Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we talk about Bruno Chapel?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
Grinding for the Phule equipment in Bruno Chapel has to be the most annoying thing I've done in this game to date.

I like the combat in this game, and I have no problem with grinding fights. But Bruno Chapel is extremely tedious. I have two objectives, defeat Servus Albus and defeat Servus Carbo. That isn't much of a problem itself. What is a problem is that there are three Musketeers that all have Overwatch and Quick Adjust, and three Buccaneers that all have Hold the Line. Moving a single space in this fight adds quite a bit of time to it just because of the animations. This also makes advancing with any of your units a massive time waster.

But what makes it more annoying is the positioning of Servus Albus and Servus Carbo. There are exactly two spaces in between them at the start of the fight. Two. Gunnery and similar AoE abilities can't really be used on the first turn, and they usually space themselves away from each other by the second.

I liked the fight the first time I went in. But when you have to grind it? The extremely low drop rate on everything (not just the Phule equipment) added on top of the previously listed problems just makes this feel slow and tedious.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Enjoy the fight get really involved in it and don't get too caught up in how much time its taking. After all imagination and losing yourself in the imagery is what playing a game is all about. If your getting tired take a break and do something else for a while.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
I think the dungeon itself is fine the way it is. You can pretty much just run through to that battle and carbo and albus are relatively easy to beat it really isn't a problem if you use the green rat voodoo thing.

Fun fact:
Did you know that Carbo is Latin for black and Albus is Latin for white?

Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
Coyle Thundershard on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
I think the dungeon itself is fine the way it is. You can pretty much just run through to that battle and carbo and albus are relatively easy to beat it really isn't a problem if you use the green rat voodoo thing.

Fun fact:
They are relatively easy to beat. But because of all the Hold the Lines and Overwatches, it just takes forever to get to them, let alone actually kill them.

I made ~45k gold getting the Medallion. The sad part is that I was only getting ~700 gold per fight. Still, the fights usually took four turns and that time really adds up. For a character at 18, grinding for the equipment when you're at a relevant level takes way too long.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Coyle Thundershard on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:

Fun fact:
Green rat voodoo thing? Sorry my brain is not translating for me. Could you please elaborate?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Green rat voodoo thing? Sorry my brain is not translating for me. Could you please elaborate?
I believe Coyle Thundershard is referring to Ghostwail, Chrissy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ghost wail.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Seadog Swampy on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Grinding for the Phule equipment in Bruno Chapel has to be the most annoying thing I've done in this game to date.

I like the combat in this game, and I have no problem with grinding fights. But Bruno Chapel is extremely tedious. I have two objectives, defeat Servus Albus and defeat Servus Carbo. That isn't much of a problem itself. What is a problem is that there are three Musketeers that all have Overwatch and Quick Adjust, and three Buccaneers that all have Hold the Line. Moving a single space in this fight adds quite a bit of time to it just because of the animations. This also makes advancing with any of your units a massive time waster.

But what makes it more annoying is the positioning of Servus Albus and Servus Carbo. There are exactly two spaces in between them at the start of the fight. Two. Gunnery and similar AoE abilities can't really be used on the first turn, and they usually space themselves away from each other by the second.

I liked the fight the first time I went in. But when you have to grind it? The extremely low drop rate on everything (not just the Phule equipment) added on top of the previously listed problems just makes this feel slow and tedious.
lol don't worry about it man. think of it like this.
you get to smash a ton of clockworks. doesn't that feel satisfying?
not only do the other drops that you don't want sell for decent gold. but you get decent gold in the first place. i grinded and got the meadilion (witch really was what i wanted) my friend got the wand AND mask with little trouble. just have some decently high leveldd shooters do some sniping. simple as that.

Jason Carter level 50 Buccaneer

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
You know the spell in the witchdoctor class that summons all those rats that are ghosts and green

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I believe Coyle Thundershard is referring to Ghostwail, Chrissy!
Ohhhh, they move so fast It never really registered to me that they were rats doing the attacking. I just thought it was ectoplasm on steroids.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
On my witchdoctor when I was farming for Phule's wand I tried about 15 times and I finally got it. My strategy was using the snake lady that witch's get at Aquila and since she gets Mournsong I used her attack to attack Servus or the other one and I did the same cause I of course have Mournsong. I really don't know why other classes farm there unless they actually do want the gear.