Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions for those who have morphed hybrids

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Decius, if you don't want any of these questions answered I will not be offended if you edit this post!

I have some questions for those of you who have successfully morphed hybrids.

1. How many attempts at a given pairing did you try before being successful?

2. Were the original two pets you used in the same age category?

3. If the answer to #2 is "yes", were they the same level?

Thanks,

-Indigo the Curious

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Decius, if you don't want any of these questions answered I will not be offended if you edit this post!

Thanks,

-Indigo the Curious
My ranges have been first try for the Frostbiter, 25 tries for the grimtooth and probably 15 for the Emusarus, I didn't really keep track not wanting to jinx things. The Tiger shark took three tries. I have long ago lost count of the failed morphs on unknown recipes but I have a couple of yards full of hatchlings to show for it. Most of my tries were one parent that was a max loyal pet and a level 30 or slightly above adult. The only ones where the levels matched were my Scareakeet and Labor golem tries for an owl and Skull Island Macaw. Got quite a few Macaws but no luck on that owl .

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:

Thanks,

-Indigo the Curious
1. I have learned not to count, attempts at farming, and now morphing. I have 4 categories: First = 5+ attempts is a few, The second tier = A lot. Third tier is "Too many", and finally at almost maximum frustration is Fourth tier = "more than I care to admit". The Grimtooth is my only successful morph and it was definitely fourth tier, more than I care to admit.

2. No, the Ebon was level 65 and the NSGWS was level 30 something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ascew on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
1. I have learned not to count, attempts at farming, and now morphing. I have 4 categories: First = 5+ attempts is a few, The second tier = A lot. Third tier is "Too many", and finally at almost maximum frustration is Fourth tier = "more than I care to admit". The Grimtooth is my only successful morph and it was definitely fourth tier, more than I care to admit.

2. No, the Ebon was level 65 and the NSGWS was level 30 something.
I LOVE your system. Much less frustrating.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the responses.

I can foresee some of my pirates' houses becoming quite crowded as wll...

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Another Morphing question for those who have successfully produced a hybrid: were both parents "pure" whatevers, or was one (or both) parents itself bred from two different parents. For example, if I have a Not-So-Great White Shark who is half NSG White Shark and half Ebon specter, do we know if he would have a chance of producing a hybrid Grimtooth Reaper if bred with an Ebon Specter?

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Indigo Ring on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Another Morphing question for those who have successfully produced a hybrid: were both parents "pure" whatevers, or was one (or both) parents itself bred from two different parents. For example, if I have a Not-So-Great White Shark who is half NSG White Shark and half Ebon specter, do we know if he would have a chance of producing a hybrid Grimtooth Reaper if bred with an Ebon Specter?

-Indigo
The previous generation does not affect the current generation when attempting a morphing combination.

Except in special combos, such as the Grimtooth Reaper and some choice others.

So your NSGW Shark will not cause any issues in attempting another Grimtooth Reaper, but a Grimtooth Reaper will not produce another Grimtooth Reaper.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:

-Indigo
Hello Indigo. As far as the first post goes:

1] The Emusaur and Tiger Shark I received on the first morphing attempts for both. The Frostbiter I got after 4 or 5 tries. The Grimtooth Reaver took me about 20-25 attempts.

2 & 3]

[A] When I morphed the Emusaur, both parents were both Mega age category and Level 60+. I think the Ostrich was a 62 and the Orchid a 65 Mega Loyal.

With the Frostbiter, both the Hammerhead and Ice Scarab had just reached Adulthood and were maybe Level 31 tops.

[C] For the Tiger Shark the Thresher was an Adult (level 31) and my Sabretoothed Bunny was a Mega level 65.

[D] With the Grimtooth, I tried with my Mega Level 65 Ebon and my Adult Level 31 Not so Great White Shark about 15-20 tries to no avail. Then I trained another Ebon with a higher Pedigree to Adult and with both being Adult- Level 30 and 31, I got the Grimtooth after 5 tries.

And for your 2nd inquisitive post:

For [A] (Emusaur), both parents were "pure" or 1st generation pets.

For (Frostbiter), both parents were "pure" or 1st generation.

For [C] (Tiger Shark), both parents were also "pure" or 1st generation.

For [D] (Grimtooth), the Not so Great White Shark was a 2nd generation result of an unsuccessful attempt at a Hybrid (went for higher Pedigree) and the Ebon Spectre that successfully produced the Hybrid was a 2nd generation pet. The Mega Level 65 Ebon that I first tried was a "pure" or 1st generation pet.

As for your example, I know for a fact that a friend, whom I won't mention- just know that he's pretty gruesome, said that he got another Tiger Shark from morphing a Tiger Shark with one of the parents (I think that was the combo). Maybe he can clarify, because I am getting old and the memory ain't what it used to be (even though it was just last night).

Hope this helps Indigo, for wherever your curiosities are leading you.

-Valkoor the Oblivious

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks to you both, Decius and Valkoor. That is helpful to know - not least, because it does simplify record keeping!

-Indigo