Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Much Longer?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I know that everyone at KI is probably fed up with people complaining about this, but we're all trying our very hardest to maintain our patience. I've read from one of Mew's posts that you have two types of updates to choose from: adding more content for the storyline or improving what already exists (quantity or quality as I like to put it). It seems clear that you've slipped into a quality phase, which is fine, but it may have gotten a little redundant. Don't get me wrong, all the new quality content is amazing and we're all very grateful for all the effort you've put into it, but I think we can all come to an agreement that a new quantity update should be the primary goal for now. I won't lie, many of us players are very demanding and we often forget how much time and effort you guys and gals put into the game. The younger generations just keep getting less and less patient and more and more expectant for things to come to them right away (and don't be confusing me with an older person, I'm only senior in high school, so it takes a lot more guts for me to be admitting this). I know we can forget to show you our appreciation, so I will say this right now and I'm sure everyone who reads this will agree: we have to give credit where credit is undeniably due!
(chants) KingsIsle Rules! KingsIsle Rules! KingsIsle Rules!
As for my question, I will ask it as broadly as I can so that we can at least have a frame of time to wait for and to allow you ample time to make it the best it can be: can we expect the next book (or two) to be released at least before Pirate101's next birthday?
Golden Mycin Inglewood Lvl 65 Witchdoctor
P.S.
Just one more question: on average, how long does it take to release a major, mild, or minor update? Just to be clear on what I consider these to be; Major = new book(s); Mild = improving old content or adding new features (ex: the black market); and Minor = bug fixes

Thanks again for everything KI

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Serpent10611 on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
I know that everyone at KI is probably fed up with people complaining about this, but we're all trying our very hardest to maintain our patience. I've read from one of Mew's posts that you have two types of updates to choose from: adding more content for the storyline or improving what already exists (quantity or quality as I like to put it). It seems clear that you've slipped into a quality phase, which is fine, but it may have gotten a little redundant. Don't get me wrong, all the new quality content is amazing and we're all very grateful for all the effort you've put into it, but I think we can all come to an agreement that a new quantity update should be the primary goal for now. I won't lie, many of us players are very demanding and we often forget how much time and effort you guys and gals put into the game. The younger generations just keep getting less and less patient and more and more expectant for things to come to them right away (and don't be confusing me with an older person, I'm only senior in high school, so it takes a lot more guts for me to be admitting this). I know we can forget to show you our appreciation, so I will say this right now and I'm sure everyone who reads this will agree: we have to give credit where credit is undeniably due!
As for my question, I will ask it as broadly as I can so that we can at least have a frame of time to wait for and to allow you ample time to make it the best it can be: can we expect the next book (or two) to be released at least before Pirate101's next birthday?
P.S.
Just one more question: on average, how long does it take to release a major, mild, or minor update? Just to be clear on what I consider these to be; Major = new book(s); Mild = improving old content or adding new features (ex: the black market); and Minor = bug fixes

*crosses fingers* Hopefully they are working on a new update. I need one or else I'll explode! All I ever see them work on is Wizard101

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KatherineDragonBla... on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
*crosses fingers* Hopefully they are working on a new update. I need one or else I'll explode! All I ever see them work on is Wizard101
They have been working on this story update since Marleybone and Aquila were released. It must be coming soon, and I bet it'll blow our socks off!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I understand how ye feel mate, but this be KI here when the time comes the time comes, time be key.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
They have been working on this story update since Marleybone and Aquila were released. It must be coming soon, and I bet it'll blow our socks off!
Define 'soon'. And are we looking at a human time scale or a geologic scale?

I've been preaching patience, but I'm running short myself, and I am not a senior in HS, but approaching retirement age. At this point, a smaller update with a slight rise in the level cap and a bit more for maxed out pirates and those who have completed all the available content would be a mercy. I'm still enjoying the game, but eventually all my pirates on all three accounts will have maxed and there is only so much morphing one can do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 6, 2015 wrote:
Define 'soon'. And are we looking at a human time scale or a geologic scale?

I've been preaching patience, but I'm running short myself, and I am not a senior in HS, but approaching retirement age. At this point, a smaller update with a slight rise in the level cap and a bit more for maxed out pirates and those who have completed all the available content would be a mercy. I'm still enjoying the game, but eventually all my pirates on all three accounts will have maxed and there is only so much morphing one can do.
I can't help thinking about a line from Andrew Marvell's poem "To His Coy Mistress".
"Our vegetable love shall grow / Vaster than Empires and more slow."
It is moving at a glacial pace. If only someone from KI would just come on this board and explain why there has been such a delay. Maybe our own FrogFather?

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
I predict a May 2015 release. Hopefully, it will be more than 2 books. Maybe the rest of the first arc?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Serpent10611 on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
P.S.

Same here, we can't wait for the update, but take your time, we don't want to rush the awesomeness!