:
Defeat Peter Lawford( Wharf Rat that looks like Milo Greytail after last promo) w/ wharf rat henchmen

Floor 8:
Defeat Bo Jangles (Crab Hermit, this fight is only one enemy with a lot of health, like Disklos. Reference to one of Sammy Davis Jr.'s signature songs.)

Floor 9:

Floor 10:
Defeat Humphrey Bogart, Joey Bishop, Martin Dean, Peter Lawford, Sammy Davis, and Frankie Blue Eyes. ( Maybe Frankie could say "You Dirty Rat!" in his famous Jimmy Cagney voice when you meet him)

• Best of the Best
  • King of the Road
  • The 8th Hood?
Got any questions/comments? I'm not good at explaining my ideas so if you don't understand something, let me know and I'll elaborate.

I think it would be really cool if KI could implement this, or something that would bring the Pack back into the game at least for a while.

~Fearless Finnigan
Muahaha no one has Yarr'd your post!
(welcome to my world )

Um yeah good idea 'n' stuff
Sounds fun, minus the fact that I hate skull island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Floor 2:

Floor 3:

Floor 4:

Floor 5:
Yum floor

Floor 6:

Floor 7:

Floor 8:

Floor 9:

Floor 10:

• Best of the Best
  • King of the Road
  • The 8th Hood?

~Fearless Finnigan
Oh my goodness, Finnigan, maybe you should see a shrink over your Rat Pack obsession? I've been hoping we would meet the Rat Pack again. I don't believe we've completely defeated them and as you point out there were other members of the real Pack that aren't represented in the game ( beyond the obvious, core group. )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Oh my goodness, Finnigan, maybe you should see a shrink over your Rat Pack obsession? I've been hoping we would meet the Rat Pack again. I don't believe we've completely defeated them and as you point out there were other members of the real Pack that aren't represented in the game ( beyond the obvious, core group. )
Never in a million years would I shrink my Rat Pack obsession. I really really really really really really really(Do you think I have enough really's?) want to see the Pack again sometime soon. AND I have no doubt that Book 15 will be out before the end of the year. Just in time for Frank's would be 100th birthday in December.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Muahaha no one has Yarr'd your post!
(welcome to my world )

Um yeah good idea 'n' stuff
Sounds fun, minus the fact that I hate skull island.
XD nvm... now that Esperanza and Valkoor have Yarr'd it I will too.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
XD nvm... now that Esperanza and Valkoor have Yarr'd it I will too.
As much as I thank you guys for all the yarr's I've received, I really don't think they matter. If you have little yar's, you're awesome. If you have lots of yar's, you're still awesome. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Still, yar's reaffirm your self esteem. Should they? Probably not. Do they? Yes. Lucas, though I haven't known you for very long(since June I think) you come across as a person of integrity and high will.(See what I did there? You're a witch doctor! High will? Get it? No?) I've never seen I post that I didn't like or get a good laugh out of by you.

I believe what really matters is whether you're happy with yourself or not and sometimes, not always, the responses you get. This community is awesome in that they are so astute and so nice.

And, if you want more yar's for the sake of more yar's, make a parody, that always seems to work (jk, jk, jk)

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012

Floor 2:

Floor 3:

Floor 4:

Floor 5:
Yum floor

Floor 6:

Floor 7:

Floor 8:

Floor 9:

Floor 10:

• Best of the Best
  • King of the Road
  • The 8th Hood?

~Fearless Finnigan
Come to think of it, I think Handsome Devils is a better name for Bogart's henchmen.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Fearless Finnagan on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
As much as I thank you guys for all the yarr's I've received, I really don't think they matter. If you have little yar's, you're awesome. If you have lots of yar's, you're still awesome. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Still, yar's reaffirm your self esteem. Should they? Probably not. Do they? Yes. Lucas, though I haven't known you for very long(since June I think) you come across as a person of integrity and high will.(See what I did there? You're a witch doctor! High will? Get it? No?) I've never seen I post that I didn't like or get a good laugh out of by you.

I believe what really matters is whether you're happy with yourself or not and sometimes, not always, the responses you get. This community is awesome in that they are so astute and so nice.

And, if you want more yar's for the sake of more yar's, make a parody, that always seems to work (jk, jk, jk)
Yars are EVERYTHING.

( no yars below )

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Fearless Finnagan on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:

Oh also that reminds me I was going to make a Wrecking Ball parody one time, it was going to be about Ranked PvP; which classes are OP and which classes are called Privateer.

I gave up though, too many tabs open for too long, my computer couldn't handle it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey Finn. Just stopping in to say that I enjoyed your Rat Pack Gauntlet, idea. The world and the Spiral could always use a little more packs of rats, I'd say! Ooh, that's a fantastic idea! Rat Pack trading cards! Something like Rat-emon or since rats like garbage-- maybe Garbage Croon Kids. No....just simply The Rat Pack would be perfect and a nice kind of pun too!

There could be trading cards featuring performance pics and Bios from Humphrey, Sammy, Dean, Frank, Peter and Joey with funny and neat info/stats on them! Maybe even with some rare cards featuring some of the original 'Holmby Hills Pack', the 60's crew and some of the 'guest members', like Mickey, Cesar, Jerry, Errol and Nat! Oooh, maybe even a stick of rat-flavored gum in every pack!.....uh, on second thought...

Well, just wanted to stop in and say...pretty neat idea, Finn!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Hey Finn. Just stopping in to say that I enjoyed your Rat Pack Gauntlet, idea. The world and the Spiral could always use a little more packs of rats, I'd say! Ooh, that's a fantastic idea! Rat Pack trading cards! Something like Rat-emon or since rats like garbage-- maybe Garbage Croon Kids. No....just simply The Rat Pack would be perfect and a nice kind of pun too!

There could be trading cards featuring performance pics and Bios from Humphrey, Sammy, Dean, Frank, Peter and Joey with funny and neat info/stats on them! Maybe even with some rare cards featuring some of the original 'Holmby Hills Pack', the 60's crew and some of the 'guest members', like Mickey, Cesar, Jerry, Errol and Nat! Oooh, maybe even a stick of rat-flavored gum in every pack!.....uh, on second thought...

Well, just wanted to stop in and say...pretty neat idea, Finn!
Valkoor, let me give you a bit of back story.

In December (I think that's when it was) I got the Empire Bundle. I had taken a 3 month break from the game and decided to come back. I explored the website that I had never payed much attention to and stumbled across the Message Boards. I read all the threads on the 'Hottest Topics' section so much I almost memorized a lot of it. I loved the intelligence combined with goofiness that made the perfect mixture of awesome. Most of all, I very much enjoyed the unrivaled goofiness that is Valkoor the Victorious. In short, you're the one who caused me to join the marauders and I thank you sooooooooooo much. You don't know what it means to me when you compliment me.

Thank you so much,
Fearless Finnigan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fearless Finnagan on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor, let me give you a bit of back story.

In December (I think that's when it was) I got the Empire Bundle. I had taken a 3 month break from the game and decided to come back. I explored the website that I had never payed much attention to and stumbled across the Message Boards. I read all the threads on the 'Hottest Topics' section so much I almost memorized a lot of it. I loved the intelligence combined with goofiness that made the perfect mixture of awesome. Most of all, I very much enjoyed the unrivaled goofiness that is Valkoor the Victorious. In short, you're the one who caused me to join the marauders and I thank you sooooooooooo much. You don't know what it means to me when you compliment me.

Thank you so much,
Fearless Finnigan
My pleasure Finn, just keep doing what you're doing & I'm sure you'll receive many compliments throughout your life...& surely not just from this ol' nutball here. I've enjoyed reading your ideas & the thought/care that you put into presenting them. For as long as I have been a member of these boards, I have always enjoyed reading other posters' ideas. The beauty of sharing in someone else's creativity, is that even if you don't necessarily go along with the idea or don't see it happening, you can still surely be impressed by the creativity that someone took the time to put into it, in order to share it with fellow players, pirates, marauders & friends.

One thing that I have learned in my time spent here on this Massive Orb of Mankind (oh look, 'hi M.O.M.'), is that not everyone is going to (or should, for that matter) appreciate all of your ideas, but that doesn't mean that they should overlook your efforts. It's easy to dismiss ideas that don't interest you, but thought & creativity should never go unnoticed.

When I first came across all of the 'Rat Pack' references in the game, I thought...'man, this is so cool!'. In a supposed, younger generation's game, someone took the time & had the creativity to include the old farts too!' I love that about this game-- the developers used their own creative efforts to make this a game fun for all ages, makes & models-- how freakin' cool, is that? And it works too- seeing as how someone my age, those older than me & then even someone your age have all received enjoyment out of the 'Rat Pack' references...along with all of the other, countless references/nods/Easter Eggs out there in the Spiral.

So, your creative idea was a product of someone else's creativity & all of it led to my own, entirely goofy, creativity. Gotta love that! So Finn, keep the creative juices & ideas flowing & just know that for every person out there that 'doesn't get it' there will be some that do & those that surely 'appreciate it'.