Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All companions are dead when I log on

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
Ok so I'm not sure if its just me that is facing this problem, but today earlier today I logged on to my account and when I went into my character all of my companions were in bed rest. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I thought it was just a error, but it happened again. Has anyone else had this problem? Because I really want to get this fixed, whenever I log on I can't actually start playing until my companions wake up. And the higher level I get, the longer it takes for them to wake up :(. So it has gotten to a point where I have to wait like half an hour to actually start playing.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Were they defeated in battle before you last logged out of the game? If not, and they should not be on bed rest, please send an email to support@pirate101.com so they can assist you.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
OfficerBlu on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I'm not sure if its just me that is facing this problem, but today earlier today I logged on to my account and when I went into my character all of my companions were in bed rest. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I thought it was just a error, but it happened again. Has anyone else had this problem? Because I really want to get this fixed, whenever I log on I can't actually start playing until my companions wake up. And the higher level I get, the longer it takes for them to wake up :(. So it has gotten to a point where I have to wait like half an hour to actually start playing.
The Bed Rest Timers are working whether you are logged in or not. In other words, all the time from the time when they got sent to Bed Rest counts toward the time till they are healed.

The following might be a few reasons why your Companions are all on Bed Rest. Have you leveled your Companions up to at least 4 levels below your Pirate Level (at least the ones doing the fighting)? That could be one reason they are being defeated (they don't have enough health) and put on Bed Rest. Another reason might be you are fleeing too many fights. It is my understanding that any time you flee causes any Companions in the fight to immediately be put on Bed Rest with very low health. A third possibility is that if you go through Smuggler's Arena and use your Companions, will probably all be on Bed Rest since that place is hard (unless you are on a Practice Run). Are you healing your Companions during the fights? If not, that could be another reason why your Companions are on Bed Rest since they are being defeated in battle. Another reason your Companions are being defeated is that you are in fights where your opponents are too high a level for you.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
Bonnie Anne on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Were they defeated in battle before you last logged out of the game? If not, and they should not be on bed rest, please send an email to support@pirate101.com so they can assist you.
No, none of my companions were killed in combat before logging off. Please keep in mind that it was ALL of my companions, every single companion I had. Even the ones I don't use. I will send an e-mail to this address. Thank you for your help!

Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
The Helpful Pirate on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
The Bed Rest Timers are working whether you are logged in or not. In other words, all the time from the time when they got sent to Bed Rest counts toward the time till they are healed.

The following might be a few reasons why your Companions are all on Bed Rest. Have you leveled your Companions up to at least 4 levels below your Pirate Level (at least the ones doing the fighting)? That could be one reason they are being defeated (they don't have enough health) and put on Bed Rest. Another reason might be you are fleeing too many fights. It is my understanding that any time you flee causes any Companions in the fight to immediately be put on Bed Rest with very low health. A third possibility is that if you go through Smuggler's Arena and use your Companions, will probably all be on Bed Rest since that place is hard (unless you are on a Practice Run). Are you healing your Companions during the fights? If not, that could be another reason why your Companions are on Bed Rest since they are being defeated in battle. Another reason your Companions are being defeated is that you are in fights where your opponents are too high a level for you.
No, its every single one of my companions! Even the ones that I use to get me loot and etc. They aren't defeated in combat before I log back in.