Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An affirmation in good faith, just may be needed.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Well stated, Valkoor.

I already lost City of Heroes, I will lose my bananas if I lost P101, too.

I am running out of characters to max. Just a seashbuckler to go.

To extend life from the game, I have been loot hunting different spots with my max toons. Recently got cpt. Bloods jacket...

Anywho, ANY word that the game still has a future would satisfy me.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Money is not a problem for a company with 50million players, if even 5 million bought the $60 thing thats $300 million dollars. Secrecy is not helping you at all with pirate101 kingsisle, sooner rather then later this game that we love may become the next toontown, we dont care if it's one world or 2 or even just a new dungeon filled with bugs, just give us something or else we're gonna go to new games, its already happening, Envy and fury 2 of the top pvp clans have left for new games because there are no updates or even a sign of them coming, i dont care if this gets through moderation because you still see it and hear me

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Money is not a problem for a company with 50million players, if even 5 million bought the $60 thing thats $300 million dollars. Secrecy is not helping you at all with pirate101 kingsisle, sooner rather then later this game that we love may become the next toontown, we dont care if it's one world or 2 or even just a new dungeon filled with bugs, just give us something or else we're gonna go to new games, its already happening, Envy and fury 2 of the top pvp clans have left for new games because there are no updates or even a sign of them coming, i dont care if this gets through moderation because you still see it and hear me
There's some 'tough love' in that message! I, too, don't want to lose another game I enjoyed ( it wasn't ToonTown for me, it was Pixie Hollow and I've lost contact with many good friends because of it) and also losing Free Realms was bad, but it would be NOTHING compared to losing this game......

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It is possible that maybe a big update is coming that is talking a lot of time. Or maybe there is some loose ends and frustrations on both sides. Perhaps the staff is tired too from demands that never seem to satisfy. Maybe they are on summer break. You can come up with many reasons for the delay. I love this game too but you have to understand sometimes things take time. I just got back from a trip myself. Maybe they are simply taking time off.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Kingsisle, this community is so dedicated to what is, Pirate101. If you keep hiding behind the dreams, they won't happen. If you've heard this same type of message, shouldn't that be concerning to your state of minds?

Basically, everyone in P101 wants an update, no matter what the size! I've played this game since Day 1 and i was expecting a fresh start compare to my other endeavors. Don't let this game continue to fall.

All of us, every single Privateer, Swashbuckler, Witch Doctor, Buccaneer, and Musketeer, are so hopeful for what you guys have in store. Just go for it! Right now, we'll take anything you throw at us.

Good Luck with the new update and maybe, any bugs or glitches/problems that occurred, will be fixed so that the waiting game can be ended and the PIRATE game can be continued.

-Clever Finnigan Voss
~Pirate in Waiting~

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
I am just hopeless at this point. You guys do know that Kingsisle is reading every one of these messages, yet they don't say anything. On top of it all, wizard101 got another update!!!! I am beggining to believe that kingsisle favors wizard101 and pirate101 is their "side" game. this just isn't fair KI. I really hope something happens ok KI live today cause If it doesn't you can say bye to my $$. I am not wasting money on a game that doesn't gey updates. This will be very hard for me but I, along with many other players, can't take this anymore. Get the pirate101 act together KI, more and more pirates are beggining to sail out of the skyways into other games that actually get updated. Pls update p101 soon, it has been 2+ years!! Come on!

Au Revoir

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
It is possible that maybe a big update is coming that is talking a lot of time. Or maybe there is some loose ends and frustrations on both sides. Perhaps the staff is tired too from demands that never seem to satisfy. Maybe they are on summer break. You can come up with many reasons for the delay. I love this game too but you have to understand sometimes things take time. I just got back from a trip myself. Maybe they are simply taking time off.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I'd like to agree with you, except that W101 has a new test realm. That means the W101 development team was working, so why wouldn't the P101 team be working?

We haven't had a test realm since, idk November? December? W101 has had multiple test realms this year. Their last live update was in April. APRIL!!

Of course it's frustrating on their end. However waiting this long for an update won't help matters. A statement explaining the delay would be fine. I'd stop complaining(unless it's a really lousy excuse). Simply taking time off for over 6 months? Sry, but seems unlikely to me.

Sorry if it seems I vented some anger on you. I'm just losing patience with KI here.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
JackThePirate527: " I am beggining to believe that kingsisle favors wizard101 and pirate101 is their 'side" game."

Jack, according to the statistics on their site there are eight times as many people playing Wizard than Pirate, so P101 generates a lot less revenue for the company.

It is worth noting that while Wiz101 did just receive two new cards, these are the first new cards for them in quite some time.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King'sIsle Live today; if there's nothing new about Pirate101, I'll scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
JackThePirate527: " I am beggining to believe that kingsisle favors wizard101 and pirate101 is their 'side" game."

Jack, according to the statistics on their site there are eight times as many people playing Wizard than Pirate, so P101 generates a lot less revenue for the company.

It is worth noting that while Wiz101 did just receive two new cards, these are the first new cards for them in quite some time.

-Indigo
people dont play pirates because there arent any updates, there arent any updates because people dont play it, its a vicious cycle that could be stopped by putting some of the extra revenue from wiz into pirates development then this game would generate revenue, also adding a deal like get to lvl 30 on pirates and get the exclusive pirate parrot pet for wizard, they need to combine the games more closely for people to wanna switch, add rewards for pirates for lvling in wiz, add rewards for wiz for lvling in pirates

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
remember when i said envy and fury left for other games because their isnt anything for pirates, well they arent the only pvp clans affected by this, my own clan phoenix is losing members to other games, i'm losing friends because kingsisle is making the worst decisions possible with pirates, i cant afford this many games, the only way i dont lose friends is if ki does something with this game

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Well, we have been giving them numerous requests & some plot oversights that they've been possibly trying to cram some of that & looking at past parts of the storyline in one larger update, and it would appear why they're utilizing that waiting time to make it as big as they could make it yet. Sure, they may take some time off, but they're still dedicated to continually updating this game as well as the W101 team is dedicated to continuing with theirs, too. Plus, they do have their mobile team that are also working on Rise & Destroy & other mobile projects, so they have been very busy with all of these lately.

Granted, W101's been receiving new frequent bundles, content updates & adventures a bit more frequently lately, but that doesn't mean the P101 team is not on it's life support any longer. They're still on it, & as Blind Mew said, they're FAR from it, way far. Maybe this might remind you of what he said before. Trust him and the P101 team. It will all be worth the unexpected elongated waiting time we've been enduring. I know it's a bit upsetting W101's been receiving a little more attention than before, but P101 should have that same amount of attention as well.

KI Live's latest broadcast still says that this special event is about what's new at their games, including P101. I'm certain we may see what they got for us in P101 real soon.

I still have plenty of faith in KI's teams, even P101's, no matter what.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
That isn't a bad idea zuto. A few nice Wizard items that can only be obtained by Pirates, but once obtained can be transferred to a wizard in the same account. It would require a shared bank thing between the games, but since you can have Wizards and Pirates on the same account, should be doable. So if you are a hardened Wizard vet and really must have the niftiest stuff... you have to commit to Pirate a bit as well.

Having played both pretty extensively, I have to say that Pirate is the more polished game, as the developers took what they learned form Wizard and made improvements (like pet leveling). Maybe that's their fear - too many Wizard players switching to Pirate and Wizard dies !

-Indigo

PS Anecorbie, you screamin'?

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Well based on the LIVE event / were going to get STUCK with ranked PVP / that is the hint anyway. (yuck)
but NOT a word from them on LIVE about any new world or expansion coming anytime soon. And i must point out that not a single representative from KI has taken the time to answer the question posted by Valkoor.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I agree. It's possible that a large, filled to the brim update is in the works. I also completely understand that the staff is working diligently & is, I'm quite sure, rather overwhelmed with the workload & the player negativity that has been scattered all over various boards. Those that simply rant or threaten to leave the game don't really understand that acting in such ways does not help the cause or situation at all.

But if players are frustrated, I fully support them in their wishing to share their concerns &/or frustrations. They have a right to voice their opinion & to at least be heard, & also to be reassured...albeit to a point. Players invest a lot of time, energy & money into supporting a game that they really enjoy & they do deserve to at least be kept in the loop, a wee bit.

Most of us are fully aware & understanding of the fact that there are great demands that the KI staff are under. Likewise most of us understand that there are numerous reasons for a delay. People have lives & should enjoy them & get breaks when needed. The problem isn't really the delay...it is more the lack of communication concerning the delay(s)-- even amidst scores of player concerns & frustrations.

If more time is needed, breaks were given, changes were made that affected progress, vacations were planned, the update is incredibly large- thus requiring a longer wait, or any other reasons for the delays come into play, I truly believe that most players would understand. But how can they understand when they have no clue as to what is going on. Delays & reasons for them are commonplace. Many of the players just want to be reassured. We're an understanding community & most with concerns simply just want to hear of the reasons...& that their patience will pay off. Just a simple statement would suffice.

(continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
(...continual)

I play other MMO's & they usually map out projected updates. They'll state "update so-and-so projected for Fall of 2015". Then if those updates get delayed, they provide a statement to the Community. Likewise if the updates are on track, they put out reminders as it gets closer & even narrow down the expected time of arrival. Many that play P101 just want to know that the updates are on the way & are afraid of investing time &money, if they fear the delays will continue for far too long.

In my line of work we let the paying customer know when we plan to complete certain phases of a project. Sometimes we did this with specific dates but more often than not, it is a general estimated time of completion. It surely doesn't always work out according to plans...& that is quite an understatement. We've needed breaks, vacations, more time to complete a certain project within a phase, had losses of manpower, had changes made, ran into 'hiccups' & 'speed bumps' or just had things go wrong all together. But we always try to keep the paying customer informed of any reasons for any delays-- especially when we know that they are concerned or frustrated. We don't need to provide them with specifics, just something that helps them to understand the delays & the reasons behind them. It builds a good relationship between us & the paying customer & let's them know that we hear their concerns & we appreciate their patience & support.

A statement from KI would give concerned players encouragement to just hang in there a bit longer. They just want a reason to hang in there. As of right now, they aren't hearing any reasons...even when many are pleading for them. So, they feel that there voices as players & members of the Community are not being heard.

I support KI & am willing to wait it out, as long as it takes.

We certainly understand reasons for delays, it would just be nice to hear something from the KI team, to help encourage player patience & support.

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
01Shadowblade on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
Well based on the LIVE event / were going to get STUCK with ranked PVP / that is the hint anyway. (yuck)
but NOT a word from them on LIVE about any new world or expansion coming anytime soon. And i must point out that not a single representative from KI has taken the time to answer the question posted by Valkoor.
Stuck with ranked PvP? Yep, it sure seems like it. My problem with PvP in general is that it was all that anyone ever wanted to do in wizard. Don't think that's the truth? I remember from back then that a good portion of the players were using PvP badges as their badge (say, about one third of anyone i ever met). I never did play ranked (crowns is more tempting for me than membership), and I only got as far as Celestia on my Necromancer before Pirates came out (and I rarely looked back), but I can still tell you and anyone that reads this that, even in practice PvP, things got a bit... extreme. No one ever said "Good Game", and it was more about showing superiority than about having fun, or even about actually practicing PvP to do ranked at another time. And frankly, I see the same fate for Pirates. As far as I know, games fall into two categories when it comes to PvP: the good and the bad. The fact that they made wizard have a bad PvP system (made bad by the competitive nature it forced onto everyone (badges, anyone? People want those badly, and will do anything to get them, to show them off)) means that they have possibly doomed each and every single game with PvP that they will ever make to potentially follow in the same pattern. Honestly, I hope that they prove my words wrong, and make a PvP system that works. I just don't see it happening.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Guess what, you don't have to engage in pvp, ranked or otherwise. But other people enjoy it, and I've been seeing that this community is far larger than I suspected, they need it and I'm happy that they're going to get it.
It gives me hope that crafting could also be coming and maybe sooner than suspected.

P.S. Valkoor, I didn't scream, but I was glad that OEJ gave a very good hint that something ( be it ranked pvp or what have you ) is coming to P101.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ranked pvp for me adds more content then everything they've already put into the game, and did you see how they kept hinting about how cool itd be if a privateer could train riposte?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Going to be honest here a new world would be nice but keep in mind the past 4 updates have been based on pve players so yah I think it's about time rank pvp comes and I am really glad they hinted at it who knows they might release a new world and rank pvp but the way you posted your post yuck was honestly not cool think about all the times us pvp players see new updates not for pvp we don't say yuck or wow but in all honestly I really do want a new world and rank pvp so I would be happy with either if not both

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I don't play PvP, so not particularly excited about rankings coming. However, I know a fair number of players will enjoy it, so that's a good thing.

But, still, overall I am disappointed that there were no real hints of an expansion had no one from KI has responded to this thread.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
ranked pvp for me adds more content then everything they've already put into the game, and did you see how they kept hinting about how cool itd be if a privateer could train riposte?
That would make you OP, no, no, no that's My talent, you can't have it. ( of course you might could find gear that gives it ) like some gear gives Repel Boarders.
( I'm not exactly kidding, I'll be very irate if that happens ).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was afraid it was going to be Ranked PvP based on Ratbeard's comments in that thread, so I was kind of prepared. However, I also want to agree that even acknowledging THIS thread would be a huge gesture on the part of ANYONE on KI staff -- Bonnie Anne? One-Eyed Jack? Ratbeard?

Blind Mew?

Decius?

#JuliefromKI

Joe the Janitor???

We just want to be acknowledged. Thank you!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I was afraid it was going to be Ranked PvP based on Ratbeard's comments in that thread, so I was kind of prepared. However, I also want to agree that even acknowledging THIS thread would be a huge gesture on the part of ANYONE on KI staff -- Bonnie Anne? One-Eyed Jack? Ratbeard?

Blind Mew?

Decius?

#JuliefromKI

Joe the Janitor???

We just want to be acknowledged. Thank you!
Maybe Joe doesn't get to access the servers? But yeah, some indication that they've heard our concerns would be nice.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
That would make you OP, no, no, no that's My talent, you can't have it. ( of course you might could find gear that gives it ) like some gear gives Repel Boarders.
( I'm not exactly kidding, I'll be very irate if that happens ).
how about a trade, i get riposte and you get repel