Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what would you wanna see in pvp?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Well lately i been doing the pvp and i like to see about 3 things

1 i love to see some kinda system were i can get a match up quicker with players near my level because sometimes it fun to have a chance on winning but not like were you have to pay for it i like this system to be like a Patrice match

2 i love to see some new fighting area's like the house's have but instead there could be like traps and stuff in the new arena's like say if you step on any spots with a x on it 3 fire would break out randomly on the field making it hard for players to move and also may turn the tide of the battle

3 i would like to see a 4 team battle system red blue green and organ this battle steyem could be like memberships only or something but in this battle there could be speale rules and it be more fun because there be more players to fight i know i enjoy it

post any thing you wanna see in pvp here we all wanna see what your ideas are also this is just idea's so there can't really be any hating :P

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
King Leo 46 on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
Well lately i been doing the pvp and i like to see about 3 things

1 i love to see some kinda system were i can get a match up quicker with players near my level because sometimes it fun to have a chance on winning but not like were you have to pay for it i like this system to be like a Patrice match

2 i love to see some new fighting area's like the house's have but instead there could be like traps and stuff in the new arena's like say if you step on any spots with a x on it 3 fire would break out randomly on the field making it hard for players to move and also may turn the tide of the battle

3 i would like to see a 4 team battle system red blue green and organ this battle steyem could be like memberships only or something but in this battle there could be speale rules and it be more fun because there be more players to fight i know i enjoy it

post any thing you wanna see in pvp here we all wanna see what your ideas are also this is just idea's so there can't really be any hating :P
Before I begin, welcome to the boards!

1. I'd like to see Doubloons banned in Ranked. At homes I've got no problem since those are usually friends and not too much is at steak.
2. A free for all. No teams. 1v1v1v1
3. A mode of no companions. Just captains.
4. A fairer matching system than W101. People within the same level bracket. I.e. 61-65 or 1-5. I don't care about ranking(like private vs knight).

I'm good other than those things.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
FireMorgan13 on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:

1. I'd like to see Doubloons banned in Ranked. At homes I've got no problem since those are usually friends and not too much is at steak.
4. A fairer matching system than W101. People within the same level bracket. I.e. 61-65 or 1-5. I don't care about ranking(like private vs knight).

i love your idea and thank you for the welcoming :D

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:

I don't use doubloons in pvp unless the other side starts using them first, but in ranked pvp I think the only rule should be...that there are no rules. If something is available for use anywhere in the game, it should be allowed for use in pvp. I have seen many threads on the message boards where one class will complain about how overpowered they think another class is and how unfair it is. Well, doubloons could be the great equalizer. They would also serve to keep things fresh and unpredictable. Go to the Brawlin' Hall on any given night and you will see the same old classes using the same old strategies over and over and over. Besides, if I can't use doubloons, why should you be allowed to use your pet? Most pirates who take their pvp seriously spend many many hours farming for gear and morphing and developing pets. The same goes for doubloons. Discard the ones you don't want and farm for the ones you do want. I think the more variables involved in pvp, the better it will be and it will also help to prevent one class from becoming overly dominant. I do agree with you about being able to select options for the matches. Pirate vs pirate with no companions is one I really like. The option to restrict the use of pets and doubloons could be another. I don't think the 'free for all' option would be good for ranked because there would be nothing keeping a group of friends from getting together and pretending not to know each other while they utterly destroy someone for the sake of padding their rankings. No matter how it's initially packaged, though, I am super excited about the possibility of ranked pvp coming to Pirate101.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
I don't use doubloons in pvp unless the other side starts using them first, but in ranked pvp I think the only rule should be...that there are no rules. If something is available for use anywhere in the game, it should be allowed for use in pvp. I have seen many threads on the message boards where one class will complain about how overpowered they think another class is and how unfair it is. Well, doubloons could be the great equalizer. They would also serve to keep things fresh and unpredictable. Go to the Brawlin' Hall on any given night and you will see the same old classes using the same old strategies over and over and over. Besides, if I can't use doubloons, why should you be allowed to use your pet? Most pirates who take their pvp seriously spend many many hours farming for gear and morphing and developing pets. The same goes for doubloons. Discard the ones you don't want and farm for the ones you do want. I think the more variables involved in pvp, the better it will be and it will also help to prevent one class from becoming overly dominant. I do agree with you about being able to select options for the matches. Pirate vs pirate with no companions is one I really like. The option to restrict the use of pets and doubloons could be another. I don't think the 'free for all' option would be good for ranked because there would be nothing keeping a group of friends from getting together and pretending not to know each other while they utterly destroy someone for the sake of padding their rankings. No matter how it's initially packaged, though, I am super excited about the possibility of ranked pvp coming to Pirate101.
For the free for all, I feel KI can implement measures to prevent that, though that is a valid concern. However, the winner of the free-for-all would be the only one with the rank up. The rest would have their ranks demoted(some maybe less so than others. That's a decision I think KI should handle) so helping one person wouldn't be of much value. However the one person could creates multiple profiles and have them free for all. Again, I think KI can implement measures to keep it fair.

The more I think on it, doubloons aren't that bad. My main concern wassummon doubloons, but now that I think about it, it's not too bad.

I'm super excited for Ranked PvP. If they allow Doubloons(and I feel sure they will), I won't complain. I'll just work with it and aim for the top!(and probably end up sticking at the lower ranks. RNGs and luck have a thing against me when it matter most.)

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
i understand you wanted to make a point but this kinda thing is not welcome in this topic as it stated in my topic no judge that her idea and it just a idea if you have a idea for what you would wanna see in pvp then most if it just to complain about what someone else wanted to see then plz do not post this is a place without judge meant that why i made this topic so players can put there ideas about pvp in without people saying things like this

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I agree with Fire Morgan. Doubloons should be banned. Also:

A PvP setup thing like Wizard where you can choose the level cap, the VS thing, and there should be a thing that you can choose which classes can compete (ex. Swashbucklers only, Privateers and Witch doctors only, No Musketeers, etc.)

Plus there should be world themed areas, and audiences!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
For the free for all, I feel KI can implement measures to prevent that, though that is a valid concern. However, the winner of the free-for-all would be the only one with the rank up. The rest would have their ranks demoted(some maybe less so than others. That's a decision I think KI should handle) so helping one person wouldn't be of much value. However the one person could creates multiple profiles and have them free for all. Again, I think KI can implement measures to keep it fair.

The more I think on it, doubloons aren't that bad. My main concern wassummon doubloons, but now that I think about it, it's not too bad.

I'm super excited for Ranked PvP. If they allow Doubloons(and I feel sure they will), I won't complain. I'll just work with it and aim for the top!(and probably end up sticking at the lower ranks. RNGs and luck have a thing against me when it matter most.)
I am also very excited for ranked pvp. One thing I notice, however, is that even though some people have several max levels, they have only one or maybe two pirates they pvp with on a regular basis...because let's face it...mastering five classes and farming them up is quite a challenge. I have a max level from each class, but I usually only pvp with my Swashbuckler or Musketeer, so as far as the 'free for all' thing goes, people could use one of the pirates they don't usually pvp with to aid a friend. In a scenario like that, they wouldn't care if their ranking took a hit because their friends would be returning the favor with one of their own 'unused' pirates. If you were unfortunate enough to be the one that the others in the match singled out two or three consecutive times, you might start to dislike that mode. I doubt that I would ever play in a 'free for all' setting. Lastly, I think doubloons should be allowed. Why ban anything that is otherwise available for use in the game? I think doubloons would keep things fresh and unpredictable. As much as the hardcore pvp enthusiasts hate to admit it, luck plays a huge part in every match. If your powers aren't coming up...what can you do? Doubloons would be a good fall back plan for when this happens. Also, even though Privateers powers were limited with the last update, Battle Zeal is still hard for anyone to overcome. Privateers still dominate pvp for the most part, so that in itself shows an imbalance and I think doubloons would be a great equalizer for all classes. They are available to everyone so how would using them be anymore unfair than someone using a pet that provides five or six really good grants for their owner? A good pet that is tailored to your class is hard to come by. In fact the only way to get one is to morph with someone who has one, so pvp clans could morph only with each other, thusly giving themselves an advantage. There are those of us who like to go solo and we can't forget about them.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
I am also very excited for ranked pvp. One thing I notice, however, is that even though some people have several max levels, they have only one or maybe two pirates they pvp with on a regular basis...because let's face it...mastering five classes and farming them up is quite a challenge. I have a max level from each class, but I usually only pvp with my Swashbuckler or Musketeer, so as far as the 'free for all' thing goes, people could use one of the pirates they don't usually pvp with to aid a friend. In a scenario like that, they wouldn't care if their ranking took a hit because their friends would be returning the favor with one of their own 'unused' pirates. If you were unfortunate enough to be the one that the others in the match singled out two or three consecutive times, you might start to dislike that mode. I doubt that I would ever play in a 'free for all' setting. Lastly, I think doubloons should be allowed. Why ban anything that is otherwise available for use in the game? I think doubloons would keep things fresh and unpredictable. As much as the hardcore pvp enthusiasts hate to admit it, luck plays a huge part in every match. If your powers aren't coming up...what can you do? Doubloons would be a good fall back plan for when this happens. Also, even though Privateers powers were limited with the last update, Battle Zeal is still hard for anyone to overcome. Privateers still dominate pvp for the most part, so that in itself shows an imbalance and I think doubloons would be a great equalizer for all classes. They are available to everyone so how would using them be anymore unfair than someone using a pet that provides five or six really good grants for their owner? A good pet that is tailored to your class is hard to come by. In fact the only way to get one is to morph with someone who has one, so pvp clans could morph only with each other, thusly giving themselves an advantage. There are those of us who like to go solo and we can't forget about them.
Can we stop bickering on this matter? This is getting us nowhere fast.

What would be your ideas for ranked pvp?

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
I agree with Fire Morgan. Doubloons should be banned. Also:

A PvP setup thing like Wizard where you can choose the level cap, the VS thing, and there should be a thing that you can choose which classes can compete (ex. Swashbucklers only, Privateers and Witch doctors only, No Musketeers, etc.)

Plus there should be world themed areas, and audiences!
i like your idea but can you explain more on it?

also here another idea

what if in pvp they made rules that could Chang the battle like say at a random time you would switch teams every for rounds and what ever team was the last standing wins

i also think there shouldn't be doubloons in rank i think it make it to unfair i think it fine in pvp but rank pvp seems to me like pushing it a little but that's just me

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
Can we stop bickering on this matter? This is getting us nowhere fast.

What would be your ideas for ranked pvp?
Um...thought the posts were pretty self-explanatory. Let me try again.

1. First, anything that occurs in the game should be allowed for use in pvp. This includes gear that we all are equally able to farm for, pets that we are all equally able to develop and doubloons that we are all equally able to accumulate.

2. An options menu that allows us to customize the match-ups for things such as no pets, no doubloons, level of opponents etc.

3. Customizable battleboards that can have zero to many obstacles.

4. The option to have the match be captain vs captain with no companions with up to 8 captains (2 teams of 4) doing battle or the traditional way with companions included, all adding to or taking from a single ranking.

There, all better? Forgive me for trying to have a dialogue. Hope to see you real soon out on the battleboard :D

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
King Leo 46 on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
i understand you wanted to make a point but this kinda thing is not welcome in this topic as it stated in my topic no judge that her idea and it just a idea if you have a idea for what you would wanna see in pvp then most if it just to complain about what someone else wanted to see then plz do not post this is a place without judge meant that why i made this topic so players can put there ideas about pvp in without people saying things like this
Sorry, I just wanted to explain why I would want the options that I outlined. I didn't say I hated your ideas, or anyone else's. I did try, however, to make it clear why I like the options I mentioned. I didn't mean to upset or offend you. Perhaps if your guidelines had been a little more coherent, I wouldn't have posted with the utter disregard that you seem to be perceiving. Also, thanks for letting me know that my posts aren't welcome on your threads. Fair sailin', friend :)

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
Um...thought the posts were pretty self-explanatory. Let me try again.

1. First, anything that occurs in the game should be allowed for use in pvp. This includes gear that we all are equally able to farm for, pets that we are all equally able to develop and doubloons that we are all equally able to accumulate.

2. An options menu that allows us to customize the match-ups for things such as no pets, no doubloons, level of opponents etc.

3. Customizable battleboards that can have zero to many obstacles.

4. The option to have the match be captain vs captain with no companions with up to 8 captains (2 teams of 4) doing battle or the traditional way with companions included, all adding to or taking from a single ranking.

There, all better? Forgive me for trying to have a dialogue. Hope to see you real soon out on the battleboard :D
Hope to see you too!

I was just curious if you had any other ideas.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
A ranked pvp is a nice idea, it's been on the wishlist for a long time.Here the types below on the list.

1.Practice pvp two versions with companions like the one is shown at the brawling hall.Solo is player only battle.

2.Ranked similar as above,the choice are player only or with companions by level,class and number of players up to four.The rules are simple flee is counted as a lose and doubloons are banned.I wonder what ticket items can be redeemed.Like in wizards it last for an age like 1st,2nd,3rd etc.

3.Tournaments this is perfect for dedicated players on ranked pvp. Tourneys are long and hard, so prepare for a super battle like no others.Those who par take win a rear and powerful prizes. But the winner get the grandest one of all.

4.Dungeon type like the smuggler's arena ? Then prepare for a 3, 6 or 12 round gullet,unlike the smuggler's arena the player choose what world to enter. This is good to eran scrips and arena tickets in Ranked battle.Comes in Ranked and Practice.

Those are the type of pvp, I would like to see someday.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
you all have wonderful ideas thank you for all the post keep posting i love to see any more ideas about pvp

here idea i have

maybe they could make a way that were not standing in the middle of the battle and are able to watch it as if we were in the fight are self this way players wouldn't see a person standing on top of them when they do a epic hit and other players while waiting fo. a match can see the battle like the people who are fighting in it,