Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Hi Everyone! So I have played through the game three times so far with a musketeer, a witchdoctor, and a Privateer. I was really hoping to do a run through on my Swashbuckler and was wondering what companions Swashbuckler's get that synergize well and are viable, meaning they have stats and/or epics that make them useful enough. I really would like to avoid using El Toro if possible, sorry I love him but he has carried me far too many times. I am really interested in using Mustang Sally and Buffalo Bill and wanted to know if they are good companions in battle. Alright sorry for my essay and thanks guys, I will be awaiting your thoughts.
^Wow Very Formal.

Virtuous Grace Lewis
Two-Faced Teresa Dodger
Merciful Irene Hadler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
xXLalacoolXx on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
Hi Everyone! So I have played through the game three times so far with a musketeer, a witchdoctor, and a Privateer. I was really hoping to do a run through on my Swashbuckler and was wondering what companions Swashbuckler's get that synergize well and are viable, meaning they have stats and/or epics that make them useful enough. I really would like to avoid using El Toro if possible, sorry I love him but he has carried me far too many times. I am really interested in using Mustang Sally and Buffalo Bill and wanted to know if they are good companions in battle. Alright sorry for my essay and thanks guys, I will be awaiting your thoughts.
^Wow Very Formal.

Virtuous Grace Lewis
Two-Faced Teresa Dodger
Merciful Irene Hadler
You can't go wrong with Subodai. Fan is also a very good option, I love Sarah Steele. Oh my goodness , there are so many very good companions for Swashbucklers, I can't list them all - except for the crab hermit, crazy monquistador & nurse Quinn ( those are the very worst companions in the game, even with the new talent points ) I recommend setting them to tasks as soon as you recruit them.

Ensign
Sep 15, 2014
You really cannot go wrong with as many buccaneers as possible, but another strategy would be to go full damage and have as many swashes as possible, or a mix of the two (one buccaneer, two swashes,ect.).

But the strategy I use is to have multiple of each class so I can switch them around depending on the battle.
When it's an annoying minion battle I use all swashes to get rid of one to two enemies per round, and when it's a tough boss battle I use fan (for her buff) subodai (for his sustain and damage) and bonnie (for her ranged attack).

And when I'm facing the toughest of all, buffaloons, I use as many buccaneers as possible to survive their onslaught.

I hope you found this advice useful!

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for the response anecorbie! I am trying Sarah out as first mate she is doing fine so far, just got to Santa Pollo so it starts to get challenging from here. I like when me and Sarah both disappear first turn. Fan is alright, gotta test her out. I really like Subodai, but I am also using Lucky Jack who I have never seen be effective, but he has been carrying me as of recently. Ok Ill update when I get further. Thanks!

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
xXLalacoolXx on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the response anecorbie! I am trying Sarah out as first mate she is doing fine so far, just got to Santa Pollo so it starts to get challenging from here. I like when me and Sarah both disappear first turn. Fan is alright, gotta test her out. I really like Subodai, but I am also using Lucky Jack who I have never seen be effective, but he has been carrying me as of recently. Ok Ill update when I get further. Thanks!
As one of the best swashbucklers in the game pvp wise and questing wise I suggest you try using your Bonnie and Flanders and a companion of choice such as subodai or Sarah promoting Bonnie Annie and Flanders would be your 2 best options for questing and toro which you will soon arrive to

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
The best swashbuckler companions to me are

Flan: She is an amazing little power house with an agility buff power. Very powerful when paired with agility powered allies
Sarah Steele: She is one of the strongest swashbucklers, and has access to plenty of epics.
El Toro *music*: Dodge boosting power, awesome potential for huge damage, and a cool guy all and all. El Toro is even more awesome when paired with swashbuckler team members who benefit from the dodge power allowing riposte to go off even more often.
Bonnie Annie: While I prefer the mighty might of Quad-swash, she makes a great ally till you get El Toro.

Also if you can afford it, I suggest going for the swashbuckler bear in the beast pack. I don't have him yet but I heard he is good. Oh and maybe buy Sarah Steele's crownterpart? (crown counterpart)