Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

easiest way to get armadillo verde

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
now methinks this has been asked before but i just want to know what boss drops it the most offen. i plan to keep going in the la vega place for now but i hope someone can help me. it looks soo cute and its the closest to a rollie pollie i can get!

thanks in advance lol
Jason Carter

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Quick Jason Carter on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
now methinks this has been asked before but i just want to know what boss drops it the most offen. i plan to keep going in the la vega place for now but i hope someone can help me. it looks soo cute and its the closest to a rollie pollie i can get!

thanks in advance lol
Jason Carter
Hey Jason!

The quickest way I would think is through morphing. Since you can try every 10 minutes, I would say your chances are better off that way. However, if you don't have the gold, I heard farming Tyson with a full group of people is fun. He also drops the Armadillo and it's a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 fight, so it's easy!

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I've heard tell that Tyson, the chicken boxer, drops that pet, and he is easy and repeatable. As a swashy, I can defeat him in three hits. More people in the battle=more bosses=better chance of pet. Good luck!
Clever Sam Jones

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
basically what i'm asking is witch boss has the best chance to drop it that's all

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
basically what i'm asking is witch boss has the best chance to drop it that's all
Nobody really knows the exact drop rates of any bosses. So we can't really tell ya who has the "best" chance, but I'm assuming each boss would have the same percent chance of dropping the same pet, but that's just my thoughts.

Tyson is your best bet in terms of boss fights, and morphing is your overall best chance.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The quickest way to get anything in the game is to stop TRYING to get it. At least, most of the good stuff I've gotten is when I'm not trying for it. My method is to fight each boss along the way five times. If I don't get anything good by then, I move on. I got the Armadillo Verde from El Guapo on my first character, and then I got it from Johnny Ringo on my second.

Now that you can Morph for it, unless you desperately want a first generation dropped pet, you should try the Morphing Tent.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
thanks. when i asked for the "best" way it was due to me not refershing the page. feeling saddened that no one responded. and tried to elaborate. thank you everyone for you input. i think i'll take me and my friend (who also kinda wants it) to fight tyson a bunch. i kinda beofre was useing this ittle post about best places to farm. and i had currently been going after el guapo. but when i think about it the more good drops he has to less likely the one i wan it going to drop.

thanks again see ye around the skyways!

Jason Carter Buccaneer

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
thanks for everything guys! i'm gonna try morphing and such.

(psst andyone want to do the morphing? i'm lazy)

Jason Carter Buccaneer

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I've heard tell that Tyson, the chicken boxer, drops that pet, and he is easy and repeatable. As a swashy, I can defeat him in three hits. More people in the battle=more bosses=better chance of pet. Good luck!
Clever Sam Jones
Aww, I wish I had known that when it took me about 2-3 months just to get a couple from Johnny Ringo. I had no luck with El Guapo, but I did get a couple of Golden Stingtails and Tropical Sky Snakes from him.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013

thanks in advance lol
Jason Carter
an armadillo was me first pet XD i got mine from killing johnny ringo, go take him on a few times in you will get him for sure

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I got mine early on from the Evil Spirit in Dark Cave in Cooper's Roost, while I was farming for the ring, Aro de Armadura, for my Buccaneer- which gives Backstab. It's a pretty easy, quick fight so if you aren't having any luck with pet droppings from the other bosses, there's yet another option for you.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
i know i'm very unlikely to get a direct answer from a dev or someone else who's smart enough but it's worth a shot.
does tyson drop it? i've seen the chests he drops and they don't look like boss drops? am i just being paraniod or ... what?

well anyway i'm headed there now with a friend who wants it to.

Jason Carter Buccaneer level 40
Modest Cyrus Lester level 13 Privateer

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Thank you everyone! i got one from a guy who morphed with me!