Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mystery solved!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
The mystery of the Mechanical Owl is solved! With it appearing as a Crowns Item, we now know where we can get it! It costs $5, or 2500 Crowns! Its main Epic move is Charming Gaze Rank 2! Now.....what hybrids can we make? Anyone thinking about mixing this fine owl with a Black Widow? Mechanical Spider anyone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
The mystery of the Mechanical Owl is solved! With it appearing as a Crowns Item, we now know where we can get it! It costs $5, or 2500 Crowns! Its main Epic move is Charming Gaze Rank 2! Now.....what hybrids can we make? Anyone thinking about mixing this fine owl with a Black Widow? Mechanical Spider anyone?
Way ahead of you. I have tried several times already. Many wonderful theories are bouncing around just begging to be tried.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I saw Chrissy with one when I was showing her a floating bush, she told me so that's where I got my information from

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
warriorscreed on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Tried the Mechanical Owl + Black Widow combo 5 times already. No luck so far...

Not saying it doesn't work, but not in my favor as of yet.

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Hey there! Me and a friend breed his adult Mechanical Owl with my Coral Widow. Surprisingly, we had no positive results... We may have to wait 2 more weeks until they release more pets, or at least thats what my friend says. The other option could be that there may be another spider that is yet to be discovered that could possibly be the spider we need for the combination. The other option, it could be another crown pet. Last option, we were just extremely unlucky, but I doubt it. We used a lot of our gold until we lost hope... There are people who claimed it took them around 20 tries to get something like the Grimtooth Reaver or the Frostbiter, this could possibly be one of those cases. I wish you luck looking for a hybrid. Try and use a variety of pets instead of the spider while breeding with your Mechanical Owl, who knows, there could be a Mechanical Armadillo or something. See you in the Spiral

Community Leader
I've tried the Owl with the following pets:

Crimson Crawlie
Coconut Crawlie
Minotaur
Coral Widow
Ice Scarab
Inky Octopus

Spiders were descended from Crab like ancestors which is why I used the Crawlie just in case. Some combos don't make sense, but still produces a Hybrid. It could be the same in this case. I used Minotaur because a friend wanted to see if we could produce a Mechanical Bull which is a nifty idea. The rest were of course to try to recreate the Mechanical Spider.

I tried once with each combo which isn't enough. But maybe you could try similiar combos or new combos like with common pets for instance.

Let your imagination run wild!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!