Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Prepaid cards at Gamestop?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
Is the advertisement (on this website) for prepaid cards at gamestop correct? I went to buy a $10 card from there and they were all deactivated. Meaning they couldn't sell them to anyone. I really wanted the santa crawlie and now I cant get it. I have heard other people say the same thing in their area as well. So could someone please help me out here with some information of whats going on? Thanks

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Captain Nakita on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Is the advertisement (on this website) for prepaid cards at gamestop correct? I went to buy a $10 card from there and they were all deactivated. Meaning they couldn't sell them to anyone. I really wanted the santa crawlie and now I cant get it. I have heard other people say the same thing in their area as well. So could someone please help me out here with some information of whats going on? Thanks
Game Cards are deactivated until activated at the Register, maybe they're having some trouble activating prepaid game cards at the moment?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I was able to buy a Wilding Walktopus game card from Gamestop in Los Angeles back in November. I guess it depends on the Gamestop. Try calling before going to the store as not all Gamestops carry all the Kingsisle cards and, from what you say, some can't be activated.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
The Walktopus cards are the $20 card /and there is no problem with them. The $10 card is the one with the Crawlie - All the game stops in the Colorado metro area are showing that the item is Invalid - aka / they can not ring it up to activate it. If you look online at the game stop web site / they show that the 10 card is NOT available so yes there is a big problem here and only a few days left to fix it before we have a herd of unhappy children (and adults) at christmas time.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

In doing some research, it does look like the $10 card at Gamestop is no longer available. We will work towards updating the information on the website to reflect this change. Sorry for the confusion!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
Thanks Bonnie Anne.
that just means no one can even get the santa crawlie now.