Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A few unbalanced enemies & bosses?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I noticed that through the adventures in Aquila, there are apparently a few enemies, &/or bosses, that while being at the higher or highest level yet, their stats appear to be sort of unbalanced, in terms of their levels & health amounts, that is.

I know that we all like to have challenges, but unbalanced challenges can make things look too easy or to hard, & that could bring some concerns to many who are progressing through.

I ask you this, Pirates, if you've encountered some enemies (no enemy names on their tags are required. only the creature enemy name titles, like Eagle Praetorian.) &/or bosses in Aquila that are unbalanced, like if they're a couple levels down from their proper levels, just say what you can find & the P101 team can do the rebalancing work to make their stats & their levels proper.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here is my responds there are the,

1.Hydra- Now this boss have annoyed me as a pirate101 player more than any boss ( so far ).That ebon head is like to hide all day.

2.Eagle Shade- These shadow heal when they have low health, quite an annoyance for me.

3.Harpies- Another push over bastie, these are hard to defeat.

4. Dreaded Monticore- One push over boss during the promotion of my two magnificent 5 companions. Four on two really ? This one dreaded duel indeed.

5. Red Ettin- Oh my this is one hardcore boss, when attack this boss at close range.

That's the top Aquilian boss and beasties that are push overs at least for me. Since I'm almost done with Aquila, that Hydra is the only obsticale between me and victory.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I would say Disklyos, the Orthrus, while being a side boss, has way too much health for a near high level boss, likely, his level being 58, & his amount of health currently set at 13,248(YIKES! I mean, look at that boss' health amount! That's far too much for that boss, or even a boss, even at that level!). I know he's challenging, but that boss' health needs to be reduced drastically so it would be set to a proper amount that's fair enough to defeat that boss, by group or solo. If anybody else speaks otherwise, I have my opinions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 10, 2015 wrote:
I would say Disklyos, the Orthrus, while being a side boss, has way too much health for a near high level boss, likely, his level being 58, & his amount of health currently set at 13,248(YIKES! I mean, look at that boss' health amount! That's far too much for that boss, or even a boss, even at that level!). I know he's challenging, but that boss' health needs to be reduced drastically so it would be set to a proper amount that's fair enough to defeat that boss, by group or solo. If anybody else speaks otherwise, I have my opinions.
Trimond, ALL my pirates have faced and defeated Diskylos ( solo ), and while challenging, he's not the toughest boss in Aquila. I have also been in farming parties for Diskylos and have beaten him in 1 - 2 rounds, his superior health hasn't helped him a bit.
Now there are those coming on the board complaining that the game isn't hard enough, and those who say it's too hard, I think KI has been doing the best they can do in balancing the game between "challenging" and "win-able". If this doggy's health were reduced, he'd just be a push-over, not everything has to be level appropriate ( especially a side quest, where you have the option of doing it or not )!
And that's my opinion, plus two cents.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Trimond297 on Mar 10, 2015 wrote:
Not to mention that it's a 4 on 1 fight... He's pretty easy to beat (Swashbucklers with good dodge and Riposte will drop that health pretty fast).

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
BrownBeard094 on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
Not to mention that it's a 4 on 1 fight... He's pretty easy to beat (Swashbucklers with good dodge and Riposte will drop that health pretty fast).
Its four on one? It must have been changed since the last time my privy did it, I know that it was 2 on 2 and he had more than 10000 health it was a challenge but it was fun :) if a boss is too challenging you should do sidequests and farm for better gear :) just ask people what would make questing easier.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
1.hydra i mainly think the hydra alone is the hardest the ebon head never comes up while the other heads will sit there and multiply

bloody Jordan Nightingale level 65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Aquila is indeed hard but in order to overcome the mighty beasts that roam Aquila you must bear these things in mind...

1. This is priority for Scylla and hydra. Bring friends it will help you overcome these monsters.

2.Doubloons they help very much they give big advantages that can help you beat the monsters.

3. Side quests can be useful to level up your character and also level up companions.

use these things and you will do just fine!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ryanbold2 on Mar 14, 2015 wrote:
Aquila is indeed hard but in order to overcome the mighty beasts that roam Aquila you must bear these things in mind...

1. This is priority for Scylla and hydra. Bring friends it will help you overcome these monsters.

2.Doubloons they help very much they give big advantages that can help you beat the monsters.

3. Side quests can be useful to level up your character and also level up companions.

use these things and you will do just fine!
Sure, Aquila has the toughest enemies by far, but, we may need to keep an eye on select bosses & enemies that may be unbalanced, in terms of some of their levels & stats being slightly lower than others', that is. You never know what you might find.