Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Death and Taxes: The Most Atrocious Dungeon

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Last Saturday, I finally entered the beautiful (AND DEADLY!!!) realm of MooShu, home of the Samoorai (AND THE NINJA PIGS!!!). And I am absolutely SHOCKED at how they spiked the difficulty. Death and Taxes (Your first instance in MooShu) is HARD! I'm a level 41 with a fully promoted Old Scratch, Lucy Sterling, Exeter, Uga Buga, Bonnie Anne (Excluding Marleybone promotion) and Ratbeard (Excluding Marleybone promotion)
and still can't get past the first fight in the Barracks!

There's a level 35 Barracks Guard will absolutely send you FLYING. He has over 2,000 HP and sweeps even El Toro off his feet.

There's a level 38 Bull Ronin with low HP (about 1,385), but attacks like crazy! He can dish out 207 damage in one turn, and blocks everything Barnabus does.

And the Bushis have the same description as the Barracks Guard.

The Crossbowman are TERRIFYING! They attack you from the rear and never stop doing a critical hit!

And I'm afraid that if I can't get past the fight in the Barracks, the rest of Death and Taxes will be even harder for me.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Have to agree, first time i Did this, I sucked at the combat, and died like 500 times with el toro promoted :P

I'm in port regal forth time on my privateer, I can't wait to die another 500 times at mooshu.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mark Laveer on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Last Saturday, I finally entered the beautiful (AND DEADLY!!!) realm of MooShu, home of the Samoorai (AND THE NINJA PIGS!!!). And I am absolutely SHOCKED at how they spiked the difficulty. Death and Taxes (Your first instance in MooShu) is HARD! I'm a level 41 with a fully promoted Old Scratch, Lucy Sterling, Exeter, Uga Buga, Bonnie Anne (Excluding Marleybone promotion) and Ratbeard (Excluding Marleybone promotion)

There's a level 35 Barracks Guard will absolutely send you FLYING. He has over 2,000 HP and sweeps even El Toro off his feet.

There's a level 38 Bull Ronin with low HP (about 1,385), but attacks like crazy! He can dish out 207 damage in one turn, and blocks everything Barnabus does.

The Crossbowman are TERRIFYING! They attack you from the rear and never stop doing a critical hit!

And I'm afraid that if I can't get past the fight in the Barracks, the rest of Death and Taxes will be even harder for me.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Yes, it is harder after the barracks fight. I suggest do all side quests available.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Try to space you and your companions out so that no one companion can get surrounded or targeted by all the enemies. Be sure to allow enough space so you can reach each group to assist when needed. Try to focus two companions on an enemy wearing them down. You yourself will be traveling to each side helping kill off the enemies or heal companions as needed.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Mark Laveer on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
attack one guy at a time use musketeers to fight swashbucklers or find a team up