Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Best Way To Go Through The Game?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
So I'm ready to start working on my 5th and final character..

The buccaneer. My philosophy while questing on characters this game is, speed through the quests, get to max.

However I want to try a different style of questing so I ask you guys, the ever so insightful messageboards for help! How do you progress through the game? Wait for a buddy? Speed through solo calling upon the friendly Gods for assistance as you need?

Tell meh your tricks

Level 65

Level 64

Level 50

Level 53

Level 12

yadayada

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:

The buccaneer. My philosophy while questing on characters this game is, speed through the quests, get to max.

However I want to try a different style of questing so I ask you guys, the ever so insightful messageboards for help! How do you progress through the game? Wait for a buddy? Speed through solo calling upon the friendly Gods for assistance as you need?

Tell meh your tricks

Level 65

Level 64

Level 50

Level 53

Level 12

yadayada
Well sorry, I am not a good one for helping ya here. I love to take my time and enjoy all the things the dev's put into this wonderful game. Why hurry up and wait? Enjoy the journey and have some fun at the same time.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
My advice do side quest and get above the average level then with the companion points you get level your companions then if you have enough gold by a decent ship that can help you wipe enemy ships away

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My style is this: do the main quests in the area/world, then before I move on the next worlds/quest line; finish the side quests ( I collect them when I see them, its hard to go back looking for a quest you missed ).
The advantage to doing side quests - extra xp, sometimes a companion or special rewards, & just plain funny scripts/stories.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:

Tell meh your tricks

Level 65

Level 64

Level 50

Level 53

Level 12

yadayada
i can help you there, i got a max of every class

find a GREAT friend and ask them to help you out with your quests

ill admit, i had a great friend of mine backpack 3 of my characters to max level
(no i didnt ask him to be honest)
but i totally think he is awesome for helping me get to max on those, stay awesome Sly Austin Orton (lvl 65 SB)

all lvl 65
Logan Sharp
Clever Logan Strong
Reckless Logan Bowman
Slick Logan Kent
Silent Logan Emmet

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I do the opposite of what everyone else does. I get all new quests in an area, and I switch to one of those, I finish side quests before moving on with the main quests. I fight all boss battles at least five times, to see if anything new drops. In this manner, all of my later pirates end up "over-leveled" and have a slightly easier time of it than my first pirate did on her way through the Spiral.

Ensign
Jan 12, 2011
The way I quest is I find a buddy into one of us stops/goes offline. Then I find another buddy, so on so on. After each world I would try to get ever companion to the same level as you, then when you go to the next world you'll be set. Do sides quests as well for best level you can get for the next area.

Golden Connor Grant

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
What i did for my Buccaneer is do all the side quests from Skull Island to Moo Shu, as well as the main quests. That is a great way to reach Max level early on.

Another way is do all the side quests in Valencia, Cool Ranch and Moo Shu. Valencia due to it's small size and in my opinon very easily can be done in one or two gaming sessions. Cool Ranch due to it's immense size and Moo Shu belive it or not it got the most side quests so far in the whole spiral.These 3 worlds are very good way to level up rapidly and make Marylebone and Aquila easier to work through at least for me in my experience as a pirate101 player.

I hope this help and happy sailing.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Take your time really role-play and enjoy everything. Take in the scenery, read all the text, and fight all the battles simply enjoying the fight. Help other people you see in the area and stay a while before moving on.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think any way that seems enjoyable to you, is the right answer for you.

For me it just depends on the world & the tediousness of the side quests in that particular world. I always collect every side quest that I come across & when in a new location I search that entire area to make sure I find any 'off the beaten path' quests. I generally do the side quests that I come across after I finish most of the main quests in that world, unless it has a good reward that may get me a few extra companion tomes or put me over the edge & promote me to the next level for my pirate and/or for my nautical level.

If time in game is hard to come by, you can save a lots of it in the game by holding off on side quests of the defeat x enemy, defeat x number of ships, collect x number of items. Chances are with most of those kinds of quests, you are going to have several quests that require you to battle against the same enemies, creatures &/or ships. If I come across one of these types of side quests, I try not to do them straight away, because in most cases I know that there will be more of them to come as I progress in that current world.

By saving these until you move on to higher levels, you can knock them all out at once & cut your time in battle way down because you will be much a much higher level. It can be quite a time sapper, if you pick up a side quest to defeat 7 enemy ships, do the quest, return for your reward, then stumble upon another NPC that wants you to 5 collect items from those same ships, go do that quest, come back for reward, move to another area & find yet another NPC that requests you to defeat 8 more of those same ships...

Cool Ranch is a huge world & a big time investment in it's own right, so that's one of those worlds that I make sure to collect & hold off on those kind of quests until I am a world or two past it. Then I come back at a much higher level & cut the time to accomplish those quests way down. That is unless the reward is too good to pass up.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Ever heard the phrase, "Stop to eat the grass on the road of life?" Well...... It went something like that, anyway. But that's besides the point.

What I'm trying to say is: When playing, try and do all the side quests you can in one world before you move onto the next. Not only does it help, but it unlocks companions - maybe gets you some companions, and has some fun dialogue. And that's another thing. Take time to enjoy the dialogue. There's a lot of good tidbits, all thanks to our one and only Blind Mew.

Cheers!

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I do every quest I can get the plus side level 63 start in aquila bad side level 63 start in aquila I have yet to get past the quest faun baby faun I max out before I can finish it.