Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Monkey's Paw

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I was recently playing the game as my privateer and I was thinking about the monkey's paw quest. I thought about how the monkey's paw seems like a pretty powerful item for us to just give up and never have in the story line again, and so I thought hey, what if It came back into play? I came up with 2 possible scenarios for this.
1. They give Cornelius a new power. Cornelius is not very powerful at the moment, and the main problem is accuracy. I think he should get an ability that raises the teams accuracy by 50%. I think that he should get his own companion quest, centered around how the Monkey's paw has been stolen, and is going to be used by a crazy monkey (who is related to Cornelius in some way, (Mojo Jojo perhaps?)) is planing to use it to find the answer to the question that is circulating around the church, which came first, the banana or the tree? Cornelius must confront that crazed monkey and after he is defeated Cornelius gets the blessing of the church, which gives him the ability I mentioned earlier (he gets it like Grace Conrad gets the war golem).
2. The Monkey King gets a companion quest. In this he looses control of his Doppelganger who escapes and tries to steal the monkey's paw so he can be completely free from the monkey king. Monkey King goes on a quest and defeats the Doppelganger so that he can get the new ability, Doppelganger. At the begining of the match, he summons a duplicate of himself. It is controlled by you and has the same abilities and damage as him. It appears to have the same health but really only has 500-750 health. When It is defeated Monkey King loses 250 health.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I know what you mean but this wont work with monkey king. The main reason is that Monkey king's soul is not pure he is always neglecting the orders of the celestial ministers. Cornelius does need a new power though he is not that strong.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I don't know... personally, my pirates wouldn't touch the thing with a ten-foot pole after hearing (and seeing!) what became of those who made their wishes on the monkey's paw, and would not at all recommend it to their monkey companions either. Gortez seems to have done the sensible thing, and not used its powers. He wields it as a symbol of potential power in his hand (and a stomach scratcher).

If you haven't read it already, do read the short story The Monkey's Paw by W.W. Jacobs. You will definitely not want to mess with the thing after reading that story!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I don't know... personally, my pirates wouldn't touch the thing with a ten-foot pole after hearing (and seeing!) what became of those who made their wishes on the monkey's paw, and would not at all recommend it to their monkey companions either. Gortez seems to have done the sensible thing, and not used its powers. He wields it as a symbol of potential power in his hand (and a stomach scratcher).

If you haven't read it already, do read the short story The Monkey's Paw by W.W. Jacobs. You will definitely not want to mess with the thing after reading that story!
Just read that today in school during Read Across America Day poor man that must hurt getting crushed by the machine!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I agree very much with Anne. The monkey's paw twists any wish the holder makes, turning that wish into something dark and evil. It really isn't something we want to see again.

As for Monkey King using it, I don't think he would be able to. Monkey King is a monkey, but he is a Mooshuese Immortal, not a Monquistan Monkey. I know it doesn't specify Monquistan Monkey, but I have a feeling that only Monquistan Monkey's are able to use the Monkey's Paw.

Now, what about Gortez. He's not a monkey, He's a Gorilla, which are classified as Apes, not Monkeys. Perhaps the reason he only uses it as a symbol of power, is because he cannot use the Monkey's Paw, not being a true Monkey.

I know that this is the Spiral and all, but Spiral humans cannot use the Monkey's paw because they aren't monkeys. Again, humans are apes, just like Gorillas. So, is the Monkey's paw only usuable by Monquistans, Monkeys, or Monquistan Monkeys?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I agree very much with Anne. The monkey's paw twists any wish the holder makes, turning that wish into something dark and evil. It really isn't something we want to see again.

As for Monkey King using it, I don't think he would be able to. Monkey King is a monkey, but he is a Mooshuese Immortal, not a Monquistan Monkey. I know it doesn't specify Monquistan Monkey, but I have a feeling that only Monquistan Monkey's are able to use the Monkey's Paw.

Now, what about Gortez. He's not a monkey, He's a Gorilla, which are classified as Apes, not Monkeys. Perhaps the reason he only uses it as a symbol of power, is because he cannot use the Monkey's Paw, not being a true Monkey.

I know that this is the Spiral and all, but Spiral humans cannot use the Monkey's paw because they aren't monkeys. Again, humans are apes, just like Gorillas. So, is the Monkey's paw only usuable by Monquistans, Monkeys, or Monquistan Monkeys?
Sancho Panza: "You are lucky you are not Monquistan, so the Paw will not work for you." The only requirement to use the Monkey's Paw is to be Monquistan ( and perhaps a believer in the miracles of St. Bonzo The Unfortunate. )
If you have to be a Monkey to use it, then Queen Eleanor certainly has the ability.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It's better not to consider abusing the holy relics of the church of Monquista believe me no good can come from it. *eats a plantain*

"What ARE you doing?!-Marquis Luis Carayas *hits Dante with wooden rod* BAM!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey