Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The ghost in the dungeon.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
So, you know that dungeon in Arroyo Grande where you fight Old Man Bronco with Buck Bronco and the Waco Kid? After defeating them in the last room of the dungeon, I freed Timmy from the cage. But when I turned back around, there was what seemed like a ghost in one of the cages, but when I walked closer, it vanished. Has anyone else seen this strange apparition?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I've seen that too: the lady chicken disappears whenever you get to close, then returns if you turn your back or back away far enough. Its a nice little touch, although i don't think it has any bearing on the story.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wraithcaster on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
So, you know that dungeon in Arroyo Grande where you fight Old Man Bronco with Buck Bronco and the Waco Kid? After defeating them in the last room of the dungeon, I freed Timmy from the cage. But when I turned back around, there was what seemed like a ghost in one of the cages, but when I walked closer, it vanished. Has anyone else seen this strange apparition?
The chicken lady, yep, I saw; and there's a ghost chicken boy in the Motherlode Mine.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Where you free Timmy from a cage is in the quest "Showdown!" and it is in the Jail House, Lower Cells in Tumbleweed Skyway. I saw the ghost too in the other cage but she is apparently shy or scared since she disappears when you get close to her. I don't have any idea who she is or what she is doing there. Maybe we'll find out later in the story.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I saw it! I just happened to have helped a friend and I saw it! I saw the ghost! It's probably a movie reference.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I have seen it. She is seen again at the beginning of miranda. I beleive she is just there for a creepy effect.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I have also seen this creepy ghost, but in a different spot. He can be seen near the training tome in the Motherlode Mine. He appears for a few seconds, but than vanishes into thin air. I wonder if the two ghosts we saw are actually the same person (child). It would be cool if KingsIsle intentionally placed the ghost around Cool Ranch as an Easter egg and created a small back story for him.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Go to Motherlode Mine dock and look up to see a ghost chicken miner.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
I have never noticed that.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Yeah the chicken ghost disappears if you walk too close, but you can see it if you are farther away from it. I have wondered about that...

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
The ghost seen in the cage is actually named Annabelle or something, she appears in Miranda as well.