Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Group Names

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 14, 2008
I love this game very much and since I've had a lot of free time goofing off in-game, I thought I'd share something fun I've done in the past! Since I'm a Swashbuckler and I'm very attached to my companions, when I bring different groups of them into battle, I like to give them little names to call them by.

I.E., I like to refer to Subodai, Mustang Sally, and the Toreador Novillero's group as "Hay Fever", and El Toro, Mustang Sally, and Rooster Cogburn as "Married, By Law" (since Cogburn is/was a lawman and the two formers are a couple)
I also call Buffalo Bill, Stormy Sky, and the Yakooza thug the "Wild, Wild East".

IMO, it makes things even more enjoyable and cute.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Neat.

I only do it with one group. One of my privateers only uses the primate crew, and they are collectively know as the "Banana Brigade". Sometimes, when we are boarding any enemy ship, I refer to them as the "Monkey Marines".

-Indigo

Ensign
May 23, 2014
Indigo Ring on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Neat.

I only do it with one group. One of my privateers only uses the primate crew, and they are collectively know as the "Banana Brigade". Sometimes, when we are boarding any enemy ship, I refer to them as the "Monkey Marines".

-Indigo
That's so cute!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Shannoony on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I love this game very much and since I've had a lot of free time goofing off in-game, I thought I'd share something fun I've done in the past! Since I'm a Swashbuckler and I'm very attached to my companions, when I bring different groups of them into battle, I like to give them little names to call them by.

I.E., I like to refer to Subodai, Mustang Sally, and the Toreador Novillero's group as "Hay Fever", and El Toro, Mustang Sally, and Rooster Cogburn as "Married, By Law" (since Cogburn is/was a lawman and the two formers are a couple)
I also call Buffalo Bill, Stormy Sky, and the Yakooza thug the "Wild, Wild East".

IMO, it makes things even more enjoyable and cute.
I always refer to Sergeant Sanders, Flint Eastwood, and Rooster Cogburn as the Cool Ranch Justice Trio!

One of my favorite trios is made up of Baar, Ghor, and Khord, and I call them the Brute Force Trio.

My second favorite trio is El Toro, Lightning Ninja, and Kawil Doomclaw. Thanks to agility boosts and El Toro's ability, they have earned the name "The Untouchables".

My most favorite trio is probably Lefty, Chantal, and Bonnie Anne, and they're known as "The Firing Squad", because of their INSANE range and damage.

Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
Bacon with egg combo platter team
( ninja pig and egg shen )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MythSince08 on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Bacon with egg combo platter team
( ninja pig and egg shen )
Ooh, very clever, MythSince & welcome to the Message Boards!

Ensign
Jun 22, 2014
I would refer to:

Subodai and Temujin as The Horse Brothers!

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I never had any really funny names, but I did an do have groups of companions I used and names. I use Subodai, Fan Flanders and Bonnie Anne as my top three and I call them my "A Team" when I get bored with them I use other teams, Birgus Latro, El Toro and Subodai as my "Muscle Squad" or Bonnie, Buffalo Bill and Rooster Cogburn as "Two Misses and A Hit" (actually just thought that name up and it totally fits) or if I really want a challenge, Tricky Vinny, Crazy Monquistador, and the Crab Hermit as my "Z Team"

Clever Sam Jones

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
Wouldn't it be cool to actually name our pirate group? Mine would be called, 'The Golden Scale Pirates', since my flag has a golden crocodile on it....and my character was raised in Krokotopia.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My Buccaneer refers to Kobe Yojimbo and Moomori as the Samoorai Brothers; but otherwise I haven't been giving names to groups of companions.