Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i realize this is a few years late but...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
does anyone else wish there was a class that had specific advantages in ship to ship combat? not to say that they aren't any good at ground combat but it would be cool to have a pirate class that was able to access abilities that other pirates cant in ship combat. when i heard of the privateer class, that's what i was thinking and was rather disappointing when i realized everyone had a level playing field in ship combat. if not an entire class, i'd at least like to see trainable abilites in ship combat from a trainer, like one of the five class trainers. just a thought.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
iateaunicorn12 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
does anyone else wish there was a class that had specific advantages in ship to ship combat? not to say that they aren't any good at ground combat but it would be cool to have a pirate class that was able to access abilities that other pirates cant in ship combat. when i heard of the privateer class, that's what i was thinking and was rather disappointing when i realized everyone had a level playing field in ship combat. if not an entire class, i'd at least like to see trainable abilites in ship combat from a trainer, like one of the five class trainers. just a thought.
I believe Swashbucklers have an advantage in boarding/ship combat as we can jump from deck to deck and not rely on boarding ramps.
Or do you mean something different? An advantage in the ship attacking ship part of the combat and not boarding? What kind of class would that be called, how could you train?

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
iateaunicorn12 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
I'm perfectly fine with the current ship combat system. I dunno which ship combat you're talking about (boarding or just firing cannons and stuff) but I think swashbucklers have the best advantage in boarding combat. They can jump over gaps, between the boarding ramps as stated by anecorbie, and Morgan LaFitte teaches swashbucklers Pirate, a talent that can be learned for free by Swashbuckers, Privateers, and Buccaneers. Pirate increases weapon power and something else while attacking on ships.