Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fog should be x8 damage and 10 turns

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Call me all the names you want this is a thought that needs to be heard (title is a joke)! Ever since the tower update everyone has been spamming, fog too op, buckler too op, fog too op, way too much damage, fog too op, ugh super assassin, fog too op darn noob bucklers, UGH levy pierced by bleed, etc. THE WORST PART this is still going on even with all the changes. BUCKLER IS NOT THE TOP DOG ATM so stop all this yapping about buckler has advantage over every class. Atm the real predator is buck but this forum isn't about that. First of all "A heavy damage class" wow really? Our hides are available to everyone its been a really long time since I've seen a buck with out hide boots hide ring assassin patch assassin suit, really peoples this is just WOW! Buckler's walk in darkness is so easy to obtain to all classes and frankly its our only defense other than shields that's not even our own. And all this stuff about critical assassin strikes that's long gone for buckler now no shadow dance stack means the most bonus we can get with out using a buff from another class is +15% compared to one whale might on buck equaling +25% PLUS +20% damage not to mention that a whale might is team effect and is available defensively but really all classes can get this effect witch's juju, musket sky, privy speeches, but buckler gets no prime buffs of all classes. But frankly buckler aren't about chains we are about single loaded heavy damage that is suppose to make you cry if properly prepared, but again buckler have to sacrifice slots for defense because in no way can hides replace shields. But really buckler are so suppose to be weak at defense the real problem is they can't offend enough too get by properly. Frankly a buckler is just a weak buck with fog and a curse. Atm buckler average damage will range from 300-325 AVERAGE this leaves a plain assassin at 900-975 a buck at tide will have damage of 375 PLUS 20% whale might= 450+ plus one of our hides x. x which almost every buck uses and wow base damage of 825 to a bucklers 620 in hide wow 2400 base hidden assassin compared to 1860 that points something out seriously that's difference between a one shot no critical and a just below half! And yes the buck did buff lets say the buckler also used grand shadow dance that still leaves the buck with +25% to +155 then the buck gets follow through relentless blade storm relentless relentless wow that just was a total 4000 damage! ( not mentioning vengeance X. x) and buckler have so few epics not to mention 0 passive I feel like either rough needs to be improved to total +30 or 40 damage or WE NEED TIDE we are the heavy damage class not some tank class wow a talent designed for better damage given to defensive class? If buck get it so should buckler, and if not then we need our own passive talent +25% outcoming magic and weapon power? Really WE NEED A BETTER ROUGH there are so many things that kick buckler down I don't have space to wright XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
Call me all the names you want this is a thought that needs to be heard (title is a joke)! Ever since the tower update everyone has been spamming, fog too op, buckler too op, fog too op, way too much damage, fog too op, ugh super assassin, fog too op darn noob bucklers, UGH levy pierced by bleed, etc. THE WORST PART this is still going on even with all the changes. BUCKLER IS NOT THE TOP DOG ATM so stop all this yapping about buckler has advantage over every class. Atm the real predator is buck but this forum isn't about that. First of all "A heavy damage class" wow really? Our hides are available to everyone its been a really long time since I've seen a buck with out hide boots hide ring assassin patch assassin suit, really peoples this is just WOW! Buckler's walk in darkness is so easy to obtain to all classes and frankly its our only defense other than shields that's not even our own. And all this stuff about critical assassin strikes that's long gone for buckler now no shadow dance stack means the most bonus we can get with out using a buff from another class is +15% compared to one whale might on buck equaling +25% PLUS +20% damage not to mention that a whale might is team effect and is available defensively but really all classes can get this effect witch's juju, musket sky, privy speeches, but buckler gets no prime buffs of all classes. But frankly buckler aren't about chains we are about single loaded heavy damage that is suppose to make you cry if properly prepared, but again buckler have to sacrifice slots for defense because in no way can hides replace shields. But really buckler are so suppose to be weak at defense the real problem is they can't offend enough too get by properly. Frankly a buckler is just a weak buck with fog and a curse. Atm buckler average damage will range from 300-325 AVERAGE this leaves a plain assassin at 900-975 a buck at tide will have damage of 375 PLUS 20% whale might= 450+ plus one of our hides x. x which almost every buck uses and wow base damage of 825 to a bucklers 620 in hide wow 2400 base hidden assassin compared to 1860 that points something out seriously that's difference between a one shot no critical and a just below half! And yes the buck did buff lets say the buckler also used grand shadow dance that still leaves the buck with +25% to +155 then the buck gets follow through relentless blade storm relentless relentless wow that just was a total 4000 damage! ( not mentioning vengeance X. x) and buckler have so few epics not to mention 0 passive I feel like either rough needs to be improved to total +30 or 40 damage or WE NEED TIDE we are the heavy damage class not some tank class wow a talent designed for better damage given to defensive class? If buck get it so should buckler, and if not then we need our own passive talent +25% outcoming magic and weapon power? Really WE NEED A BETTER ROUGH there are so many things that kick buckler down I don't have space to wright XD
I wish your title was serious . This explains the strange phenom I've been experiencing in rank PVP - that of the wanna-be buck, who is really a buckler. I've even started to use the Dragon Axe ( and I HATE axes ). I've had a buckler BRUTAL charge me! ( Didn't help him one bit, even with that squid thingy strength buff ).
If you want Tide there are pets that grant this talent.
BTW it would be easier to read your post if you broke it up into paragraphs.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
First of all, aren't you a champion? Why do you think bucklers are underpowered if there are so many buckler Champs? I know buccaneers are stronger right now but it's a close second between musketeers and you guys.

It sounds like you're getting beat by strength. I would recommend getting a pet with shark's fury. If you use the moo robe you get more strength as well, and there are other ways to increase strength.

In the same way, you can get 25% critical chance from agility if you use fan or an item slot or pet grant. Along with grand shadowdance that's a 40% critical chance! That makes hidden assassin strikes almost half likely to go critical, which even against a shielded opponent is hurtful with critical bleeding.

If you're tired of being hit by bucc epics, try getting more dodge stats. At around 170 dodge without elusive three riposte starts getting real dangerous. I see a lot of bucklers in the hall with less than 150 dodge and it breaks my heart...

In the same way that we can gain walk in darkness, you can get even more valors gear to cancel out the hidden effect. A bucc also can't hit you with a hidden assassin strike unless you were stunned the previous turn.

I agree that the tough talents are a joke tough 1 I literally laughed at. It should be more like 5, 8, 10. Other than that though bucklers are still pretty powerful. They don't have turn the tide but they do have alert which makes them good against musketeers. Poison still is very effective, and if somebody actually used 200 dodge gear with gallant defense, they might actually have something...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bluba4 on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
First of all, aren't you a champion? Why do you think bucklers are underpowered if there are so many buckler Champs? I know buccaneers are stronger right now but it's a close second between musketeers and you guys.

It sounds like you're getting beat by strength. I would recommend getting a pet with shark's fury. If you use the moo robe you get more strength as well, and there are other ways to increase strength.

In the same way, you can get 25% critical chance from agility if you use fan or an item slot or pet grant. Along with grand shadowdance that's a 40% critical chance! That makes hidden assassin strikes almost half likely to go critical, which even against a shielded opponent is hurtful with critical bleeding.

If you're tired of being hit by bucc epics, try getting more dodge stats. At around 170 dodge without elusive three riposte starts getting real dangerous. I see a lot of bucklers in the hall with less than 150 dodge and it breaks my heart...

In the same way that we can gain walk in darkness, you can get even more valors gear to cancel out the hidden effect. A bucc also can't hit you with a hidden assassin strike unless you were stunned the previous turn.

I agree that the tough talents are a joke tough 1 I literally laughed at. It should be more like 5, 8, 10. Other than that though bucklers are still pretty powerful. They don't have turn the tide but they do have alert which makes them good against musketeers. Poison still is very effective, and if somebody actually used 200 dodge gear with gallant defense, they might actually have something...
200 dodge with gallant defense is just asking for trouble from Musketeers, or any ranged epic, really.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013

most of the bucklers are champion are only there because of moo robe but yes there are some who made it there with out using the robe

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

The reason why there are so many buckler champions is simple, there are so many buckler period. literally 1/3 of all players are buckler, WHY? because buckler is so easy in pve its the easiest class to pve literally when we hide the enemies are mindless things running around to the corner, its so easy to spend these fife rounds buffing with a npc having no idea where you are. Though obviously in rank your enemy sees you he knows what your doing he knows where you are and he knows what you are capable of and wow too hundred dodge on a buckler? XD did you ever try that in extreme pvp situations? Almost every companion used has a guarantee critical witch is bam 600 health knocked down muskets like nausica will shred dodge based bucklers and really 2 HUNDRED DODGE?!? Base buckler dodge is 135 plus 12 on patch that's ABANDONING A FORT +12 Faunus shoes +11 super strike totem from bazaar +11 ring too +11 of course necklace I: and you got 200 hundred dodge WOW YU JUST WASTED 4 SLOTS that means no tower totem which buckler need no purge no tower ring no fort patch leaving you with a ton of super strikes which are really useless to a pvp buckler one fort and leaving it to choosing fort hat or tower hat. that is a buckler with 2 walk in darkness too assassin one fort no purge and only one slot to customize your strategy that will NEVER work I higher ranked pvp. AND YES I AM A CHAMP

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

Bluba are you MASON?!? 200 dodge will be nothing really because that will be ruining so many slots that could be more assassin or more forts and really you forgot super hits and please 200 dodge buckler only works in pve never in pvp considering you don't know your opponent and really man I can see a buck using highland then whale might from quint the a buckler uses gallant defense?!? uh ok? then buck charges :[ 500 damage on all charges plus glancing 150 plus possibility of BLADE STORM RANK THREE we all know what blade storm rank 3 plus strength spam plus buckler equals death! And mason so many buckler champs so many buckler we are the easiest to PVE but pvp is different you aren't mindless thingies running around brainlessly. Critical bleeding? yep I'm pretty sure you are mason no such thing as critical bleeding! Dude a cloud only totals +25% on privy maybe +15%/+20% on witch and buck maybe.. and +10% on musket, but WHALES MIGHT that's a whole another story, unless you haven't noticed already, BUCK IS THE ONLY STRENGTH BASED CLASS, that means a whale will get +25% on musket and witch and very often +25% on buckler and privy depending on gear. And seriously your suggesting I wear moo robe?!? These sabers where an accomplishment for a reason man! The only time I use it is when I keep getting cotta spammed, sometimes .. And dude like every champion buckler I know has under 170 dodge XD and really almost all of us are below 150 unless you count born sneak and the dodge from knives which is only 5, seriously are you mason in game? XD And one thing we all know who would win if it came down too a buck with no hides vs. a buckler with no shields, of course its buck :[

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Quite Jacques on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Bluba are you MASON?!? 200 dodge will be nothing really because that will be ruining so many slots that could be more assassin or more forts and really you forgot super hits and please 200 dodge buckler only works in pve never in pvp considering you don't know your opponent and really man I can see a buck using highland then whale might from quint the a buckler uses gallant defense?!? uh ok? then buck charges :[ 500 damage on all charges plus glancing 150 plus possibility of BLADE STORM RANK THREE we all know what blade storm rank 3 plus strength spam plus buckler equals death! And mason so many buckler champs so many buckler we are the easiest to PVE but pvp is different you aren't mindless thingies running around brainlessly. Critical bleeding? yep I'm pretty sure you are mason no such thing as critical bleeding! Dude a cloud only totals +25% on privy maybe +15%/+20% on witch and buck maybe.. and +10% on musket, but WHALES MIGHT that's a whole another story, unless you haven't noticed already, BUCK IS THE ONLY STRENGTH BASED CLASS, that means a whale will get +25% on musket and witch and very often +25% on buckler and privy depending on gear. And seriously your suggesting I wear moo robe?!? These sabers where an accomplishment for a reason man! The only time I use it is when I keep getting cotta spammed, sometimes .. And dude like every champion buckler I know has under 170 dodge XD and really almost all of us are below 150 unless you count born sneak and the dodge from knives which is only 5, seriously are you mason in game? XD And one thing we all know who would win if it came down too a buck with no hides vs. a buckler with no shields, of course its buck :[
Use gallant defense on the turn a bucc charges ... great idea ... not what I meant.

A couple of things: first of all, many no auction buckler cards come with good dodge stats. You don't have to use the super strike cards. I'm not saying you should give up all your shields. What I'm trying to encourage is a little bit more creativity. Maybe you could use a pet granted kraken's lament and a valor's shield you trained and wait until your opponent's companions have used their guaranteed hits. Then gallant defense to protect your own companions. If you sacrifice the purge magic slot, which is NOT required to reach champion, you can use your own whale's might right after pete does and I guarantee you that your opponent will NOT have a 25% critical chance.

Most buccs will have around 6-8 guaranteed hits; after that, dodge will actually be important. I am a bucc; I have had it happen to me. I have had a 10 epic chain where only 2-3 actually hit the buckler, and I think he had around 160 dodge. As long as you have elusive three, you can make blade storms the only thing that can hit your char if you try. Born sneak + champ sabres + satyric shoes = close to 160 dodge already. Equip three shields and you still have three slots to work with.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
bluba4 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Use gallant defense on the turn a bucc charges ... great idea ... not what I meant.

A couple of things: first of all, many no auction buckler cards come with good dodge stats. You don't have to use the super strike cards. I'm not saying you should give up all your shields. What I'm trying to encourage is a little bit more creativity. Maybe you could use a pet granted kraken's lament and a valor's shield you trained and wait until your opponent's companions have used their guaranteed hits. Then gallant defense to protect your own companions. If you sacrifice the purge magic slot, which is NOT required to reach champion, you can use your own whale's might right after pete does and I guarantee you that your opponent will NOT have a 25% critical chance.

Most buccs will have around 6-8 guaranteed hits; after that, dodge will actually be important. I am a bucc; I have had it happen to me. I have had a 10 epic chain where only 2-3 actually hit the buckler, and I think he had around 160 dodge. As long as you have elusive three, you can make blade storms the only thing that can hit your char if you try. Born sneak + champ sabres + satyric shoes = close to 160 dodge already. Equip three shields and you still have three slots to work with.
Bluba satyric shoes are junk in pvp they could be switched for a fort and bluba 2/10 hits hit a buckler once? i never hit bucks because tide3 elusive3 combo but still, are you mason? Purge really is a must against privy and buck if not we are in a bad situation, why witch too! Seriously like every buck has at least 2 forts tons of leviathan and really they sort of wait till they hit tide, witch and privy, tons of va witch pretty much makes curse useless if yu don't have purge! No auction buckler gear plus good dodge stats? Shoes, uh knives, uh ... errr? wat else ? fido patch nooo that could be a fort! AND JUST ONE THING yu said 10 epic chains 2-3 actually hit! lemme get this straight, yu trained relentless too? follow through, plus some vengeance in there plus the OP BLADE STORM 3 which accuracy is based off of strength that means assuming yu got a critical yu have 3 hits that have almost 100% accuracy and a buckler dodge means nothing, but bluba yu realize the fact that a DEFENSIVE TANK CLASS has the BEST default criticals the best weapons, the best chains, the best damage, the best single shots, while a buckler gets second in all of those even though its the suposed offensive class, Really there are too options to balance this out because bucks atm can slaughter buckler with ease, 1 give slightly better damage to buckler, or give them tide. or armor pierce so bucks can't defend so easily, 2 weaken buck, less damage or less chains, because frankly a buck can get a hidden assasin plus follow through plus relentless blade storm chain plus TIDE? Bluba frankly a buck a defensive class, can offend better than the "heavy hitter." Really it comes down to make buck weaker or make buckler stronger! but really at this point i don't know how they would with out either making buck weapons deal way less damage or completely change the physics of game play and prime buffs which is not the way.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I dont think you have room to complain as a buckler *looks at privateers*

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 5, 2015 wrote:
I dont think you have room to complain as a buckler *looks at privateers*
live every privy I know uses cotta robe scorpion staff combo it's sort of similar position to witch very sad but seriously atm buck are over powered and they slay buckler easiest of all.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
I wish your title was serious . This explains the strange phenom I've been experiencing in rank PVP - that of the wanna-be buck, who is really a buckler. I've even started to use the Dragon Axe ( and I HATE axes ). I've had a buckler BRUTAL charge me! ( Didn't help him one bit, even with that squid thingy strength buff ).
If you want Tide there are pets that grant this talent.
BTW it would be easier to read your post if you broke it up into paragraphs.
The wanna be buck phenomenon was going on long before ranked, and it is rather good for a Buckler to have brutal for Buckler V Buckler, personally I'm using the melee musket strategy but as a Buckler and it works a lot better than when I used the buck style a year back. So for the players who can, I suggest the Buckler with sword/gun combo weapon strategy.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Quite Jacques on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
live every privy I know uses cotta robe scorpion staff combo it's sort of similar position to witch very sad but seriously atm buck are over powered and they slay buckler easiest of all.
Those are powers from gear, it has nothing to do with the fact privateers are weak without them.

Swashbucklers arent weak without them.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Silver Angel on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
Those are powers from gear, it has nothing to do with the fact privateers are weak without them.

Swashbucklers arent weak without them.
In general yes. The problem is in a buckler vs. buck situation the disadvantage is insane for buckler, I mean already there is stuff like hold the line 3 blade storm 3 vengeance strike 3, now some crafty bucks are using full first strike tree team, like chris, if yu fog he can hide and there goes the hide thx to toro kobe and wagyu, but really say its not a full team? well when yu super hidden it brings them exactly down to tide +25% accuracy plus 4 ranks of accurate thats 150+ accuracy! To a buckler companions dodge of aproximately 148 that only gives them something of a 1/5 chance of dodging so 3 vengeance strikes will shred them, frankly its either weaken buck or match buckler better for buck, Only way to match buckler better for buck is better dodge, which i'm sure many would hate, better damage? or better pierce like switch peaceful ranks for +30% pierce? +50%?

Ensign
Jul 27, 2013
lol when I saw the title I almost died

Brave Arthur Davis max witch
Reckless Jack Collins max buckler
See you in the skyways

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
In general yes. The problem is in a buckler vs. buck situation the disadvantage is insane for buckler, I mean already there is stuff like hold the line 3 blade storm 3 vengeance strike 3, now some crafty bucks are using full first strike tree team, like chris, if yu fog he can hide and there goes the hide thx to toro kobe and wagyu, but really say its not a full team? well when yu super hidden it brings them exactly down to tide +25% accuracy plus 4 ranks of accurate thats 150+ accuracy! To a buckler companions dodge of aproximately 148 that only gives them something of a 1/5 chance of dodging so 3 vengeance strikes will shred them, frankly its either weaken buck or match buckler better for buck, Only way to match buckler better for buck is better dodge, which i'm sure many would hate, better damage? or better pierce like switch peaceful ranks for +30% pierce? +50%?
Go for the dodge, Jacques. When they begin their attack, your first strike will trigger, if you hit, you begin the chain of vengeance strike attempts and when you dodge them, riposte comes into play. And if you've trained Relentless and have a pet that grants Bladestorm - well you can see the number of attacks will weaken them before they can get in that Vicious or Brutal Charge.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Go for the dodge, Jacques. When they begin their attack, your first strike will trigger, if you hit, you begin the chain of vengeance strike attempts and when you dodge them, riposte comes into play. And if you've trained Relentless and have a pet that grants Bladestorm - well you can see the number of attacks will weaken them before they can get in that Vicious or Brutal Charge.
I will never lose 2 forts for +28 dodge never :P nor will i lose that op purge, its so fun to see the shock on some people when yu purge ;D

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Well losing 2 forts is not worth it. But! Perhaps find other gear that gives forts and also has more dodge. I'd also suggest a vicious charge for fighting Buckler or buck. Purge, on the other hand is a waste of a slot for another defense buff, especially as a Buckler you don't want to remove your own buffs ever since we don't have as many as other classes. (This is just my humble opinion,)