Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rival Pirate Republic?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
In Wizard101, Ravenwood is rivaled by Pigswick Academy in Wysteria. I'd love to have that concept brought over to Pirate101. At lvl 30, Captain Avery could "call" us over to him to tell us about a rival pirate republic in a place called Sharphook Island in a skyway at the opposite end of the Skull Island world. The "ruler" of Sharphook Island, Captain Douglas, challenges Skull Island to a tournament for bragging rights as the "Greatest Pirate Haven" and the treasure of the most feared pirate in the Spiral: Davy Jones himself. As with the wizards, the pirates first get the basic tour of Sharphook Island by meeting Captain Douglas and the class trainers and then completing tasks in between the tournament battles. Upon winning the tournament, our pirate wins not only great prestige and the treasure of Davy Jones, but also a large, golden, skull-and-crossbones trophy (no million-dollar check ).
This is, of course, a side adventure. I hope KI can pull this through Pirate101, at least after the next book goes live.
Golden Mycin Inglewood lvl 65 Witchdoctor

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
In Wizard101, Ravenwood is rivaled by Pigswick Academy in Wysteria. I'd love to have that concept brought over to Pirate101. At lvl 30, Captain Avery could "call" us over to him to tell us about a rival pirate republic in a place called Sharphook Island in a skyway at the opposite end of the Skull Island world. The "ruler" of Sharphook Island, Captain Douglas, challenges Skull Island to a tournament for bragging rights as the "Greatest Pirate Haven" and the treasure of the most feared pirate in the Spiral: Davy Jones himself. As with the wizards, the pirates first get the basic tour of Sharphook Island by meeting Captain Douglas and the class trainers and then completing tasks in between the tournament battles. Upon winning the tournament, our pirate wins not only great prestige and the treasure of Davy Jones, but also a large, golden, skull-and-crossbones trophy (no million-dollar check ).
This is, of course, a side adventure. I hope KI can pull this through Pirate101, at least after the next book goes live.
Golden Mycin Inglewood lvl 65 Witchdoctor
Technically, I'm not sure Skull Island is an official Pirate Republic yet, that's something Avery wants to do, but it hasn't happened yet.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Great Idea, Serpent. Only, instead of copying a Wizard 101 side world plot I was thinking that Blind Mew and the development team might want to work the idea in like this: After the player character and crew defeat the Armada and waken the sleeping power in El Dorado, we find that evil pirates from other pirate havens flourish in the power vacuum left by the destruction of Valencia's navy. It even seems that some powerful, wicked genius may be organizing them into a lawless armada of his (or her) own. The PC discovers this malevolent intent when Captain Avery sends the PC to a previously unmentioned Skull Island skyway on some errand, foils the plot to take over Skull Island, then travels to a new skyway in every previously visited world (to help keep them free, since the PC healed each world of tyranny in some way) as well as a new pirate haven world in between each revisited world. This would be a very Piratical theme for Pirate101's second arc! The Evil Genius behind the organization of the malicious pirates could be whatever power Marco Pollo warned us not to disturb, or any other villain the creative team has been thinking of to replace Kane and his Armada. Either way, the PC feels personal accountability (like in Marleybone) which drives the PC to quest for the deliverance of the downtrodden people in the spiral. (Relax, El Toro, They get the idea!)
Dead-eye Davy Jones (himself)

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Row4n412 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Great Idea, Serpent. Only, instead of copying a Wizard 101 side world plot I was thinking that Blind Mew and the development team might want to work the idea in like this: After the player character and crew defeat the Armada and waken the sleeping power in El Dorado, we find that evil pirates from other pirate havens flourish in the power vacuum left by the destruction of Valencia's navy. It even seems that some powerful, wicked genius may be organizing them into a lawless armada of his (or her) own. The PC discovers this malevolent intent when Captain Avery sends the PC to a previously unmentioned Skull Island skyway on some errand, foils the plot to take over Skull Island, then travels to a new skyway in every previously visited world (to help keep them free, since the PC healed each world of tyranny in some way) as well as a new pirate haven world in between each revisited world. This would be a very Piratical theme for Pirate101's second arc! The Evil Genius behind the organization of the malicious pirates could be whatever power Marco Pollo warned us not to disturb, or any other villain the creative team has been thinking of to replace Kane and his Armada. Either way, the PC feels personal accountability (like in Marleybone) which drives the PC to quest for the deliverance of the downtrodden people in the spiral. (Relax, El Toro, They get the idea!)
It's official, I'm utterly impressed; well done
First off, it solves the problem of what could happen after the Armada are dealt with for the last time. Second, it keeps us engaged in piratical action. And third, the arcs would seem to blend in nice and smoothly. The only questions, what dark power was released and who would this "evil genius" be?
My theory: The evil genius could definitely be someone Avery once knew, maybe even a close rival. Like the Duck of Death, dark jealousy (of Avery) blackened his heart into evil and perhaps he was intent on gaining whatever dangerous power is hidden in El Dorodo. I posted an earlier thread of the possibility of someone else controlling the Armada; in this case it could be this evil genius, or his assistant maybe, who hacked into the Armada and sent them after El Dorodo. He probably could have also sent them to capture other pirates so that he could corrupt them with black magic into a dark army, which would explain the origin of the shades in Aquila.
What will happen when the dangerous power in El Dorodo is released and there after is only speculative, of course. I hope you and I can continue to look into the details of this plot.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Row4n412 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Interesting, interesting... but this is a storyline. Adding an entirely new skyway to each world? A little extensive for a side-world. Maybe just have new Valencia and Monquista skyways, because there are still areas there we haven't explored.