Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Newbies and Fan Fiction

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a bright, shiny new membership this morning and am now able to post on the boards. *does a little happy dance* I've been reading them since I first started playing the game and have been dying to join in the conversation. Its going to be a blast; you guys are like the 'Framily' from the Sprint commercials, only bigger and better!

As for fan fiction, do any of you fine fellows read it much? I do, and some of the entries are simply fantastic. I especially love D. S. Devereaux's "On the Streets of Dogs" saga and Nimble Ginelle Quinn's epic adventure "The Toymaker". I highly suggest that you guys browse the archives because there are some truly enjoyable reads in there! I've even been inspired to try my hand at my own story. As for submitting it, I'm unsure of its quality, but there's no harm in trying right?

Thanks for reading and fair sailing!
~Gibbsie

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Gibbs on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a bright, shiny new membership this morning and am now able to post on the boards. *does a little happy dance* I've been reading them since I first started playing the game and have been dying to join in the conversation. Its going to be a blast; you guys are like the 'Framily' from the Sprint commercials, only bigger and better!

As for fan fiction, do any of you fine fellows read it much? I do, and some of the entries are simply fantastic. I especially love D. S. Devereaux's "On the Streets of Dogs" saga and Nimble Ginelle Quinn's epic adventure "The Toymaker". I highly suggest that you guys browse the archives because there are some truly enjoyable reads in there! I've even been inspired to try my hand at my own story. As for submitting it, I'm unsure of its quality, but there's no harm in trying right?

~Gibbsie
Wecome to the Message Boards! We are kind of like a big 'Framily', and we're glad to have a new member!

Fan Fiction is wonderful to read, and I think both of us are debating sending something in. I'm also huge fan of On the Streets of Dogs. Hench (wo)man for Hire, and the Companion short stories are great too. A Survivor's Word is also in my list, and I love Anne Radcliffe's stories. Anything that Sam Underhill writes is sure to make you laugh. Bother. There are too many amazing fan fictions to list here.

I think you should send your fan fiction in. I bet it will be fantastic!

Swift winds and fair skies to ye!
-Misty

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
WELCOME! i haven't posted in like a week so ya your the first person to get my return post. anyways welcome to the message boards you will love it here, we have party's, fun topics, and other neat little things we can help you with whatever you need from farming to questing to a simple question. i was up all night farming bishop and hatching and i completed his set and got a hybrid so i'm pretty tired but again welcome!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Hey everyone,

~Gibbsie
Hi there!

Welcome to the boards! I don't frequent this place as much as I should, but I know it to be one of the kindest, most supportive places in the entire community.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed my fan-fiction. I loved writing On the Streets of Dogs! I've been following fan-fiction since it was first added to the website and there is so much talent within those archives. I can't wait to see what you have to submit when it's up on the site; There is definitely no harm in trying and I'm sure it's going to be great!

Best regards,

Destiny

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey everyone,

~Gibbsie
Welcome to the message boards, Gibbsie

So glad that you could get that new membership and join in on the fun and fantastic conversations here on the boards. There's such a great and diverse group of pirates and marauders that take up posting residence here and they are all great people. The P101 community in general is quite a friendly, helpful, intelligent and creative bunch.

And as you noted, there a great many talented writers that submit to Fan Fiction. I am sure that even some that don't get accepted are truly fantastic as well. I enjoy reading so many of the great stories in the Fan Fiction and I wish you the best of luck on your works and inspired creations as well.

Again, welcome to the boards and best of luck to you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hey everyone,

~Gibbsie
Hi Gibbsie, welcome to the message boards.
Absolutely send in your fan fiction. Jack is a wonderful and compassionate editor and will help you succeed in the best way.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Hey everyone,

~Gibbsie
Glad to have ya here mate! I wish you the best of luck with your story :D

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Thanks everyone! It's wonderful to be so warmly received. I'm working on my story right now and am super excited to see it through to the end. Thanks again for your support and encouragement. I'll see you in the skyways!

~Gibbsie

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Welcome aboard the message boards friend, hope ye have a lot of fun here hahaha.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan