Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"The Item failed to redeem"

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I have three accounts on P101...on two of the accounts (both with active subscriptions) I have a growing list of redeemable gift items, but every time I try to accept any of the gifts, it keeps saying "The Item failed to redeem"...why is this? Is it because of the multiple accounts? I seem to recall accepting gifts and special offers on multiple accounts before with no problem. Is this a new policy?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

No new policy or anything causing the error, just technical gremlins. We are working toward a solution. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

No new policy or anything causing the error, just technical gremlins. We are working toward a solution. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.
OK, Who fed the Mogwai after midnight

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

Thank you for the info Bonnie-- guess the programming got fed after midnight! I am having the same problem on my second account, the one with Valkoor on it. I was able to redeem all of the items/gifts on my son's pirate for the other account though.

Should we still continue to send in an email about the problem to support (if haven't already done so) or is it a case of when the solution is found, will it just be fixed "Spiral wide" with you just posting a notification here on the boards letting us know it's been fixed and we can then redeem the gifts?

Thanks a lot

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
galliard1 on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
I have three accounts on P101...on two of the accounts (both with active subscriptions) I have a growing list of redeemable gift items, but every time I try to accept any of the gifts, it keeps saying "The Item failed to redeem"...why is this? Is it because of the multiple accounts? I seem to recall accepting gifts and special offers on multiple accounts before with no problem. Is this a new policy?
I had this problem recently and I can now redeem gifts. Not sure if this fixed the problem or not but what I did was defragmented my hard drive that had the Pirate101 game on it and cleared my cache from my Browsers and deleted all the temporary files that windows tends to keep around.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2014
I had this problem relogging seemed to do the trick

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Sometimes relogging in helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes shifting to a different computer helps and sometimes it doesn't. It's frustrating, particularly when I'm trying to claim an additional housing elixir (why spend crowns when I have three of the wretched things already?).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Sometimes relogging in helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes shifting to a different computer helps and sometimes it doesn't. It's frustrating, particularly when I'm trying to claim an additional housing elixir (why spend crowns when I have three of the wretched things already?).
Yeah, I've got some gold just sitting there waiting to be claimed with a sure-to-be hybrid's name on it. Sure gold is easy enough to come by these days.....but THAT gold is special gold and destined for great things-- for this I'm sure of.

Plus, I have some other pretty cool things just waiting to be claimed. I have logged in and out so many times, I morphed into a Lumberjack (Scarlet, can I become an honorary member of your proud family and it's heritage?) Yeah, logging in and out does nothing at all for me.

Bonnie, not sure if you saw my question in the previous post, but should we just wait out the fix and await for word from you...or should we still continue to send in emails to support, if haven't already done so?

Thank you much

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well good news, I was finally able to redeem the gifts that were waiting in the wings. I even got a nice, festive Caroling Budgie as a surprise item from a gift card-- Hark the Harold Budgie sings! I didn't do anything special, so hopefully the gremlins have been tamed and the problem has been fixed for all you other players having the same issue.

Best of luck on collecting all your goodies.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 26, 2014 wrote:
Well good news, I was finally able to redeem the gifts that were waiting in the wings. I even got a nice, festive Caroling Budgie as a surprise item from a gift card-- Hark the Harold Budgie sings! I didn't do anything special, so hopefully the gremlins have been tamed and the problem has been fixed for all you other players having the same issue.

Best of luck on collecting all your goodies.
Well seems like the gremlins are of the hopping sort, as Valkoor was able to redeem all his goodies, but now my son's pirate (on separate account) can't collect/redeem a gift that he has waiting for him-- I believe something called the Krampus stocking...maybe?

Stubborn ol' gremlins.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Still having issues with this. It seems to me that if I look in my pirate's backpack before trying to redeem a gift, I can't redeem it until I log out and log back in.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
The dreaded "Failed to Redeem" error is occurring again when I try to redeem the Groundhog Pet I just received (or any other item in the received gift area). Are other people having problems?

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I am now able to redeem Gifts using this account. Not sure what was done to fix the problem. The only thing that I did other than my normal routine was to change hats on the Pirate that was having the problem. Thank you KI.