Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scrip Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 19, 2011
This is probably a very silly question but...
Can you earn scrip (outside of ranked pvp or arena) without being a member? I buy worlds with crowns since I do not get to play often spending a bunch of money of membership is a waste, when I sink ships can I get scrip at all?
Thank you for taking the time to read my question and very much thanks to you if you took/take the time to answer!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
texankitten on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Can you earn scrip (outside of ranked pvp or arena) without being a member? I buy worlds with crowns since I do not get to play often spending a bunch of money of membership is a waste, when I sink ships can I get scrip at all?
Thank you for taking the time to read my question and very much thanks to you if you took/take the time to answer!

1. Welcome to the Message Boards!

2. You should be able to get Scrip from sinking ships. It's more common the farther away from Skull Island you are, but you should still be able to get some in Skull Island.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I don't think it is member based If you have a ship can get to the sky way and have time to spend fighting ship to ship you should get scrip. It took me for ever to get my first drop of scrip from a ship and I still don't get that much I have been at it since they implemented it and have only received about 200 for each of my pirates and that's counting the 120 I got in skull island at the start . I don't think it's that easy to get. May be If you had a raiding party you can get more. I don't know I've never been on one but that's what everyone else does. good luck

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It's not a silly question at all. It's something that has developed over time.

Depending on your Level, the Regatta you will also earn Scrip depending on how far you get. I think the minimum level is 45 but it is recommended that you be around level 65 because you face at least 5 waves of attacks with Boss Ships. It is also recommended that you bring along 3 other friends. I haven't done the Regatta yet and don't know if boarding ships or being boarded by the enemy helps you earn Scrip or not.

I do know the only way to earn Scrip against ships outside of the Regatta is to defeat them without boarding or being boarded by them. You can earn some Scrip in Tradewinds Skyway and Port Regal Skyway on Skull Island (I have done it). You can also earn Scrip on any other world in the Spiral by fighting the ships using the method outlined above. When you earn Scrip, you will usually earn more Scrip the further you are from Skull Island. Best place so far is Aquila for earning Scrip.

Not every ship will drop Scrip. In my experience, Tradewinds Skyway's enemy ships seem to drop about 1 in 5 fights to 1 in 10 fights. Boss Ships seems to drop Scrip about 1 in 3 times away from Skull Island. An additional reason to blow the ships out of the air is that is one of the best ways to get Naval Experience and Ship Equipment that you can use on your ships to improve their capabilities. Getting Naval Experience this way helps qualify you for better Ship Equipment that can be used on your ships.

If you can't use the Ship Equipment that you get from the Naval Battles, you can always sell it at the Bazaar or any Ship Equipment Vendor for Gold. I recommend comparing what you can get at the Vendors vs the Bazaar. I have usually found that, if the Bazaar has over 200 of the that particular Ship Equipment, the Vendors will usually pay more.

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Any ship you sink has the chance to drop scrip; I've found a little (2 max) from ships in the Skull Island skyway. Chances go up as you get farther away from SI. The boss ships seem to be a little more generous, but I've had frog pirates drop a fair chunk of scrip in Marleybone.

You might also join up with folks fighting the fortresses in Cool Ranch (I think it's the Tumbleweed skyway) or the big armada fortress (the back of the one you sabotage in Marleybone). Go sink the Golden Hart; Captain Brocks will drop some scrip too. In Aquila, sink either Pluton or the guy at the other end of the skyway (I forget his name) for good ship equipment and a decent crack at scrip.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
And you can always buy the Smuggler's Cove and hope the wishing well drops scrip. It seems to, in my experience, about 1 in 6 times (I'm running 18 pirates who check their wells daily). Amounts vary, but you can potentially get up to 100 scrip regardless of pirate level. The lowest we've got is 6 among all 36 pirates (Indigo also runs 18 pirates through his wells). The advantage of the house is that you can buy it for gold (100K) or crowns.

Can't believe none of us who replied to you didn't suggest getting the house! Granted, it's not "earning" scrip, but my pirates will take it how they can get it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
It's not a silly question at all. It's something that has developed over time.

Depending on your Level, the Regatta you will also earn Scrip depending on how far you get. I think the minimum level is 45 but it is recommended that you be around level 65 because you face at least 5 waves of attacks with Boss Ships. It is also recommended that you bring along 3 other friends. I haven't done the Regatta yet and don't know if boarding ships or being boarded by the enemy helps you earn Scrip or not.

I do know the only way to earn Scrip against ships outside of the Regatta is to defeat them without boarding or being boarded by them. You can earn some Scrip in Tradewinds Skyway and Port Regal Skyway on Skull Island (I have done it). You can also earn Scrip on any other world in the Spiral by fighting the ships using the method outlined above. When you earn Scrip, you will usually earn more Scrip the further you are from Skull Island. Best place so far is Aquila for earning Scrip.

Not every ship will drop Scrip. In my experience, Tradewinds Skyway's enemy ships seem to drop about 1 in 5 fights to 1 in 10 fights. Boss Ships seems to drop Scrip about 1 in 3 times away from Skull Island. An additional reason to blow the ships out of the air is that is one of the best ways to get Naval Experience and Ship Equipment that you can use on your ships to improve their capabilities. Getting Naval Experience this way helps qualify you for better Ship Equipment that can be used on your ships.

If you can't use the Ship Equipment that you get from the Naval Battles, you can always sell it at the Bazaar or any Ship Equipment Vendor for Gold. I recommend comparing what you can get at the Vendors vs the Bazaar. I have usually found that, if the Bazaar has over 200 of the that particular Ship Equipment, the Vendors will usually pay more.

Hope that helps. Good Luck.
Trade winds skyway isn't accessible without membership
You may have accidently bought the area for crowns I accidently bought flotsam skyway for crowns once

Also for your question scrip is very abundant in the regatta and it's a very reliable source for max lvl players

Otherwise battle boss ships in skull island skyway such as dead eye driede and there are two monquistador bosses too if you look near the presidio and past the vortex closest to flotsam skyway

Admiral
May 30, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Trade winds skyway isn't accessible without membership
You may have accidently bought the area for crowns I accidently bought flotsam skyway for crowns once

Also for your question scrip is very abundant in the regatta and it's a very reliable source for max lvl players

Otherwise battle boss ships in skull island skyway such as dead eye driede and there are two monquistador bosses too if you look near the presidio and past the vortex closest to flotsam skyway
No, TXKitten clearly said s/he buys worlds with crowns. We don't know how many skyways have been bought yet, hence the suggestions for various skyways.

The question was can scrip be earned sans membership. The answer is yes, it can. We added places outside of the free to play area because there are other places to earn scrip.

Thanks for mentioning the monquistador bosses near the Presidio. I've not bothered to sail in that direction other than to do the quests required there, so I hadn't known about them.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
No, TXKitten clearly said s/he buys worlds with crowns. We don't know how many skyways have been bought yet, hence the suggestions for various skyways.

The question was can scrip be earned sans membership. The answer is yes, it can. We added places outside of the free to play area because there are other places to earn scrip.

Thanks for mentioning the monquistador bosses near the Presidio. I've not bothered to sail in that direction other than to do the quests required there, so I hadn't known about them.
Oh k thx for telling because I know where to get heaps of scrip

If you got to Aquila battle the ophidian ship on the left side of nova Aquila on Achaean way it gives me good scrip compared to the others

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010

Hello texankitten,

I saw that you already got helpful tips from other members. I might have some additional info too.

- Scrips can be obtained as reward from sinking ships (my favorite place is Subata Skyway). I can also suggest for you to track any news from Stars of the Spiral and Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem official fansites, since they are organizing scrip and nxp farming events now and then.

- Smugglers Arena can get you scrip, if you have a friend with Smugglers Arena you can form a team and try to earn your scrip there.

- Pirate Regatta is one of the coolest places to get scrip. That is new nautical gauntlet and you can get around 100 scrip in one run (at least that is how much I got).

I hope this helps you!

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
Wouldn't the best place to get scrip be Valencia, the geographically (Spiralgraphically) farthest place from skull island?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blazing Cannons on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Wouldn't the best place to get scrip be Valencia, the geographically (Spiralgraphically) farthest place from skull island?
The further away from Skull Island the more chance that scrip will be dropped. The higher the level of the ship, the amount of scrip increases. That's why Aquilan boss ships drop the most scrip.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
The further away from Skull Island the more chance that scrip will be dropped. The higher the level of the ship, the amount of scrip increases. That's why Aquilan boss ships drop the most scrip.
Captain Pluto in Achaean way is the only boss ship I know of

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
So if the next update is a new valencian skyway, then it those ships would have both the highest amount of scrip dropped and highest chance to drop scrip.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
So if the next update is a new valencian skyway, then it those ships would have both the highest amount of scrip dropped and highest chance to drop scrip.
As I understand it, you may be correct in the amount of Scrip dropped (depends how they count the distance to Valencia.). I don't think the chance to drop Scrip changes, just the amount.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
There's another, although I don't recall his name. I prefer to thump on Pluton for the equipment drops.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If this were the case, then yes. Whatever the next skyway open is, if the ships are of higher level than those in Aquila, the chance for scrip would be better there as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Go past Laestragon, toward the cliffs and you can find Captain Spartacos; be warned; he is very, very tough. I never go against him without full potions and at least one friend. He does drop good gear ( so I heard ) for ships.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
Go past Laestragon, toward the cliffs and you can find Captain Spartacos; be warned; he is very, very tough. I never go against him without full potions and at least one friend. He does drop good gear ( so I heard ) for ships.
It sounds like a plan for me, I must go back to aquila