Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Call To The Pack - Ship/Turret Hunting for Scrip

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am organizing a call to the pack for hunting, en masse to scrub some skyways clear of some ships and turrets to relieve them of their Scrip.

I have one planned for tonight, Wednesday December 10th at 3pm Central until all the pack members curl up for the night. Same play as in Test Realm:

We will meet at the Isle of Dogs docks but this time in Vadima Realm. I will also check the docks at the top of each hour for about 10 minutes.

I created a "Call to the Pack" page on the Stars of the Spiral web page that includes a calender of scheduled times.

I also have scheduled for Friday December 12th at 3pm Central and
Saturday December 13 at Noon Central.

If you would like other times, Please list them here and I will add them to the Calendar
It does not HAVE to be me to run point for the pack, any of you can do it. Just let me know when you want a date entered and where you want your pack to meet for your hunt and I will add it to the calendar.

Ratbeard was so generous as to lower the prices of some choice items so I am REALLY excited to gather in that scrip and shove it in my Scrip Chests to save up for my "On The Moon" items
Thank you Ratbeard.

Developer
Let me know what you think of the new drop rates.

You should notice a significant difference in your total hourly gain.

(Assuming, that is, that you take my oft-repeated advice not to attempt to simply farm towers.)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Here are some very preliminary statistics. Hunting ships in Aquila, I sank ten ships, received scrip awards from thee of them for 3, 1, and 2 scrip. So, not rolling it the stuff. On the other hand working with a pack and sinking ships faster will increase the speed at which you acquire the stuff.

My first Challenge Match was amusing: three (solo) fights = six companions OOA, my pirate down (we came this close to winning the third fight!) and a reward of 17 scrip. El Toro barely survived the first round of the first match (he emphatically did NOT survive round 2). They are not kidding about the "Challenge" bit...

Nice to have something new for the level 65 pirates while we wait for the new chapter(s).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Let me know what you think of the new drop rates.

You should notice a significant difference in your total hourly gain.

(Assuming, that is, that you take my oft-repeated advice not to attempt to simply farm towers.)
Yes Sir, I heard you loud and clear. I worked pretty hard today and only stopped to let my elderly dog out (that happens a lot, he's 14 and when he says he has to go he MEANS it or I have cleaning to do) Plus that 10 minutes out of each hour of The Call To The Pack hours to wait at the docks for more joining pack members. I actually got totally wore out (Staying up all night to finish the web page and waiting up for the site to make it live so I could get the link for you here didn't help either lol. )

Then...........I blame it all on the new house, I couldn't take a nap when all that cool stuff was waiting to be explored . SO after pulling an all nighter and working for a few hours in the morning with the Twitter flock forming a pack and with delightful joiners from here. Then adding the hours I worked The Call To The Pack time frame I came away with a total of 642 Scrip. That is NOT counting the free scrip we are given. Those are all scavenged scrip.

Your drop rates are VERY encouraging and the reduced prices in the Black Market have truly given me hope to get the awesome goods delightfully sooner than I had guessed.

Thank you kind Sir. This Marauding Wolf is VERY happy

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
A second decade of Opedian ships sunk (in the interests of Science, of course): four yielded scrip, in the amounts of 5, 5, 9, and 13. So much higher amounts than the first ten I sank. Not a big sample space, but roughly 1/3 of ships seem to be dropping scrip.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
I am organizing a call to the pack for hunting, en masse to scrub some skyways clear of some ships and turrets to relieve them of their Scrip.

I have one planned for tonight, Wednesday December 10th at 3pm Central until all the pack members curl up for the night. Same play as in Test Realm:

We will meet at the Isle of Dogs docks but this time in Vadima Realm. I will also check the docks at the top of each hour for about 10 minutes.

I created a "Call to the Pack" page on the Stars of the Spiral web page that includes a calender of scheduled times.

If you would like other times, Please list them here and I will add them to the Calendar
It does not HAVE to be me to run point for the pack, any of you can do it. Just let me know when you want a date entered and where you want your pack to meet for your hunt and I will add it to the calendar.

Ratbeard was so generous as to lower the prices of some choice items so I am REALLY excited to gather in that scrip and shove it in my Scrip Chests to save up for my "On The Moon" items
Thank you Ratbeard.
Alas, I found your post too late for the Wednesday meet up. I'll try to make it on Friday. Saturday is doubtful, night owls don't do mornings. (central time is two hours ahead of me)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

Thank you Ratbeard.
Well, I will surely do my best to join the friday and saturday meetings. I've been out of the spiral for too long.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

Thank you Ratbeard.
This sounds like fun i wanna join i am mostly free over the weekend but on the week i have school so during that time i can make it around 4 or 5 ill try to make to the firday day but you can count on the talon to be on the weeked just a quick question on Saturday its going to be 12.00 central time is that right?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Well, I will surely do my best to join the friday and saturday meetings. I've been out of the spiral for too long.
*disbelieves eyes* *cleans glasses* Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh SCARLET!!!!!!!!! You're back!!!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warrior021u on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
This sounds like fun i wanna join i am mostly free over the weekend but on the week i have school so during that time i can make it around 4 or 5 ill try to make to the firday day but you can count on the talon to be on the weeked just a quick question on Saturday its going to be 12.00 central time is that right?
Yes, the calendar is based on Central time zone. You are the reason I started at 3 instead of 4 on the weekdays to give you more time. If later is better than I will be happy to adjust, although we continue for some time after the posted ending times

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *Tackle strength Chrissy Hug* Scarlet You're BACK Welcome back from the wilds of the Great White North. You have been greatly missed and I rejoice at your arrival back to the spiral. *Hands mug of hot buttered Yum to warm you up*

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
This should be good. I'll try to make it on Friday and Saturday. Am I correct that 3 pm central time is the 4:00 in eastern time?

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes, the calendar is based on Central time zone. You are the reason I started at 3 instead of 4 on the weekdays to give you more time. If later is better than I will be happy to adjust, although we continue for some time after the posted ending times
thanks chrissy don't worry about it thats a good time for me i just could be a little late my school is kind of rough sometimes and i need to do a math quiz 0_0

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
This should be good. I'll try to make it on Friday and Saturday. Am I correct that 3 pm central time is the 4:00 in eastern time?
You are correct I look forward to seeing you there

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
What is a scrip?
Talk to The Town Cryer and Dockmaster Dan and they will explain all. Well Update notes will help too.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Aye, aye! I may be un-up-to-date and out-of-the-loop, but you can count me in!

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Had fun on Friday afternoon. Spent about 4 hours out in aquila skyway and came out a little over 700 script to the good. That includes time spent making pack room and lag monster attacks. For starting out on Vadima, not sure how we ended up on Avery but the skyway was packed.

It was difficult to aquire a target before it was sunk. Clicked on so many player ships trying to target the enemy, was really wishing for my select nearest enemy key from another game I play. It was fun but tedious with the lag, at times it was a few seconds after something sunk that I got the message on my screen of the loot.

I'll try to get in on Saturday before everyone gives up for the day. Though to be honest I think it is a good thing I am not really worried about buying much from the black market. I couldn't deal with the lag on a consistant basis and not sure solo will bring in all that much. And I want to know, why is the word lag outlawed in the chat?

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes Sir, I heard you loud and clear. I worked pretty hard today and only stopped to let my elderly dog out (that happens a lot, he's 14 and when he says he has to go he MEANS it or I have cleaning to do) Plus that 10 minutes out of each hour of The Call To The Pack hours to wait at the docks for more joining pack members. I actually got totally wore out (Staying up all night to finish the web page and waiting up for the site to make it live so I could get the link for you here didn't help either lol. )

Then...........I blame it all on the new house, I couldn't take a nap when all that cool stuff was waiting to be explored . SO after pulling an all nighter and working for a few hours in the morning with the Twitter flock forming a pack and with delightful joiners from here. Then adding the hours I worked The Call To The Pack time frame I came away with a total of 642 Scrip. That is NOT counting the free scrip we are given. Those are all scavenged scrip.

Your drop rates are VERY encouraging and the reduced prices in the Black Market have truly given me hope to get the awesome goods delightfully sooner than I had guessed.

Thank you kind Sir. This Marauding Wolf is VERY happy
You make it all sound so rosy, Chrissy. Ratbeard said: "You should notice a significant difference in your total hourly gain.". So, I'd like to know how many hours it took you to gain that 642 scrip? Another thing I am curious about is after logging in today, I went to the black market and could find no decrease in prices for anything there. What has been reduced in price that you're talking about? The item I want is 12000 scrip, by your experience with 642 scrip in one day, that would take me approx 2 weeks of nonstop killing ships over and over and over. Not my idea of fun at all. And I tested the arena a few days before the update and that's even worse. After 3 fights and losing 3 companions I received a total of 6 scrip which was pathetic. All in all, the process of acquiring scrip is way too time consuming for the rewards given in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
Had fun on Friday afternoon. Spent about 4 hours out in aquila skyway and came out a little over 700 script to the good. That includes time spent making pack room and lag monster attacks. For starting out on Vadima, not sure how we ended up on Avery but the skyway was packed.

It was difficult to aquire a target before it was sunk. Clicked on so many player ships trying to target the enemy, was really wishing for my select nearest enemy key from another game I play. It was fun but tedious with the lag, at times it was a few seconds after something sunk that I got the message on my screen of the loot.

I'll try to get in on Saturday before everyone gives up for the day. Though to be honest I think it is a good thing I am not really worried about buying much from the black market. I couldn't deal with the lag on a consistant basis and not sure solo will bring in all that much. And I want to know, why is the word lag outlawed in the chat?
Use your bracket keys to pop from one target to another. It works open or close bracket. (Right next to the letter "P").

We wound up on Avery cause the pack had assembled early just by chance on Avery. If Lag, or delay for the limited chatters, gets too bad, just let me know and we can split the pack and switch to a quieter realm.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I made over 300 scrip on that last run. That armada station really packs a punch! Combine that and beach heads cannon's! Anyways, I had some good fun on this scrip hunt.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
Use your bracket keys to pop from one target to another. It works open or close bracket. (Right next to the letter "P").

We wound up on Avery cause the pack had assembled early just by chance on Avery. If Lag, or delay for the limited chatters, gets too bad, just let me know and we can split the pack and switch to a quieter realm.
Thanks for the targeting tip! I'll have to try that out.

For the sake of science, my results on Saturday were around 440 script in about 3 hours on Vadima realm. I joined the pack late that day so I think things were winding down a bit.

Not sure if I will be back on Monday, depends on the devs' bug hunting skills and hot fixes. I found a nasty bug in the bank (reported in The Bilge Pump) that makes me not even want to touch anything in the bank for fear it wouldn't be what I started with. I use the bank to move all the loot we find ship hunting to alts for coin (minus what is worth keeping ). So I am laying low for now and just logging in to train pets and give crew orders. Sad the pets I wanted to morph are on different characters so that project has to wait too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Grintch on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
You make it all sound so rosy, Chrissy. Ratbeard said: "You should notice a significant difference in your total hourly gain.". So, I'd like to know how many hours it took you to gain that 642 scrip? Another thing I am curious about is after logging in today, I went to the black market and could find no decrease in prices for anything there. What has been reduced in price that you're talking about? The item I want is 12000 scrip, by your experience with 642 scrip in one day, that would take me approx 2 weeks of nonstop killing ships over and over and over. Not my idea of fun at all. And I tested the arena a few days before the update and that's even worse. After 3 fights and losing 3 companions I received a total of 6 scrip which was pathetic. All in all, the process of acquiring scrip is way too time consuming for the rewards given in my opinion.
The price for the deluxe captain's cabin is reduced by 2/3. The Expensive scrip items are not designed to be easily gotten. That is what makes them all the sweeter once you use some discipline and do the work needed and show restraint and SAVE your scrip to get the choice things. This will keep us busy until the next book is ready for sure.
The arena scrip amounts have really increased too. The two times in test that I did it I got 137 scrip. I have seen reports from several players of getting well over 400 scrip for this now. Things are indeed MUCH easier for us but they are still, by design, a tough haul. What is the point of an exclusive item if everyone can easily get it. It is the personification of a great reward for a hard job well done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
More runs have been scheduled for this week. If you wish to plan your own pack hunt time, just let me know and I can put it on the calendar.
I also made a thread on Central to post the awesome pictures from our pack shenanigans.

The turnout for Pack Hunts has been wonderful and you guys sure are good at clearing the skyways.......repeatedly.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
More runs have been scheduled for this week. If you wish to plan your own pack hunt time, just let me know and I can put it on the calendar.
I also made a thread on Central to post the awesome pictures from our pack shenanigans.

The turnout for Pack Hunts has been wonderful and you guys sure are good at clearing the skyways.......repeatedly.
I think 'clearing the Skyways' is an understatement. It's more like we repeatedly crush anything that dares sail near us because we're so desperate to earn scrip.