Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

catbeards in jail.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
Ok, I am here trying to promote bonnie and when it says talk to catbeard, boochbeard comes along and says "catbeards in jail, you need to break him out first before he can help promote your companions" so your saying I cant promote bonnie till end of marleybone. LOVELY

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
honesttaylor12 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I am here trying to promote bonnie and when it says talk to catbeard, boochbeard comes along and says "catbeards in jail, you need to break him out first before he can help promote your companions" so your saying I cant promote bonnie till end of marleybone. LOVELY
Yea when they set that up they never DREAMED that players would delay promoting their companions that long and at some point Catbeard has to leave his ship when he gets arrested. Yea you have to wait now but next pirate that comes through.....If you don't procrastinate the promotions it really works flawlessly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well yeah that's how it works.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Talk to Catbeard? I don't recall having to talk to Catbeard for BA's third promotion (the one you receive in Marleybone). Have you made it to Marleybone before trying to do BA's Port Regal promotion?

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yes, even in the grand scheme of things, freeing the greatest consumer of pickled herring the Spiral has ever known takes precedence over promotions. And yes, he is KEY in Bonnie Anne's promotion. Good luck!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i havent finished bonnies promo yet so i have no words on this

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Good grief! When you said you were promoting Bonnie, and it said to talk to Catbeard, I thought, "What?? I don't remember having to talk to Catbeard during the promotion where she has to go after her own brother.

Then I realize you're talking about the Port Royal promotion, not the Marlebone one.

Yeah... you delayed that promotion something FIERCE! Now you're going to have to wait.

And talk about cognitive dissonance. Imagine going to visit Catbeard in the Cat's Paw with Catbeard as your First Mate, travelling beside you. TWO Catbeards? The world shudders at the implications.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Good grief! When you said you were promoting Bonnie, and it said to talk to Catbeard, I thought, "What?? I don't remember having to talk to Catbeard during the promotion where she has to go after her own brother.

Then I realize you're talking about the Port Royal promotion, not the Marlebone one.

Yeah... you delayed that promotion something FIERCE! Now you're going to have to wait.

And talk about cognitive dissonance. Imagine going to visit Catbeard in the Cat's Paw with Catbeard as your First Mate, travelling beside you. TWO Catbeards? The world shudders at the implications.
Absolutely I don't think Bartleby would react very kindly to us creating rips in the Spiral's time space continuum.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You think delaying Bonnie Anne's promo is bad? Hah! lemme tell ya about a pirate I met once, who was in Aquila ( at level 60 ) who hadn't even promoted Subodai to his Horse Khan! Everyone is saying: " Promote your Subodai!" He says: "I will when I reach max level!" ikr, mind blowing! Of course this was before the update, but still!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Why didn't you promote Bonnie Anne when you had the chance like 20 levels ago? You decided to wait till the last min didn't you..? Thats the problem